• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#44) Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets — Lundqvist Night Eve

Morphinity 2.0

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

12th loss in 44 games. Last year our 12th loss was in game 19. Pack this one away and move on. Thank god we play tomorrow so it can’t fester. 

Starting to get said too often.  That's the 3rd or 4th time this month. 

Just now, josh said:

Starting to get said too often.  That's the 3rd or 4th time this month. 

I hear ya and I agree, but the season is a marathon and not a sprint. Teams are going to battle through a few tough peaks and valleys through the year. 

21 minutes ago, Karan said:

Didn't take this opponent and the game seriously. Rangers figured CBJ would just roll over and die after that 6-0 drubbing last night and they decided they'd rather hand the 2 pts to the opponent tonight, plain and simple. Show up and be fucking ready to play otherwise this is what's gonna happen. 

yes sir, well deserved loss. 

Turn the page. 

6 minutes ago, josh said:

There was no battle. Again. 

They got walked by one of the worst teams in the league. Not like they lost to a good team

They did not get walked . They lost. They didn’t play a 60 minute game. It was 2-2 after 1. We have seen this team do this. They take their foot off the gas sometimes and when you play a sieve in goal as you take your foot off, bad things happen. They need to correct it. They outshot the, 20-3 in the third. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

12th loss in 44 games. Last year our 12th loss was in game 19. Pack this one away and move on. Thank god we play tomorrow so it can’t fester. 

No matter how they pack this one away, it'll stink for awhile.

Loosing is one thing, loosing this ugly is entirely another. No wonder most people call them pretenders....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

No matter how they pack this one away, it'll stink for awhile.

Loosing is one thing, loosing this ugly is entirely another. No wonder most people call them pretenders....

Oh I agree, and I hope for damn well they remember this. I hope it sticks in their craw for weeks and every bad shift they give reminds them how not to turn it into a stretch of 5 minutes, or a period, or a game. 

9 hours ago, Karan said:

Didn't take this opponent and the game seriously. Rangers figured CBJ would just roll over and die after that 6-0 drubbing last night and they decided they'd rather hand the 2 pts to the opponent tonight, plain and simple. Show up and be fucking ready to play otherwise this is what's gonna happen. 

Bingo. 

And for all y'all blaming Geo...I'm not here to say he was good, but there was nobody on the team who was good last night.

His play was A reason they lost ... Not THE REASON.

I’m not sure GG has the blow your fucking top eruption post game reaction in his coaching bag of tricks.. if he does, last night would have been a good time to use it. 

Sleepwalk losses happen, but as Josh correctly noted, this is about the 4th time they have played a game in a coma over the past month. This is becoming a regular occurrence.

• Phil unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Bingo. 

And for all y'all blaming Geo...I'm not here to say he was good, but there was nobody on the team who was good last night.

His play was A reason they lost ... Not THE REASON.

Was gonna say geo is trash but I dunno how you blame him for last night that was an all around shit suck

• Cheers 1

Not exactly our finest moment last night, gang.  After the fast start, I had visions of a blowout, and I was swiftly reminded that this is still the Rangers, and that shit don't fly! 

Let's all hope Fox's skate problem is resolved and we see him back on the ice tonight!

.......And here are the Top "dirty dozen" nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Pampers, official diaper of Alexandar Over-Giev!

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Maybe Lafreniere will show some chemistry with Barron and it'll get Lafreniere promoted from the 3rd line to the 1st...in Hartford. 

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Seriously. Georgiev is annoying AF. And he clearly whines .

13 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Typical Rangers announcer curse….Sam Rosen: “Ranked 29th on the power play.”  Joe: “They haven’t scored more than 2 goals since that 6-0 shutout.”  

Thanks guys…

I said the same thing!!!

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

I hereby dub this bad goalie henceforth and hereafter forever more ALEXANDER OVERGIEV. 

Golden!!!

13 hours ago, josh said:

I've changed tvs, streams, seats, beers, pants,... what else can I do?!?

13 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Haven’t noticed Lafreniere, I guess they are protecting him so he doesn’t get injured before trading him to Vancouver.

13 hours ago, josh said:

I'll hang my underwear from the fan.

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

Fuckin Swedish Ovechkin over there.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

That Zib goal was an absolute piss missile.

Classic!!!  Love it!!!

12 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I guess they don’t make skate blades in Ohio

This almost won!!!

12 hours ago, josh said:

Lower vagina inflammation 

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Georgiev wouldn't have stopped that anyway.

There were some outright classics in this one!   I had to comment on some of the better ones above!

Our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Sharpshooter Sharpy, who made quite a few of us bust out laughing on the empty-netter post!!

Way to go, bud!!!  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 3

I think it's safe to say that Josh @josh is probably even more superstitious than I am!!!  I thought that was impossible!!  ...but when we're hanging our skivvies from the ceiling fan???  That's priceless!!!!  😃

I swear, that one made me piss my pants!!!   I mean, I have some silly shit I do/don't do in the Ozz-Cave...but holy shit, dude!!  You have the winner's circle, my man!!!  LOL