• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Is that Mottes game? He has 72 career PIMs

Motte had like 24GP last year with 100 hits... his hit totals are down a little this year, probably more coaching than him, but always avg. 3-4+ per game. 

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

eagerly waiting on what we give up for Copp, but I will say, if our additions are Vatrano, Braun, Motte and Copp and we are giving up a few later picks and maybe a player (depending on Copp) than I think Drury pulled off a really good deadline.

I agree, BBB.  Drury did pretty well today in my book!

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I think Carolina's awesome, but Panthers just look other-worldly.

I don’t know man. I know a lot of people lean toward that opinion, but I personally think Carolina is the best team I’ve seen the Rangers play in the East.

I think Carolina and Calgary have been the 2 scariest teams in each conference. I know everyone is wild for Colorado and Florida, which they should be. And ultimately, I wouldn’t be stunned seeing that be a Final. But Carolina and Calgary, to me, their styles are playoff hockey. They’re gonna be tough outs.

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t know man. I know a lot of people lean toward that opinion, but I personally think Carolina is the best team I’ve seen the Rangers play in the East.

I think Carolina and Calgary have been the 2 scariest teams in each conference. I know everyone is wild for Colorado and Florida, which they should be. And ultimately, I wouldn’t be stunned seeing that be a Final. But Carolina and Calgary, to me, their styles are playoff hockey. They’re gonna be tough outs.

Agree. They absolutely worked the Rangers last night, in ways the Panthers have not.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Pete said:

Agree. They absolutely worked the Rangers last night, in ways the Panthers have not.

Carolina would be the only team in the East that would give me heartburn to see for 7 games. Can you imagine facing that onslaught for 4-7 games? They’re suffocating. And they just don’t stop.

Its not a knock on Florida, Tampa or anyone else. On paper? Sure, Florida looks amazing. But honestly, all 8 teams in the East present reasons why they can make a run. However, the only team I’ve seen that could step it up and play their game and just suffocate teams is Carolina. We’re all warming up for the playoffs; their game is the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Totally agree. Carolina is relentless, and they aren’t weak on the backend or in net. They are a pretty complete team. Only thing I’ll say is Aho/Svech aren’t as high end offensively as what you’ll find on other teams, but they are still damn good players. The Canes are a super depth team.

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Totally agree. Carolina is relentless, and they aren’t weak on the backend or in net. They are a pretty complete team. Only thing I’ll say is Aho/Svech aren’t as high end offensively as what you’ll find on other teams, but they are still damn good players. The Canes are a super depth team.

With our new and improved 3rd line, I have plenty of faith in ADA and Skjei showing their defensive lapses during a 7 game series.

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

With our new and improved 3rd line, I have plenty of faith in ADA and Skjei showing their defensive lapses during a 7 game series.

Have to hope so if we do face them. With the way Carolina plays, they don’t spend a lot of time in their own end. They get to protect those guys more than we could. Look at what they’ve done for Freddy, who was a good goalie previously but putting up elite numbers now.

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Have to hope so if we do face them. With the way Carolina plays, they don’t spend a lot of time in their own end. They get to protect those guys more than we could. Look at what they’ve done for Freddy, who was a good goalie previously but putting up elite numbers now.

Carolina also may be the best conditioned team I’ve seen is play. That teams collective motor is just through the roof.