• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Gavrikov is the perfect addition at the moment. Low cap hit for the next two years, plays against all sorts of competition, is more offensively capable than his numbers show, is good friends with Panarin. Given Lindgren's struggles of late, it would be nice to have Gavrikov who can step up as needed. He'd be excellent alongside Schneider. 

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

47 minutes ago, Flynn said:

At present, this roster is much like my golf game. 

I’d be fucking awesome if I could start hitting my driver, learn how to hit my long irons, figure out my short irons, get better around the green, and become a competent putter. I’m THAT CLOSE.

This team would be really really good if it acquired 6 NHL quality forwards, a defenseman, and a back up goalie that is more functional than a lawn chair in net..  so close! 

I don’t think the Rangers are that many pieces away, but your golf game sounds pretty bad lol

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 3

11 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Gavrikov is the perfect addition at the moment. Low cap hit for the next two years, plays against all sorts of competition, is more offensively capable than his numbers show, is good friends with Panarin. Given Lindgren's struggles of late, it would be nice to have Gavrikov who can step up as needed. He'd be excellent alongside Schneider. 

I think they would need to dump Nemeth one way or another to afford Gavrikov next year. I would sweeten the pot for Columbus to take Nemeth in the deal.

43 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I think they would need to dump Nemeth one way or another to afford Gavrikov next year. I would sweeten the pot for Columbus to take Nemeth in the deal.

Provided that Columbus is NOT on Nemeth's 8 team no trade list. 

Edited by Costa

3 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

I believe Nemeth shouldn't be playing ,but he takes too much blame ,we should start with Lindgren he has been bad ,and he plays way more important minutes than Nemeth

Love that dude. Id never bash him. Fully believe he would take a puck to the face for any team mate. 

The team as a whole is on a low part of a wave. They are trending to pick it right up when it matters and that should excite everyone here!

(Still need a scoring RW and 3rd line C)

Say they don't make the trades we expect by the deadline; what kind of FA pool exists this summer for next year?

8 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

I should have stopped reading after the author led with "Rangers General Manager Chris Drury has been patiently waiting for a track to explode on..."

Very poorly writen and edited piece that I'd take with a grain of salt. Not saying it won't happen, this guy is just repeating rumors and sprinkling in his own flavor, I'm just not convinced he has " sources".