• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brad Marchand Suspended 6 Games for Roughing/High-Sticking Tristan Jarry

Scott

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

I watched my 8 year old daughter drill my 5 year old son harder when jostling for toothbrush position in the bathroom this evening.

Tom Wilson brings a chainsaw on the ice and cuts a guy’s arm off

Dunny: “that’s maybe a 5 minute major. Pushing it though”

And I say this with all due respect LOL

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 1

What Avery did to Kovalchuk across just 4 games was absolute brilliance. By the end of Game 2, Kovalchuk cared more about wanting to put Avery into a coma than he did about wanting to score goals. I’ve never seen one player take such an elite level talent out of a series quite like that.

But yeah, I agree with Pete. Avery catches a lot of shit from non-Ranger fans that would make you believe he was a dirty player; he wasn’t. It was just that his mouth and his antics made people hate him so much that they couldn’t tell the difference. Marchand, on the other hand, is a dirty player.

• Keeps it 100 3

8 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Marchand is the spent duche of all duche-bags. Is there a bigger dickhead in hockey? (Don Cherry doesn’t count.)

The guy that raped Kyle Beach comes to mind. 

The racist pieces of shit yelling slurs at black players also come to mind. 

Coaches abusing their players because they’re in a position of power also...come to mind. 

Yeah, there are bigger pieces of shit in hockey than a serial cheap shot artist. 

-----------------------

Glad the league caught up to Marchand here. Is 6 games excessive? Perhaps, but it seems to fit the bill for this guy. How many times has he not been suspended? Really happy with this suspension. 

• VINNY! 1

41 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

He's complaining that he was treated more harshly because of his history.  Well, yeah, you moron.

I read that quote and literally couldn’t stop shaking my head.

Brooks put it perfectly in his Slap Shots column today.

So Brad Marchand, the Bruins’ bleating heart, is whining about the six-game suspension he was assessed for punching Tristan Jarry in the side of the head before putting a stick in the mask of the Pittsburgh goaltender on Thursday. He is complaining the sentence is more about his history than this specific incident.

Well, I am complaining that an individual who has now been suspended eight times in his career gets away with six games as punishment. There had been three two-game suspensions, a pair of three-game suspensions and two for five games. And now this.

The NHL’s catch-and-release program clearly has not been a deterrent for the recidivist in Boston, who seems to find glory in his act as the league’s biggest creep. The league has indulged this miscreant for years. Eight times to the hoosegow and the sentence is somehow just six games.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/12/canadiens-martin-st-louis-move-part-of-odd-strategy/

Marchand can pout about how this isolated incident isn’t, on its own legs, worthy of 6 games. But the point is that this imbecile doesn’t get the fact that yes, your rap sheet does add up. Eight fucking suspensions and he still acts like the boy who cried wolf? Come on. Brooks is right; he almost relishes the idea that he’s such a creep.

There’s a fine line between being an agitating pest who can get takes others off their game and being an utter buffoon. And we saw it first hand having Avery here. The difference was Avery was not a dangerous player with his on-ice antics. I said it earlier, but Avery generated this reputation as a dirty player with no basis. He talked and chirped and made fans and players hate him so much that people would think he played dirty. But he wasn’t actually dirty. Were there times he acted out? I’m sure; I’m sure you can find clips of just about every single player who has ever played losing his cool at some point in time and blowing a gasket on the ice. But in Marchands case, it happens too much. He actually is a dirty player who loses his cool too frequently. And it’s a shame, because he has become such a great player. And if there was ever a time that the Bruins need him, it’s now as they deal with Rask retiring, Bergeron taking another hit to the head and the fact they’re starting to slide to begin the second half of the season.

He needs to get his head screwed on right, because from the sounds of it, Suspension 8 sounds like it will have the same effect Suspensions 1-7 had: Zero. 

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

While I think that may be a little extreme because you can’t fault the team so much as the player, I just think its absurd for Marchand to criticize anything here.

Hes made his bed. And now he’s laying in it.

I agree that it is extreme but I also think it would do wonders for contract negotiations for teams knowing they are gambling on a loose cannon. It should keep guys in line to be paid for their playing ability on top of being a professional.