• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko Out with UBI; Considered "Weak, Too Weak"

Phil

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

If you mean physical appearance, okay but Laf has shown a proclivity while playing with an edge and I wouldn't call his play soft.

But I do agree, I dont want that line together either.

Laf- Chytil- Goodrow 

Motte- Brod- Kakko

That would be my bottom 6.

He tries, I'll give him that.

He finishes hits and goes to the dirty areas sometimes, but there's not a single NHL player that would "fear" him in any way. And the biggest problem is the skating. Both him and Kakko are so damn slow and not strong and physical enough to make up for it (although Kakko looked stronger and a bit faster before the injury).

I don't know, I just don't see them as a match at all and I struggle to see how they'll produce anything together. Maybe with Copp as their center.

With Goodrow instead of Chytil it would atleast be decent line defensively.

29 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

If you mean physical appearance, okay but Laf has shown a proclivity while playing with an edge and I wouldn't call his play soft.

But I do agree, I dont want that line together either.

Laf- Chytil- Goodrow 

Motte- Brod- Kakko

That would be my bottom 6.

I agree ,Laf physical play has picked up,He isn't a soft player 

I'm curious to see what Kakko has in the tank when he comes back.  But I don't really think Chytil is a playoff player, unless injury occurs.  Chytil can't win a faceoff, or a 50/50 puck battle even in the regular season.  I can't see him doing anything but being a detriment in the playoffs at 5v5, especially against a hardened playoff team like the Pens.

Goodrow centering for Laf and Kakko on the 3rd line may be an interesting look....I'd like to see that in the last 10 games at some point.

• Keeps it 100 1

23 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Ya'll are acting line line numbers will mean anything in the playoffs.  Motte-Rooney/Brod-Goodrow is going to play 15+ minutes at 5v5 in the playoffs.  Laf-Chytil-Kakko will se 10ish minutes at 5v5, a little PP2 time, and get mostly OZ starts.

Chytil is the 3C now and gets 13 mins of ES time and we all know they get almost no PP time.

Rooney as a 4th C has averaged around 11.

Not sure where this prediction is coming from.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chytil is the 3C now and gets 13 mins of ES time and we all know they get almost no PP time.

I think it’s from the assumption that Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko isn’t going to get much ice time… under Gallant… in the playoffs (which is why I said they shouldn’t be together…), so it assumes the 4th line will get additional “tough” minutes over the kids.

2 minutes ago, josh said:

I think it’s from the assumption that Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko isn’t going to get much ice time… under Gallant… in the playoffs (which is why I said they shouldn’t be together…), so it assumes the 4th line will get additional “tough” minutes over the kids.

I don't want the 4th line playing 15 minutes though...

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

For all the same reasons Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman's TOI went up 2-3+ minutes from the regular season to the playoffs in Tampa.

With PK time Motte-Rooney-Goodrow are gonna be getting 16-18 minutes a night in the playoffs.  

9 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

For all the same reasons Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman's TOI went up 2-3+ minutes from the regular season to the playoffs in Tampa.

With PK time Motte-Rooney-Goodrow are gonna be getting 16-18 minutes a night in the playoffs.  

Eh, not sure I really agree there.

20 hours ago, Long live the King said:

20 hours ago, Pete said:

Eh, not sure I really agree there.

That remains to be seen. Playoff hockey has a tendency to be very matchup heavy, even if you’re trying to roll 4 lines. Coaches will put guys out there based heavily on what’s working and what’s not, and aren’t shy about piling on the ice-time to their top players if they don’t like the matchups later on.