• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs Arizona Coyotes — Just Leave Chychrun Behind, Thanks

Morphinity 2.0

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo
REGULAR SEASON GAME #42 — 1/22/22

NYR Logo Reflectionv. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: TVAS, BSSO, MSG
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comcoyotes.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

26-11-4 (56 Points)

2nd — Metropolitan

11-3-2

15-8-2

2-1

7-3-0

L1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+17 (12th)

2.93 (17th)

2.54 (3rd)

23.9% (9th)

83.8% (6th)

44.2% (32nd)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Chris Kreider (26)

Adam Fox (36)

Adam Fox (43)

Ryan Lindgren (+18)

Jacob Trouba (61)

Adam Fox (24:35)

Mika Zibanejad (19:48)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Kaapo Kakko
Artemi Panarin A / Ryan Strome A / Dryden Hunt
Alexis Lafrenière / Barclay Goodrow A / Filip Chytil
Greg McKegg / Kevin Rooney / Ryan Reaves

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller / Jacob Trouba A
Patrik Nemeth / Braden Schneider

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

18-4-2

Healthy Scratches:

Libor Hajek, Jarred Tinordi, Julien Gauthier

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Sammy Blais [IR] — Knee surgery; Out for season

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

10-25-4 (24 Points)

8th — Central

5-13-1

5-12-3

0-4

4-4-2

L1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-59 (32nd)

2.21 (31st)

3.62 (30th)

12.6% (32nd)

73.5% (29th)

45.1% (31st)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Clayton Keller (14)

Phil Kessel?!?!?! (22)

Clayton Keller (30)

Liam O'Brien, (+3)

Liam O'Brien (85)

Jakub Chychrun (24:30)

Clayton Keller (19:49)

Starting Lineup:^

Lawson Crouse / Johan Larsson / Phil Kessel A
Clayton Keller / Travis Boyd / Nick Schmaltz
Andrew Ladd A / Riley Nash / Christian Fischer
Liam O'Brien / Alex Galchenyuk / Loui Eriksson

Shayne Gostisbehere / Dysin Mayo
Janis Moser / Anton Stralman
Jakob Chychrun / Ilya Lyubushkin

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Karel Vejmelka

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

6-14-1

Healthy Scratches:

N/A

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Ryan Dzingel [COVID-19] — COVID-19 Protocol
Antoine Roussel [COVID-19] — COVID-19 Protocol

Barrett Hayton [IR] — Hand surgery
Jay Beagle [IR] — Lower-body surgery
Carter Hutton [IR] — Ankle injury
Conor Timmins [IR] — Knee surgery; Out for season
Dmitrij Jaskin [IR] — Lower-body injury

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“I just wanted to get a big body up there. It was nothing Kakko did. I wouldn’t pick on one player tonight. There were a lot of them.”

— Gerard Gallant on benching and then demoting Kappo Kakko (STINKS) to the 4th line by placing Ryan Reaves in his spot on Mika Zibanejad's wing

GIF to HYPE:

Riot Gang Up GIF by Downton Abbey

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#42) Rangers vs Arizona Coyotes — Just Leave Chychrun Behind, Thanks
11 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

Gerard Gallant on benching and then demoting Kappo Kakko (STINKS) to the 4th line by placing Ryan Reaves in his spot on Mika Zibanejad's wing

And this is kinda the shit I was worried about with Reaves and Gallant. 

Like, there is no reason ever to move Reaves from where he is. You somehow made both the 1st and 4th lines worse by doing that.

Would much rather have seen him move Goodrow up there, slide Chytil back to center (because that line was worthless anyway), move up Reaves to the 3rd or move up Rooney and fuck the 4th line. wingers.

• VINNY! 1

Karel Vejmelka is not a real name nor a real person. Like Biggus Dickus. 

He may be the disguised son of some Arizona poltician they're letting play in order to leverage a new arena, so Arizonans can continue to ignore NHL hockey for years to come. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

At least it's a bad team, so they'll probably win, but still haven't shaken off the sting from last night.

Meh, end of the day, can’t harp too long on last night. They played, they lost, they march on. It’s going to happen. Hopefully they learn their lesson for the next time we walk into a matchup with Carolina. But for now, this pile of shit team is the task at hand and needs to be dealt with accordingly. As I said in another thread, can’t let last nights loss effect tonight. This is a bad team we’re playing, and while we’re on a back to back, so are they. No excuses to not take it to this team tonight; especially after how hard they played us in Arizona. A loss here because of lack of focus would sound the alarms. Don’t let yesterday start a snowball effect. Go out, blow this team out of the Garden and move on.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

At least it's a bad team, so they'll probably win, but still haven't shaken off the sting from last night.

Yeah, and no matter what tonight won't help. If we come out and dominate the first thought in everyone's head is "now u show up against these guys...." 

22 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, and no matter what tonight won't help. If we come out and dominate the first thought in everyone's head is "now u show up against these guys...." 

That's just the reality of the situation this season. The Rangers are simply a cut below the elite teams like CAR, FLA, TBL, COL. It is what it is. They're going to lose games against those opponents more often than not, based on the limitations of this roster. We just gotta accept it and move on. 

6 minutes ago, Karan said:

That's just the reality of the situation this season. The Rangers are simply a cut below the elite teams like CAR, FLA, TBL, COL. It is what it is. They're going to lose games against those opponents more often than not, based on the limitations of this roster. We just gotta accept it and move on. 

Well, we can and have beaten some of those teams., the talent and the system are there. We just need it more frequently. 1-1 vs FLA, 2-0 against TBL. 

We aren't that, far off. It's 2-3 players that, need to be swapped out for 2-3 other players. Still an awesome ride this season. I'm not going to lose faith based off any one game any more than, I'm not going up and buying my cup finals tickets because they beat TBL twice in a back to back. 

Plenty of season, ahead for us to improve.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Well, we can and have beaten some of those teams., the talent and the system are there. We just need it more frequently. 1-1 vs FLA, 2-0 against TBL. 

We aren't that, far off. It's 2-3 players that, need to be swapped out for 2-3 other players. Still an awesome ride this season. I'm not going to lose faith based off any one game any more than, I'm not going up and buying my cup finals tickets because they beat TBL twice in a back to back. 

Plenty of season, ahead for us to improve.

Yeah I don't know man, last night wasn't like one of those games where we say oh the Rangers only played for 20 mins and didn't show up for the full 60. This wasn't about not showing up for a full 60. I thought the Rangers actually played decent for large stretches of the game. Our roster simply can't go toe-to-toe with the pace and desperation of a team like CAR, and similarly they're going to have struggles against opponents like FLA, TBL, COL etc. over the course of the season as well, with the odd victory here and there. I don't think it's anything to get down about. The Rangers are still a very good team and made a big step-up over last season. Just the reality of the situation we all need to accept, as it shows where this team needs further work, and I'm sure with the right management moves they'll get there.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

Yeah I don't know man, last night wasn't like one of those games where we say oh the Rangers only played for 20 mins and didn't show up for the full 60. This wasn't about not showing up for a full 60. I thought the Rangers actually played decent for large stretches of the game. Our roster simply can't go toe-to-toe with the pace and desperation of a team like CAR, and similarly they're going to have struggles against opponents like FLA, TBL, COL etc. over the course of the season as well, with the odd victory here and there. I don't think it's anything to get down about. The Rangers are still a very good team and made a big step-up over last season. Just the reality of the situation we all need to accept, as it shows where this team needs further work, and I'm sure with the right management moves they'll get there.

Agree. Also the Tampa games TBL were wracked by COVID. They faced Brian Elliot, and Vazzy just coming back from protocol. No conclusion to be drawn there with that amount of chaos.

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, Karan said:

Oh I agree with that. The Rangers are a very good team but nerd a couple of pieces to put them up with the elite teams. 100% agreed there. That's the difference between being able to beat them or regularly beating them 

• Cheers 1

I'd think Nemeth earned a seat last night. Hunt too. Hunt always.  

Any chance Schneider stays in since he was stuck with Nemeth?

Tinordi or Hajek?

Hajek right? Right. 

Gauthier should be back in as well, since they will likely need the option to move a RW up and down the lineup.  

Fuck... They really need to make a trade if these are the only options.  

No need to carry all these D men. Waive Tinordi and shit or get off the pot with Hajek. That poor kid just needs to play. He hasn't gotten that opportunity much since coming to NY from the beginning. 

Other players have gotten a much longer leash. He had one really bad game where everyone was pretty bad, but he gets banished, while Nemeth is Nemeth and Miller is.. Nemeth. 

Do something. A roster move for a forward is an absolute must. Anything. 

Can see a lot of Kessel hype talk coming from Sam and Joe in this one. Fuck Chychrun.  

Max Domi for trivia. 

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Or accept it and make a move that improves upon the teams short comings to shorten that gap.