• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brad Marchand Suspended 6 Games for Roughing/High-Sticking Tristan Jarry

Scott

This was at the end of the second, dick move but I guess harmless. Jarry was going to throw the puck over the glass to a  fan.
This was with under a min left or so left and Jarry makes the save and it kind of looks like he may of asked Marchand how's my dick taste while showing him the puck in his glove 😂 and Marchand goes full asshole.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:
This was at the end of the second, dick move but I guess harmless. Jarry was going to throw the puck over the glass to a  fan.
This was with under a min left or so left and Jarry makes the save and it kind of looks like he may of asked Marchand how's my dick taste while showing him the puck in his glove 😂 and Marchand goes full asshole.

What would you expect from the guy that licked Callahan in the 2018 Playoffs?

He straight up punched Jarry in the head for no reason. I’m sorry, but with the way the league is trending with these type of incidents, that should be a decently lengthy suspension. Maybe 10 games? You can’t just go around punching goalies in the head because you’re butthurt over a loss. It’s shit like this that drives me nuts about him with Bruin fans. They whine that Marchand doesn’t get the respect he deserves because of his reputation. But then he does stupid shit like this.

Edited by RichieNextel305

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Marchand gonna be suspended for a bit after this game

He should get 10 games, no question. Enough is enough with him. They have to do something to get him under control. And if you’re him, honestly, read your room. Tuukka is retiring, Bergeron just took another knock to the head earlier in the game. You think that team can afford to now lose you for multiple games for acting like a child? Just a stupid move by a stupid player. 

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

zero chance Marchand gets 10 games. Fine at best I’d say. 

I’m not so sure. He was given a match penalty, which comes with an automatic review by the league. And given his history and the fact he essentially targeted the head of an opponent, he could see a decent suspension. Maybe 10 is excessive, but I wouldn’t be shocked with a 3 or 4 game suspension for him here. Even Cassidy agreed after the game, calling out for Marchand for a lack of discipline.

• Thanks 1

What a dick. I have a lot of respect for Marchand because of those second period antics. They’re harmless and add something else to the game that otherwise wouldn’t be there, he does it all the time, and he’s a great player to boot. Sometimes he goes over the line. But sucker punching a goalie in the face? Come on that’s absolutely fucked. Hope he sits for a long time

Pretty sure while watching the Bruins bruins broadcast they mentioned he already had been suspended 3 games. The combination of the punch (yeah Dunny probably roughing in the old days) and then the stick up into the mask I would agree would cost him ~3 games here. Even the ultimate homer Edwards was talking about how the lineup was now in question thanks to that and Bergeron going down 5+ minutes earlier after being pulled off the ice by the concussion spotter after going down into the board. 

I'm take it's going to be more than a fine for a 500 Alex.

• Phil changed the title to Brad Marchand Suspended 6 Games for Roughing/High-Sticking Tristan Jarry

I didn’t think it should get anything. Being a repeat offender, I understand a game or two.

i showed my wife, she said “kick him out of the league. You always say don’t touch the goalie. Or leave him out there and kick his ass.”

20 hours ago, Keirik said:

zero chance Marchand gets 10 games. Fine at best I’d say. 

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Obligatory $5,000 fine incoming....that's my call.  😉

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup. "Maximum allowable" fine incoming.

12 hours ago, Dunny said:

Jesus christ, it's a 2 minute roughing penalty.

Animated GIF

League finally did something with this idiot. Good 😀

• LMFAO 3
  • Cheers 2