• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

8 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

They both skate around real nice but are equal in nothingness.

They're not. Hunt doesn't score but it's easy to see why he continue to play. He does all the right things in spite of his limitations. Gauthier doesn't. He has three moves that he applies over and over again to no positive effect.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I have never seen someone so devout to such a shitty player. Not only do the fans on message boards not want the guy to play, the NHL coaches don't even want him to play. 

I'm fine with him as a 13th forward cycling in on the 4th line for some games. Him being on the Panarin line is mysterious to me

1 hour ago, Phil said:

They're not. Hunt doesn't score but it's easy to see why he continue to play. He does all the right things in spite of his limitations. Gauthier doesn't. He has three moves that he applies over and over again to no positive effect.

I don’t know man. Gauthier is excellent at using his speed and going to the net. That’s a really big “right thing” to do for a team that likes to play perimeter hockey. He just can’t finish his chances to save his life.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

If you put Hunt's brain in Gauthier's body, you'd have yourself... something like Josh Anderson lite. 

Lol super lite since it’d still be a player who can’t put the puck in the net.

22 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

I'm fine with him as a 13th forward cycling in on the 4th line for some games. Him being on the Panarin line is mysterious to me

He's an AHL scorer. He's not good enough defensively to be relied upon in the bottom-6. He doesn't have the finish of a top-6 forward. He doesn't belong in the league, tbh. Maybe as a middle-6 player on a dumpster team like Arizona.

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

I have never seen someone so devout to such a shitty player. Not only do the fans on message boards not want the guy to play, the NHL coaches don't even want him to play. 

Yeah it's sickening isn't it (me being "devout").  I think with an opportunity, this guy can be productive in the NHL. He'll put it together somewhere else. Mike Knuble part 2. 

...Just wanna send out a big Thanks for the whole gang that stayed on top of every trade yesterday. 

For us Desk Jockeys, who don't get a chance to look at all the news, it's great to have everything right in one thread that keeps us all up to the second on that stuff!!

You guys are fucking super!!  Thanks fellas!!

Han Solo Ok GIF

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah it's sickening isn't it (me being "devout").  I think with an opportunity, this guy can be productive in the NHL. He'll put it together somewhere else. Mike Knuble part 2. 

He's been outproduced by Ryan Reaves in total points and points/game.

Edited by Cash or Czech

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's also hard to move from infront of the net like iron. Id like to see these 3 buzzing around the net and being "hard to play against"   

Gauthier is probably the easiest player in the league to play against. Just let him do his things (skate fast towards the goal and shoot wide or right in the goalies chest) and then go and get the puck afterwards.

• Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

He's been outproduced by Ryan Reaves in total points and points/game.

And he still played less career games than any forward on the roster. Love hearing about the great opportunities the guy has had while here. 

Gauthier actually reminds me of Benoit Pouillot.  Took him forever to become a good NHL player.  Unfortunately Gauthier needs to move on and become that good payer elsewhere.  There isn't room for him here and this isn't the team for him to figure it out at.  I do think he has the making of a decent NHL player once he figures it out but like Pouillot it may take years for that to happen.  

• Keeps it 100 2

11 minutes ago, Capt said:

Gauthier actually reminds me of Benoit Pouillot.  Took him forever to become a good NHL player.  Unfortunately Gauthier needs to move on and become that good payer elsewhere.  There isn't room for him here and this isn't the team for him to figure it out at.  I do think he has the making of a decent NHL player once he figures it out but like Pouillot it may take years for that to happen.  

Not a bad comparison. Basically took Pouliot five years to find his footing. But he found it by the age of 23. Gauthier is already 24.

Pouliot:

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 10.52.53 AM.png

Gauthier:

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 10.53.27 AM.png

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And he still played less career games than any forward on the roster. Love hearing about the great opportunities the guy has had while here. 

He is literally being outproduced offensively by a 4th line enforcer...same opportunity as Gauthier. No PP time, no PK time. Just straight up 4th line minutes. Apples to apples comparison, he is a worse offensive contributor than Ryan fuckin' Reaves. How does he even deserve to get more opportunities based on that?

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Applause 1

Is their really a discussion on Gauthier being in the lineup after these moves the Rangers made yesterday, when he couldn't even get in the lineup before these moves?  🤨

Gauthier is useless

I'd even say their is a shot of Chytil not even being in the lineup when Rooney/Kakko comes back and yet we're talking about Gauthier being in the lineup.  

Edited by Blue Heaven