• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

It is the nature of any market that sellers expect/hope to get a king's ransom and buyers expect/hope to take advantage of a fire sale.  Until the clock running out has a sobering effect on both of them.

This is not a question of why the GM has not pulled the trigger yet because the deals are not available yet. Unless you want to be the ones paying a king's ransom.

We have the assets and the cap room here and we have the obligation to wait for the right deal.

I’m watching Columbus play Boston right now. Would definitely be ok with Gavrikov. Another warrior like Lindgren. I also like Roslovic. I didn’t realize he was killing penalties this year. 1 stop shopping for Drury.

29 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’m watching Columbus play Boston right now. Would definitely be ok with Gavrikov. Another warrior like Lindgren. I also like Roslovic. I didn’t realize he was killing penalties this year. 1 stop shopping for Drury.

Maybe it picked up recently. He wasn’t for awhile. 
I like him. Or, I should say, I want to like him. But, he tries to play above his abilities, and it doesn’t work. I wish understood his capabilities and focused on being a strong, prototypical 3C. 

I think I’d prefer to pay a bit more for Copp 

I just don't think they're going to trade him. Why would they, when he's performing like this and the team can easily clear cap by trading other players?

Garland to a team like New Jersey just makes too much sense versus Miller to Toronto or New York.

I also think a lot of the biggest names aren't going to be available. Pavelski will re-sign, Giroux isn't coming here, and Miller won't get moved at all. Get the feeling they'll be after secondary tier targets like Rakell, Lehkonen, and some depth on defense.

• Keeps it 100 3

Anaheim could be a one stop shop with Rakell, Lindholm, Getzlaf (if he can be convinced to waive NMC for a Cup run here).

Just glancing at that roster, Troy Terry really came out of nowhere. 1.45M per year through next year and has 28 goals. RFA at the end of it. That's the kind of cost for production that makes you do a double take and wonder if there's any way Anaheim could be convinced to trade him.

2 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Anaheim could be a one stop shop with Rakell, Lindholm, Getzlaf (if he can be convinced to waive NMC for a Cup run here).

Just glancing at that roster, Troy Terry really came out of nowhere. 1.45M per year through next year and has 28 goals. RFA at the end of it. That's the kind of cost for production that makes you do a double take and wonder if there's any way Anaheim could be convinced to trade him.

They can't be. Comtois, maybe.

2 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Other than the thou shalt not trade within your own local market rule I would normally think the Islanders would be sellers but...

Not sure who they might be moving that might be of interest. Pageau?

He's has what, 1 season where he was above .5 PPG with a $5m hit until he's 34.

1 minute ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Other than the thou shalt not trade within your own local market rule I would normally think the Islanders would be sellers but...

Not sure who they might be moving that might be of interest. Pageau?

Speaking of in our own market, I wonder if anyone nabs "Slewfoot McGrue" (Subban) at the deadline.  NJ probably can't wait to get his $9 million off the books!

Just listened to a bit from Friedman yesterday. He said that in addition to Colorado, who may be focusing elsewhere, and Florida, that the Rangers and Bruins are two teams he believe have “kicked the tires” on Claude Giroux. Philly also has had scouts at a few recent Hartford games. In addition, Rangers have had scouts at some recent Flyer games.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't know if it's just because I'm anxious for the Rangers to make some significant moves, but it seems like the Trade Deadline has taken forever to get here this year.

It’s later than it usually is because this was supposed to be an Olympic year.

I feel like it’s been relatively quiet the last few days. No reports really or anything. Still 11 days to go. 

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s later than it usually is because this was supposed to be an Olympic year.

I feel like it’s been relatively quiet the last few days. No reports really or anything. Still 11 days to go. 

I know it's later, but it still feels like it's taking forever to get here. Probably another week or so until we hear some good rumblings.

At present, this roster is much like my golf game. 

I’d be fucking awesome if I could start hitting my driver, learn how to hit my long irons, figure out my short irons, get better around the green, and become a competent putter. I’m THAT CLOSE.

This team would be really really good if it acquired 6 NHL quality forwards, a defenseman, and a back up goalie that is more functional than a lawn chair in net..  so close! 

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 3