• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#46) Rangers vs. Seattle Kraken — Presented by Spicy Marinara Sauce

Phil

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I love when we play the Isles and win then watching the game replayed with the isles feed. It’s hilarious and really brings joy to my life. 

I used to do it with the Devils when Chico was there. He sounded like he was gonna cry when we knocked New Jersey out in 2008.

Butch is worse. Chico was a homer, but the worst part was his blind love for Brodeur; not that he wasn’t good, he obviously was. But someone could have floated a wrist shot on him from 60 feet out and he’d be talking about the acrobats it took to make a save like that and how “Marty Brodurrrr” was the only man alive capable of such heroics.

Butch is like that, except with the whole Islander team. He acts as if 2 years of deep playoff runs (one in a fucking bubble 5 months after the season paused) eliminates the fact that since 1993, the Islanders have been the biggest joke in this league and gives him free reign to talk shit to other teams fans. His rant on Twitter was so cringe.

Lucky to escape with a W... Yucky performance all around, save for IGOR; kept the boys in it. Falling into their past routines. Little physicality, too much passing, not enough shooting. Wasted opportunities galore. A last second goal and a lucky 2 points. Gallant said it all in his TV appearance. Always a Yaysayer!!!

Edited by LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN

my bad, on the timing, just saw it was sent yesterday. Thought it was more of the same and but yeah I do find it very strange especially if he does it all the time. It's a shit move imo. But no need to rehash it now. Would delete if possible.

Edited by jsrangers

7 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sam Rosen reads the game notes the media gets at the top of the broadcast every time, pretty much ignoring the first 5 minutes each night. And then Joe Micheletti touts whom ever it is he claims to have spoken to earlier that day, rehashing the same thing. Along with asides from the notes like Jordan Eberle hasn't crapped his pants since November. Again, they don't really watch the game. No idea if that's their plan, or what MSG producer is telling them. Neither knows who got a penalty or why. When Fox got hurt, MSG didn't tell us anything. I understand, they aren't getting anything from the club, but took forever to find the video of the hit. Sam's habit of, "Oh, that went in" is embarrassing. 

More annoying; mid-3rd period, MSG during a TV timeout brings in Valiquette and Giannone with a packaged video about something that happened way earlier in the game that has nothing to do with the game situation with 10 minutes left. It's forced, and it doesn't really set up what we are watching right then. 

Watch some other games on Hulu/ESPN, and while not scientific, MSG does a  really bad job comparatively presenting things, even when you account for the homers you typically see elsewhere. 

I've been watching ESPN+, mainly for the playoff bound teams and I agree, MSG is probably the worst when it comes to presenting things. Most of the team's presentations are much closer to play-by-play and they usually give out information after the play stopped. The other presentation also include the shots-on-goal around the score, time remaining from the period, etc. Sam and Joe just give it to you whenever they feel like to...

BTW...

Watching other playoff bound teams playing drives home a point. The Rangers do not have much chances beyond the first round, one and done is in the cards. Shesty may win them a game or two, but only so far he can take them when it comes to the playoff. There's still time for the Rangers to get better, even with couple games set back in a row, but the hill to clime is getting much, much steeper than it had been during the first half of the season...

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

I've been watching ESPN+, mainly for the playoff bound teams and I agree, MSG is probably the worst when it comes to presenting things. Most of the team's presentations are much closer to play-by-play and they usually give out information after the play stopped. The other presentation also include the shots-on-goal around the score, time remaining from the period, etc. Sam and Joe just give it to you whenever they feel like to...

BTW...

Watching other playoff bound teams playing drives home a point. The Rangers do not have much chances beyond the first round, one and done is in the cards. Shesty may win them a game or two, but only so far he can take them when it comes to the playoff. There's still time for the Rangers to get better, even with couple games set back in a row, but the hill to clime is getting much, much steeper than it had been during the first half of the season...

The game vs. the Canes really drove the point home; clog the neutral zone and sell out to stop the top offensive players, and dare the 2nd, 3rd and 4th liners do something. Igor could still steal some games and may be even a series. But cannot have playoff games where outside of 10, 20 and 93 it's open skate at MSG. Turk knows this better than any of us. 

• VINNY! 1