• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs Arizona Coyotes — Just Leave Chychrun Behind, Thanks

Morphinity 2.0

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

It's a good test, in itself, as Arizona playing better and the possibility of a letdown from previous night, back to back, etc.

Yeah, but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Fail to win? How dare you lose to this lottery team.

Win unconvincingly?  "They can't even dominate an AHL team."

Win convincingly? "Well anyone can beat the Yotes."

All because of last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yeah, but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Fail to win? How dare you lose to this lottery team.

Win unconvincingly?  "They can't even dominate an AHL team."

Win convincingly? "Well anyone can beat the Yotes."

All because of last night.

I agree.

But to them, the outside noise shouldn’t matter, and I trust Gallant will let them know that.

Two points vs. Arizona tonight is no different than 2 points against anyone else. They’re there, go take them.

2 hours ago, Karan said:

That's just the reality of the situation this season. The Rangers are simply a cut below the elite teams like CAR, FLA, TBL, COL. It is what it is. They're going to lose games against those opponents more often than not, based on the limitations of this roster. We just gotta accept it and move on. 

The beauty of that is that we are, IMO, a year ahead of where I thought we would be as far as becoming a contender goes. I thought this team would compete and had the talent to go for a playoff spot this year if they cleaned up some of their holes from the last season or 2. But to make the jump they’ve made this year, to even be close to the discussion of where they are now, is impressive.

Barring anything unforeseen, this group will see playoff hockey this year. And that alone will be another large step for the development.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The beauty of that is that we are, IMO, a year ahead of where I thought we would be as far as becoming a contender goes. I thought this team would compete and had the talent to go for a playoff spot this year if they cleaned up some of their holes from the last season or 2. But to make the jump they’ve made this year, to even be close to the discussion of where they are now, is impressive.

Barring anything unforeseen, this group will see playoff hockey this year. And that alone will be another large step for the development.

Oh for sure. Going into this season I expected them to be in a close fight for that WC#2 spot for most of the season and squeaking into the playoffs. Which would've been an acceptable improvement coming out of the Quinn-era. But to be in a strong playoff position at the mid-season mark, and potentially looking like a team capable of winning a playoff series (if it's a favorable matchup), is a much bigger step forward than expected, so can't really be disappointed with that at all. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's almost like someone else pointed out they are an average team with super human goaltending and a great powerplay...

And that someone thinks that if he posts it every day, even on days after they beat or lose to top teams in the league it makes the Rangers somehow into an average one, which as we all know is incorrect. 
.683 winning %

2nd in metro

Most road wins in the NHL

2nd most regulation wins in the NHL

9th pp %

6th pk %

Last night showed we still have a way to go before we can be in that elite cup contending team. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

And that someone thinks that if he posts it every day, even on days after they beat or lose to top teams in the league it makes the Rangers somehow into an average one, which as we all know is incorrect. 
.683 winning %

2nd in metro

Most road wins in the NHL

2nd most regulation wins in the NHL

9th pp %

6th pk %

Last night showed we still have a way to go before we can be in that elite cup contending team. 

I didn't post anything. I replied to a tweet that showed without superhuman goaltending they'd be the Islanders...who are average. 

But keep clinging to the record and the standings...even though every other stat is against you.

Edited by Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't post anything. I replied to a tweet that showed without superhuman goaltending they'd be the Islanders...who are average. 

But keep clinging to the record and the standings...even though every other stat is against you.

Lol every stat. Ok guy. I’ll cling to the important stats. But every day, make you sure keep telling all of us “ hey, if you take away our goalie and 5 best players, we are pretty average.”   It’s super weird but whatever. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Lol every stat. Ok guy. I’ll cling to the important stats. But every day, make you sure keep telling all of us “ hey, if you take away our goalie and 5 best players, we are pretty average.”   It’s super weird but whatever. 

Just because the record is important to you doesn't make it important. They beat Philly and then Toronto, and if you think those wins feel the same then good for you. Barely eeking out wins against bad teams just isn't the same as spanking a good one.

As far as your last sentence, if you think that's the point, I can see why this is all over your head. 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nah I'm going out tonight so when then win, Keith can tout the record and forget the ass whooping they got last night. 

There is zero reason to mention my name in a message to anyone else. You're aggressive enough without having to be passive aggressive. 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just because the record is important to you doesn't make it important. They beat Philly and then Toronto, and if you think those wins feel the same then good for you. Barely eeking out wins against bad teams just isn't the same as spanking a good one.

As far as your last sentence, if you think that's the point, I can see why this is all over your head. 

Once again incorrect. I've never said beating Philly or even Toronto is the same as the Hurricanes. Toronto isn't a bad team though but it is Toronto with a hell of a lot of pressure on them every year so they carry a weight. By all means show me where I lm saying they are the same team as Carolina though. You can only play the games on your schedule. We aren't on the same level as Carolina. That does not make us average. You keep constantly saying it and it's still never true. The Rangers are a good team. They win the ones they should and battle against the teams better than us. Let me see if I can try to just explain this one more time. 

Average teams perform in an average manner. Every single team in this league sans 5 or 6 have 5 or 6 very very good players. Some superstars. That, doesn't automatically get them to a near. 700 winning %. We are with our strengths. 

With your idea, there are basically like 5 teams in the entire league that are good. Nonsense. You seem to have a very hard time understanding there are bad team, there are average teams, there are good teams, and then there are the cup contending elite teams. Losing to Carolina doesnt make us average. It just proves that we aren't on their level. We depend too much on our best players. Good but just not great or elite. 

24 minutes ago, Keirik said:

There is zero reason to mention my name in a message to anyone else. You're aggressive enough without having to be passive aggressive. 

Please stop acting like you're any different or any better, you came at me like you do in every thread when my point gets reinforced by the numbers.

If you don't like it, again the ignore button is fabulous. In fact, I'm going to put to good use now.

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

It's almost like someone else pointed out they are an average team with super human goaltending and a great powerplay...

Do you consider special teams a detriment? Top 10 in PP and PK is nothing to sneeze at. The improvement of the power play since AV left is a massive positive, even improving through Quinn's tenure, and yes the goaltender is the best PKer but more guys are digging for pucks and blocking shots than past teams. Fourth line played well the past two games, Goodrow and Reaves throwing hits or scoring got the Rangers on a brief comeback. Average teams, even the post 2014 Rangers contending teams, don't get that push that can be the difference between winning and losing.  Our young guys are not performing  (which the forum has also belabored over in other threads) is the biggest problem. Kakko and Laf were always going to be trusted to figure it out, that the team has been so successful early only makes the spotlight harsher. Most of the team is doing what they're  supposed to over half the season, that's above average to me.

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Please stop acting like you're any different or any better, you came at me like you do in every thread when my point gets reinforced by the numbers.

If you don't like it, again the ignore button is fabulous. In fact, I'm going to put to good use now.

Awww but I thought we were going out for beers tonight? 😞

BTW I think we are both above average 

22 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

Do you consider special teams a detriment? Top 10 in PP and PK is nothing to sneeze at. The improvement of the power play since AV left is a massive positive, even improving through Quinn's tenure, and yes the goaltender is the best PKer but more guys are digging for pucks and blocking shots than past teams. Fourth line played well the past two games, Goodrow and Reaves throwing hits or scoring got the Rangers on a brief comeback. Average teams, even the post 2014 Rangers contending teams, don't get that push that can be the difference between winning and losing.  Our young guys are not performing  (which the forum has also belabored over in other threads) is the biggest problem. Kakko and Laf were always going to be trusted to figure it out, that the team has been so successful early only makes the spotlight harsher. Most of the team is doing what they're  supposed to over half the season, that's above average to me.

Why do you ask me what I consider? The numbers are what they are.

12th in goal differential

19th in 5v5 GF despite playing more games than most

20th in 5v5 time in OZ

26th in shot differential per game, they are regularly out shot by about 4 a game

Take a deeper look than the record. Those are all average ranks, middle or lower part of the league. 

Take a look at the tweets I've been quoting. If the Rangers get average goaltending, they become the Islanders.

So why am I wrong and saying that they are an average team that rides stellar goaltending and their power play?