• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lundkvist 'Blue Chip Most Likely to Be Played' at Deadline?

Phil

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

By all means they should try but even adding 1 or 2 pieces isnt enough for this season IMO. 
also, i dont like the idea of trading high end prospects like Lindkvist for over the hill rentals. Packaging him up with others for a legit player that can play for years to come, that’s what i’d expect.  

Adding 1-2 pieces isn't enough? How much better will they be down the road without adding the types of players being mentioned around here?  

Nows their chance. After this season, that cap space, that chemistry they have going, and a semi wide open league with no clear favorite will not be options. 

Next year they will have money to sign Strome and later down the road, the inexperienced and somewhat underwhelming 1 and 2 OA will eat up the cap. I am not going to rely on Kakko and Lafreniere to magically pit it together and be cornerstone players on good 2nd contracts.. The amount of possible improvement by using players from within is seriously outweighed by the names being discussed.  

Gallant has a shirt shelf life as a coach too. Gotta try now. It's going too good not to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Adding 1-2 pieces isn't enough? How much better will they be down the road without adding the types of players being mentioned around here?  

Nows their chance. After this season, that cap space, that chemistry they have going, and a semi wide open league with no clear favorite will not be options. 

Next year they will have money to sign Strome and later down the road, the inexperienced and somewhat underwhelming 1 and 2 OA will eat up the cap. I am not going to rely on Kakko and Lafreniere to magically pit it together and be cornerstone players on good 2nd contracts.. The amount of possible improvement by using players from within is seriously outweighed by the names being discussed.  

Gallant has a shirt shelf life as a coach too. Gotta try now. It's going too good not to. 

If the org thinks they can provide secondary scoring, you make trades for this year.

If they think they are still a year or 2 away, you dont make a big move this season.

But in neither scenario are either expected to be a cornerstone with the current big names that are here.

34 minutes ago, josh said:

Cool, now do it with a card from Nemeth that's not from 9 months ago,and a card of what Chariot did in the playoffs last year.

You're also looking at what Chariot did as a top pairing D, not a third pair we'd be playing him as.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Cool, now do it with a card from Nemeth that's not from 9 months ago,and a card of what Chariot did in the playoffs last year.

You're also looking at what Chariot did as a top pairing D, not a third pair we'd be playing him as.

He's always sucked unless Weber and Price were on fire.

11 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The more and more I think about it, the biggest problem for the Rangers is the lack of progress of Chytil.

They can survive waiting on Kakko & Lafraniere a little longer if Chytil were to step up and take the 3rd line center role like everyone hoped.

They lack of any sort of... anything under Gallant has been a disappointment.

I soured on him at the end of last season, but I think most wanted to see what he would do under Gallant. And he hasn't.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, josh said:

They lack of any sort of... anything under Gallant has been a disappointment.

I soured on him at the end of last season, but I think most wanted to see what he would do under Gallant. And he hasn't.

I've never been a Chytil fan, but this season he's been even more disappointing than in the past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leetchy2 said:

How about Chytil, Lundqvist, & Krav to Buffalo for Tage Thompson. We get an instant upgrade at center who can set up Alf and we also don't trade away our prospects for rentals. Buffalo gets depth and defensive help.

Chytil for Thompson, straight, maybe. I'm not giving them anything else. Certainly not two first round equivalents.

5 hours ago, CCCP said:

i htink Hajek has been given lots of looks in the last couple of years.  He doesnt have offense, he's not physical, he's not lights out defensively.  he's just meh.  Lundkvist is an blue chip offensive defenseman that doesnt have a spot on this team.  not sure why you're so stuck on Hajek, he's vanilla

I don't think he's been given many looks at allspacer.png

Last year Quinn had some strange remarks about Hajek.  Something along the lines of "We see Libor as something else, compared to what Libor thinks his game should be"

To me that's Quinn trying to change a players game and the player disagreeing with their outlook of what he can do.  

While it's early for Lundkvist, he's shown very very little "it" factor that guys like Schneider and Jones have so far. Not a glimpse of being any sort of next level.  I've seen none of the attributes that were supposed to be his thing. Maybe his shot, but it wasn't anything special. 

He has been leapfroged by the players that IMO deserved his spot straight out of camp, and it's looking like the door for him here is closing.  

If he's the deciding factor in a deal for a rental, I don't blink an eye.

Schneider has been absolutely spectacular. That spot is his and if he loses it, I don't see Lundkvist playing good enough in the AHL to warrant getting that spot back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leetchy2 said:

How about Chytil, Lundqvist, & Krav to Buffalo for Tage Thompson. We get an instant upgrade at center who can set up Alf and we also don't trade away our prospects for rentals. Buffalo gets depth and defensive help.

I don’t know know if he’s an upgrade on Chytil. He’s hot right now, but never been a consistent producer, and not really the defensive, pker they need 

5 hours ago, josh said:

If the org thinks they can provide secondary scoring, you make trades for this year.

If they think they are still a year or 2 away, you dont make a big move this season.

But in neither scenario are either expected to be a cornerstone with the current big names that are here.

Down road they are.

If they're not.... Trade them fucks too, because anything else is a waste of time. 

I see it the opposite.  If the organization thinks they can provide secondary scoring, then you don't have to make a move. Obviously they aren't providing secondary scoring,  hence why people are suggesting the names being brought up. 

If they think they are a year or two away, they're delusional and the players will become busts by then.

See what they can do and learn in a supporting role with better players. How they perform in such a situation should dictate what their future looks like. 3 years is too long to be waiting for any top picks like this to "get it". They should be closer to getting it by now.