• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers vs. Seattle Kraken — Presented by Spicy Marinara Sauce

Phil

42 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This game - if anything - should be an indicator that we need to go after yanni gourde with all guns blazing and use our prospect pool to do so. With Schneider’s emergence we have at least three or four high high quality d prospects to leverage for the right deal here and we should do so. 

Welcome aboard.!

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

Another shit-tastic game, but hey the W keeps the record legit.

Lord almighty this team is in trouble if they don't get their regulars back and contributing. 

Yeah inflated record for a variety for reasons, but unless they really ramp up level of play after the break, I expect they'll fall back to Earth and into that wild card dogfight where many expected them to be going into the season. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

This game - if anything - should be an indicator that we need to go after yanni gourde with all guns blazing and use our prospect pool to do so. With Schneider’s emergence we have at least three or four high high quality d prospects to leverage for the right deal here and we should do so. 

If one game is all it takes to win you over, Gourde managed to lose 9 of his 15 faceoffs so he's not helping there. 

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

The Kings just beat the Penguins, Kraken just beat the Penguins yesterday in ot. This is the NHL. You aren't going to roll teams on most nights. Sometimes it won't be pretty. 

I'm not asking them to roll anybody although it would be nice. Playing 60 mins however seems to be too much to ask most nights.  They don't just get outplayed a few mins a game it's chunks, periods, multiple periods etc. 

I would almost rather listen to the away feeds at this point but Maloney pointed out during a break that teams have now figured out that we always play on the outside (really??) and they're starting to take the outside board play away and this is the result (lately). 

I'm glad we won, I'm glad Laugh sank the gimmie, I'm glad for a lot of things but I think it's a huge mistake if we sell out top pieces for a rental to make a run. This team is still in a growing state with big holes that a rental won't help going forward.  There's no run to be had imo.  Not to totally sidetrack the GD thread but, I don't buy just get there and anything can happen.  I  bartended at the shore for 10 years saw a thousand goofy guys with no game show up every weekend thinking they were going home with a 10 that night. It doesn't happen. 

Guess my whole point is the record is great but this team is still learning how to walk fast (some nights it's still a slow walk) there's no run to be had (for now). #TeamPete

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I'm not asking them to roll anybody although it would be nice. Playing 60 mins however seems to be too much to ask most nights.  They don't just get outplayed a few mins a game it's chunks, periods, multiple periods etc. 

I would almost rather listen to the away feeds at this point but Maloney pointed out during a break that teams have now figured out that we always play on the outside (really??) and they're starting to take the outside board play away and this is the result (lately). 

I'm glad we won, I'm glad Laugh sank the gimmie, I'm glad for a lot of things but I think it's a huge mistake if we sell out top pieces for a rental to make a run. This team is still in a growing state with big holes that a rental won't help going forward.  There's no run to be had imo.  Not to totally sidetrack the GD thread but, I don't buy just get there and anything can happen.  I  bartended at the shore for 10 years saw a thousand goofy guys with no game show up every weekend thinking they were going home with a 10 that night. It doesn't happen. 

Guess my whole point is the record is great but this team is still learning how to walk fast (some nights it's still a slow walk) there's no run to be had (for now). #TeamPete

But who is saying this team is a cup winner right now? Gallant said it in his presser last game.

Every team around the league has trouble consistently playing a full 60 minute game. Some more often than others. Obviously we struggle at iit a bit more especially recently. 

I’ve yet to see one person here say we are winning the cup so I feel like your argument is just arguing your own echo for lack of a better term. I’m not sure what team Pete or team whoever is meant to be. Is everyone supposed to be depressed we have a nearly .700 winning % a tad past the midway point of the season ?

Games in the 40+ part of the season are harder than games in the 15 part of the season. That’s why it was so important to build equity early on. Games in the 60+ part are going to be harder too, which is why a win in a shitty effort is important as well. 

This team is building a window. We are 1-2 pieces away from challenging the elite teams in this league right now. We have the chips to obtain that if we want to. We also have a deep talent pool if we choose to instead stay pat and not rush it. 

im just not sure there are two camps here. Ever fan I know or read here knows this team needs work. Do you prefer it to be like last year instead and not be in the mix for the division right now? 

I think there's a couple here that think just get to the dance and anything can happen. I respect their opinion.  I also think bringing in a guy like Giroux for example really doesn't do much of anything in the big picture going forward. Unless somebody is gonna say he's going resign here for pennies compared to what he could get elsewhere.  I guess to that I would say I'll believe it when I see it. IF it were to happen GREAT. Otherwise I'm not dealing for a guy like that - a true rental.  But that's just me. 

I said it before I'm happy they are winning games they would of lost in the past. At the same time I think the record is misleading. I see where GG mentions he see teams play inconsistent all the time, so for him to say today the effort was awful is outside the normal we'll have that (inconsistency). 

Maybe they'll come back inspired after the break, maybe all of the sudden Chytil, Kakko and Laf will all turn into regular contributors.  Maybe the 4th line will impose their will and play a heavy game again. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

• VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I think there's a couple here that think just get to the dance and anything can happen. I respect their opinion.  I also think bringing in a guy like Giroux for example really doesn't do much of anything in the big picture going forward. Unless somebody is gonna say he's going resign here for pennies compared to what he could get elsewhere.  I guess to that I would say I'll believe it when I see it. IF it were to happen GREAT. Otherwise I'm not dealing for a guy like that - a true rental.  But that's just me. 

I said it before I'm happy they are winning games they would of lost in the past. At the same time I think the record is misleading. I see where GG mentions he see teams play inconsistent all the time, so for him to say today the effort was awful is outside the normal we'll have that (inconsistency). 

Maybe they'll come back inspired after the break, maybe all of the sudden Chytil, Kakko and Laf will all turn into regular contributors.  Maybe the 4th line will impose their will and play a heavy game again. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Team Pete probably means understanding the sizzle (the record) is better than the steak (the actual strength of the team).

And there's nothing wrong with enjoying the ride and realizing it's most likely ending early.  

But I’m pretty sure EVERYONE here agrees we aren’t the Hurricanes even though we have the same current points (games in hand understood). Or the Panthers, Avalanche, Lightning, Vegas. I’m pretty sure the only real arguments I’ve seen are you and I over the term “good” and I think we technically aren’t really that far off from each other. I just personally think good is better than average but not as good as the top echelon. 

This team though is ready to take the next step. Cant be afraid of it. I’m excited. Cant win the jackpot if you never play the lotto. I get that there isn’t reason to think we win tomorrow but it’s time for this team to start playing lotto. Need to see who rises up and who crumbles come April. We 100% are a playoff team this year. 

• Cheers 1

So, let's just say that one wasn't exactly "pretty"!  We're one game away from limping to the All-Star break, and we need to get some guys back!!  ..But 2 points go in the bank with that laser from K'!!!

And here are the Top 6 nominees for yesterday's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Squid Brand; best fish sauce this side of....(ugh!  that shit's gotta be awful!!)

8 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Yeah Fatty.... you go.. with that putter. We'll take it.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Just popped in to say ... Another ENG for Laugh. 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Stop 

Collaborate and listen

Let's stop playing til the next intermission 

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Achievement unlocked: Generated a @Pete response later 🙂

7 hours ago, Bugg said:

Shoot the fuckin puck, morons.

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

Another pizza and a blowjob game..  even if the pizza wasn’t great and the blowjob was uninspired, all you remember tomorrow is how great Sunday was.

Aside from Vanilla Keirik's @Keirik rap, there really wasn't a whole lot of inspiration in this one!!  However, our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn, waxing poetic about pizza and blow jobs! 

True fine sir!!  In that regard, the only thing to remember about this "Sunday game" is K Andre's "piss missile" to win it!!!

missile GIF

• LMFAO 2

• Phil unpinned this topic
17 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

There's something that you count on, like being consistently inconsistent. Luckily, they went against the clock and won today.

For Sam and Joe, the side conversation is more important than the game. They are really getting bad at it, when they don't even know who's going into the sin-box. Watch the fricken game oldtimers...

Sam Rosen reads the game notes the media gets at the top of the broadcast every time, pretty much ignoring the first 5 minutes each night. And then Joe Micheletti touts whom ever it is he claims to have spoken to earlier that day, rehashing the same thing. Along with asides from the notes like Jordan Eberle hasn't crapped his pants since November. Again, they don't really watch the game. No idea if that's their plan, or what MSG producer is telling them. Neither knows who got a penalty or why. When Fox got hurt, MSG didn't tell us anything. I understand, they aren't getting anything from the club, but took forever to find the video of the hit. Sam's habit of, "Oh, that went in" is embarrassing. 

More annoying; mid-3rd period, MSG during a TV timeout brings in Valiquette and Giannone with a packaged video about something that happened way earlier in the game that has nothing to do with the game situation with 10 minutes left. It's forced, and it doesn't really set up what we are watching right then. 

Watch some other games on Hulu/ESPN, and while not scientific, MSG does a  really bad job comparatively presenting things, even when you account for the homers you typically see elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I watched the Isles/Wild game last night, and Butch Goring is hilarious!!!!...Holy fuck!  He complains about penalties and bad calls like a mad man.  I thought that's what we were for!!  LOL

He calls the goalie and other opposing players "that guy"...as in, "the Isles should get some more shots on that guy, because he gives up a lot of rebounds!"

He's totally worth the price of admission though!!  I never laughed so much at a broadcaster since Chadwick, when he used to get gassed in the booth with Jim Gordon!

• LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I watched the Isles/Wild game last night, and Butch Goring is hilarious!!!!...Holy fuck!  He complains about penalties and bad calls like a mad man.  I thought that's what we were for!!  LOL

He calls the goalie and other opposing players "that guy"...as in, "the Isles should get some more shots on that guy, because he gives up a lot of rebounds!"

He's totally worth the price of admission though!!  I never laughed so much at a broadcaster since Chadwick, when he used to get gassed in the booth with Jim Gordon!

Avs have a between periods lounge lizard named Mark Rycroft. Looks like the kind of guy who shows up a half hour before the bar closes to check out which silly girl might be drunk enough to take a ride with him in exchange for recreational pharma.

Know Duguay had some conflict with the producers, but he was much more fun that than the current lineup.  

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is honestly the worst I’ve ever heard. I get being an alumni and wearing your colors occasionally. But he is so far gone and probably the least professional announcer I’ve ever heard. And the kicker is he actually thinks he’s good at what he does. The Islander fans I know think he’s laughably bad too.

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Goring is awful. Just a troll.

16 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He is honestly the worst I’ve ever heard. I get being an alumni and wearing your colors occasionally. But he is so far gone and probably the least professional announcer I’ve ever heard. And the kicker is he actually thinks he’s good at what he does. The Islander fans I know think he’s laughably bad too.

He's comically bad, I agree.  That's what makes it entertaining to me!!  I adore watching the Isles lose, but to watch them lose and have Bitch, err...I mean Butch, complain all game??  Oh my!!!  ...it's music to my ears!!!  Now to see the Isles in a nose-dive season??  It's amazing!!

If you listen to him with the intent that you know he's just god-awful, it's very entertaining!!!  It's like "Cringe-TV"

Edited by Ozzy
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I love when we play the Isles and win then watching the game replayed with the isles feed. It’s hilarious and really brings joy to my life. 

Oh shit, I never did that!!  I gotta try that!!  Good Call Big K!!!  LOL

• LMFAO 1