• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

40 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t know man. I know a lot of people lean toward that opinion, but I personally think Carolina is the best team I’ve seen the Rangers play in the East.

I think Carolina and Calgary have been the 2 scariest teams in each conference. I know everyone is wild for Colorado and Florida, which they should be. And ultimately, I wouldn’t be stunned seeing that be a Final. But Carolina and Calgary, to me, their styles are playoff hockey. They’re gonna be tough outs.

It's a close call. I just think the addition of Giroux makes them beastly. But don't disagree about the formidable forces arrayed in CGY and CAR.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

The fact that we got the players we need and didn’t give up guys like Othman, Lundkvist, Jones, Robertson, Cuylle or any other good long term prospect is huge. 

I’ll happily give the 1st if we go to the ECF 

these prospects are also good chips for off-season trades for other long term solutions, especially if Strome isn’t coming back 

there’s a few guys I liked that got traded for not much that I thought we could’ve been in on. But we got similar players and didn’t give a ton. 

no notes Drury

Good move getting Copp. Motte is a physical presence for if Reaves gets hurt or run down, but I'd say he's more of a Hunnt type. Not sure they needed more of that. Unless im missing something and he can slot up..

Braun I read may be able to play either side.  

I'd have preferred another offensive winger like Domi or Kessel, but Copp was very much needed. 

3rd line has many different potential combinations. Tempted to put Copp with Goodrow and Chytil or Vatrano on the right. Then again Kakko is coming back. 

Do they have the roster space for these additions? Who goes on waivers first? Hajek, Gauthier or Mckegg?  Do we see Schneider sent down? 

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Good move getting Copp. Motte is a physical presence for if Reaves gets hurt or run down, but I'd say he's more of a Hunnt type. Not sure they needed more of that. Unless im missing something and he can slot up..

Braun I read may be able to play either side.  

I'd have preferred another offensive winger like Domi or Kessel, but Copp was very much needed. 

3rd line has many different potential combinations. Tempted to put Copp with Goodrow and Chytil or Vatrano on the right. Then again Kakko is coming back. 

Do they have the roster space for these additions? Who goes on waivers first? Hajek, Gauthier or Mckegg?  Do we see Schneider sent down? 

Hopefully never see Gauthier in the lineup again

Schneider is not going down

11 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Hopefully never see Gauthier in the lineup again

Schneider is not going down

Meh, Gauthier with Copp and Goodrow is intriguing. 3G line.  

I can't see Braun being brought in to sit. Schneider doesn't deserve to be sent down, but they need room and he has options. 

Gauthier and Hajek are likely going on waivers with intent to send them down, Brodz likely to be sent down, but I think they still need another roster spot or 2 once Kakko and Rooney are back. I think they love Mckegg too much to risk losing on waivers and Hunt is royalty.  

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Meh, Gauthier with Copp and Goodrow is intriguing. 3G line.  

I can't see Braun being brought in to sit. Schneider doesn't deserve to be sent down, but they need room and he has options. 

Gauthier and Hajek are likely going on waivers with intent to send them down, Brodz likely to be sent down, but I think they still need another roster spot or 2 once Kakko and Rooney are back. I think they love Mckegg too much to risk losing on waivers and Hunt is royalty.  

Gauthier has hands of iron. 

6 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Gauthier has hands of iron. 

He's also hard to move from infront of the net like iron. Id like to see these 3 buzzing around the net and being "hard to play against"   

Vatrano would be much better. I guess Kakko could benefit in that spot too. 

They certainly have a bunch of different combinations available. 

Goodrow/Vatrano/Copp- Copp/Chytil/Goodrow- Vatrano/Kakko/Chytil/Copp/Goodrow 

Hunt is fine in a lesser role. His problem was that he was being used on the 2nd line which was never a good fit.

BTW, I wouldn't just assume Blias comes back next year. Depending on how a guy like Motte does, he might be worth keeping even if it's the total white flag end of the Buch trade. Not saying it definitely happens but if there is some chemistry there with success, the one that brought you to the dance and all that 

Edited by Keirik

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hunt is fine in a lesser role. His problem was that he was being used on the 2nd line which was never a good fit.

BTW, I wouldn't just assume Blias comes back next year. Depending on how a guy kike Motte does, he might be worth keeping even if it's the total white flag end of the Buch trade. Notnssying it definitely happens but if there is some chemistry there with success, the one that brought you to the dance and all that 

Yeah, that Buchnevich trade looks worse and worse. Unfortunate. And we pretty much just paid more for Copp than we got for Buch.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Yeah, that Buchnevich trade looks worse and worse. Unfortunate. And we pretty much just paid more for Copp than we got for Buch.

Buch for Copp in my mind would have been an awesome trade if we re-upped Copp at under 5m. Again, learning to navigate cap with value performance contracts. 

I’m hoping we do a little Billy Beane style cap managing sooner rather than later regardless of this seasons outcome if it’s not a cup celebration.  Even after this trade deadline, look how little we actually traded. We have so much equity. We need to use this to obtain cost associated value 

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1