• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lundkvist 'Blue Chip Most Likely to Be Played' at Deadline?

Phil

2 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

The worst (and most likely) to happen is we're sitting in july at draft day and we're now short a 1st and a 2nd and we have 1 pick in the top 60. We've also lost 3 of our best prospects that's outside of the NHL right now, just to lose in 7 games instead of 5 in the 1st round.

We're basically using all our chips on this one run (in this scenario you laid out). We've only got Othman, Cuylle and Jones left of players that could help this team on an ELC contract and we've also got rid of our best trade assets for when this team is in the best possible situation to win (which is a year or two down the road, with more experience).

I'm all for "going for it", but why the overkill? A 1st and Kravtsov for a good rental (RW or C) and a 3rd rounder for a depth D should be enough.

exactly my point of view

Just now, CCCP said:

hopefully so but there's talk of adding more than one player

Sure, but that one player may not be a rental. Guys like Chychrun and Lehkonen aren't rentals, nor is JT Miller.

If we off Robertson for a rental, and we send Lundkvist off for a two year add - I don't think we're upset.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Sure, but that one player may not be a rental. Guys like Chychrun and Lehkonen aren't rentals, nor is JT Miller.

If we off Robertson for a rental, and we send Lundkvist off for a two year add - I don't think we're upset.

i wont be.  Robertson is not a blue chipper

6 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Let someone else overpay for Toffoli and Chiarot. I couldn't care less for either.

Gorton isnt selling anyone cheap to the Rangers, so you can include Lehkonen. They'll have to pay out the ass.

9 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Let someone else overpay for Toffoli and Chiarot. I couldn't care less for either.

Oh, I would actively want Chiarot, the player. I just don't want to give up a fucking first-round pick for him, which is reportedly what the Habs are demanding.

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

or.....Gorton wants his picks and will give anything to acquire them

well, after he left Boston, the Rangers and NYR didnt trade for over 10 years, until finally sending Nash over.

Of the players the Bruins drafted during his tenure in Boston, I dont see a single one that went to play within the Rangers organization after Gorton came.

1 minute ago, josh said:

well, after he left Boston, the Rangers and NYR didnt trade for over 10 years, until finally sending Nash over.

Of the players the Bruins drafted during his tenure in Boston, I dont see a single one that went to play within the Rangers organization after Gorton came.

you're upsetting me

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Any trade depends on the price but Toffoli is a huge improvement over Dryden Hunt in the top 6 and Chiarot with Trouba solidifies that pairing and let's Miller move to the 3rd pair.

They need to worry about a 3/4C before they worry about more wingers coming with cap hits.

faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs

and leftys.

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

You have to give him time. And yes, I think he’s a high-end prospect. 

I hate to keep bringing him up for comparison, but why do we have to give him time but Hajek was labeled garbage last year at age 22 and now at 23?  

I feel like we all latch on to prospects until the next one comes along.

I expected a lot more from Lundkvist and honestly thought he'd gain confidence in the A and maybe be brought back quickly. He's done nothing, or atleast nothing more than Hajek, but everyone shits on Hajek, and some treat Lundkvist like he's Fox. 

Let's say he puts it together. Where does he fit?  If one D man prospect has to go, it's this one. 

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Goodrow wasn't forced to play RW in the top 6 he could be the 3rd line center.

Goodrow should be a bottom 6 wing. You need that versatility in the playoffs.

Your bottom 6 being Lafreniere - Goodrow - Toffoli, Lehkonen - Rooney - Reaves.

If a C goes town, you're fucked. Lafreniere - C - Goodrow, then you can shift Goodrow to C. You can't shift Lehkonen or Toffoli to C.

This asking for a 3C has been going on since last summer. Hasnt changed. Big, physical body, leadership, sound defensively, wins faceoffs, kills penalties. This is to complement what they have, not removing Goodrow from his  role and having him do this regularly. You need to keep with the teams strengths, and add.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I hate to keep bringing him up for comparison, but why do we have to give him time but Hajek was labeled garbage last year at age 22 and now at 23?  

I expected a lot more from Lundkvist and honestly thought he'd gain confidence in the A and maybe be brought back quickly. He's done nothing, or atleast nothing more than Hajek, but everyone shits on Hajek, and some treat Lundkvist like he's Fox. 

Let's say he puts it together. Where does he fit?  If one D man prospect has to go, it's this one. 

I remember my first prospect!

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

i htink Hajek has been given lots of looks in the last couple of years.  He doesnt have offense, he's not physical, he's not lights out defensively.  he's just meh.  Lundkvist is an blue chip offensive defenseman that doesnt have a spot on this team.  not sure why you're so stuck on Hajek, he's vanilla