• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

3 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

there will be 0 trades left tomorrow ugh

Always thought Dermott was pretty good, but needed more time to grow as a player.  Wanted the Rangers to go for him this past summer when it was rumored Toronto was looking to move guys prior to the expansion draft. He and Kerfoot were supposedly available. 

On 1/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, Keirik said:

So just throwing this out there. Winnipeg is kind of reeling and wallowing out there.  They also have a shit ton of money tied up in contracts so expiring guys probably aren’t in the cards to re-up. They also traded away their 22 2nd, their own 3rd (although they do own the blue jackets 3rd) and their 4th.  They traded away their 23 2nd also. If they continue in mediocrity, they may look to get some assets back. Really they probably look for picks. 

I wonder what Andrew Copp would cost ? Plays center. Mid 50% faceoff guy. Plays in all situations. And is on an expiring contract. 

On 2/7/2022 at 6:40 PM, Keirik said:

I have him on my fantasy team. Name or not he’s a very good hockey player. Name helps though! 

I do know Yanni is a pipe dream but only because it would take some serious skills as an experienced GM to pull the off. It’s absolutely the right move though in my mind. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Nah man I'm toast. Next thing I'm gonna say we should go out and acquire Yanni Gourde or something

I was on your Copp train too since January. Now I feel betrayed with the Gourde jab. 😞

• LOL 1

Better see some movement tomorrow or another fan letter to throw in the playoff towel this year. Surely we can find someone to play hockey in our bottom six? Surely we could spend our surplus of assets on some quality depth? Surely we don’t think the roster as is will stand a chance, right? A very strange lack of, well, anything here. An 8m zibanejad and 8m Adam Fox are not carrying us for the next three years if they can’t do it this year with the support that infinite cap space provides

• Like 1

I’ll be bold and predict a flurry: Copp, de Haan and Kessel.

Lots of chatter about us and Copp now, so I wouldn’t be floored there. I  wouldn’t be surprised all that much if they make a play for Lehkonen, who is still out there. I feel like a lot has quieted down with Rakell. I don’t think Vancouver ultimately deals Miller. Kane is pure fantasy. I just think Kessel is asleep on his feet in Arizona, and the idea of a playoff push and playing with real talent may reinvigorate him a bit; understanding full well he isn’t what he once was, but can still be one of those guys who gets hot at the right time. Though I believe it may be too late, I wouldn’t be completely stunned to see a team like Vegas, who may be without Lehner for the remainder of the regular season, panic and give Drury a nice offer for Georgiev. If so, maybe he accepts and pivots to acquire another backup on the cheap. Maybe Reimer, with some retention from SJ? I think this is more of a summer thing now though.

So yeah, here’s my post deadline lineup (including Kakko whenever he returns):

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere

Panarin-Strome-Kessel

Vatrano-Copp-Kakko

Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

(Brodzinski, Hunt, Gauthier, McKegg as depth)

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

de Haan-Schneider

Shesterkin

Georgiev

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1