• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko Out with UBI; Considered "Weak, Too Weak"

Phil

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

This is shady as hell. 

First, he's just playing poorly. Then, he gets benched. Then, he gets mysteriously scratched over a "thing he's been dealing with for a while now". Now, he's "week to week"?

This feels like a coverup for something.

I ain't buyin' this line of shit either, G Man.  Something's cookin', and it ain't "The Rock"! 

22 minutes ago, G1000 said:

This is shady as hell. 

First, he's just playing poorly. Then, he gets benched. Then, he gets mysteriously scratched over a "thing he's been dealing with for a while now". Now, he's "week to week"?

He took a hard hit right in front of the benches in one of the last few games. It look like it jarred him pretty well. Maybe it was the Toronto game? Not that he was playing well prior, but he really fell off after that hit, like no skating.

What's your guess?

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What a fucking pansy!  They mentioned the other night that he just skated the day of the AZ game!

Savage Ozzy! Wasn't that you just a couple nights ago saying you were taking your boy Kakko under your wing!? 🤣

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Savage Ozzy! Wasn't that you just a couple nights ago saying you were taking your boy Kakko under your wing!? 🤣

Yeah!  Then he quits on me?!?!?!?!   LOL

I still love the kid, but he needs to play.  I don't buy this injury thing, and why is he skating on Saturday before the game if he's "injured"....especially if it's a concussion kind of thing.  I think @G1000 is right, something's up....I guess we'll find out soon!

32 minutes ago, G1000 said:

This is shady as hell. 

He also has actual health problems with diabetes and celiac disease. who knows if there is just something lingering that needs to be addressed.

Unless there is some insanely huge return coming back, I have a hard time believe the team would let him go. The ceiling is way too high for him and Laf as well, for them to really be looking to move them.

17 minutes ago, josh said:

He took a hard hit right in front of the benches in one of the last few games. It look like it jarred him pretty well. Maybe it was the Toronto game? Not that he was playing well prior, but he really fell off after that hit, like no skating.

What's your guess?

Might have missed that hit, but the whole line of things is just...weird.

I could definitely see a lot of teams looking to make their 'deadline' moves before the winter/olympic time break. Giving guys time to get acclimated and settled in with a new team and such, so, in a general sense, I could see guys getting sat in anticipation of moves.

With that said, I have a hard time believing they are really looking to move him.  And if they are, designating him as 'week to week' only hurts his value. Much more likely that there's just been some lingering things and they are giving him some extra rest. 

I doubt it's a huge conspiracy probably has a bruise and more importantly they too realize he stinks and there's nothing to lose by having him sit in the pressbox and learn from above. Rolling him out there and expecting different results hasn't worked over a long period of time so they decided it was time to try something different. The bruise will heal and he'll be back doing the same lack of production shit in a week or two.  Technically I'm sure he has an injury.

I don't see them moving him primarily because he's cheap now and most likely for the next few years. The expectations and his role will diminish as the years roll on.

Edited by jsrangers