• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins — It's Been 84 Years

Phil

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

This team can win a lot of different ways. We can talk about shot diffs, goal diffs, corsi, etc., but this team can beat you in tight 2-1 games. They can beat you in 6-5 games. That’s a big, big part of what you need. Tremendous win tonight.

Yup, because they can rely on a Vezina-caliber goalie to keep them in these games. Just gotta get a little scoring at the deadline and they're ready to go.

30 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m talking about his rolling his eyes around, dramatically moving his head, etc. if it’s legit so be it but the eyes in the sky will see this.

Vally was saying he’s trying to sell the call by being a bit dramatic.

I don’t think the eyes have anything to do with the hit. It’s not like Igor knows they’re zooming in on him at that point in time on TV, and that would be the only way the spotters could see that. He always does weird shit with his eyes. Goalies are weird. That’s just a quirk he has.

It was an important 2 points. Any team will struggle a bit coming off that type of layoff. It took them to get the rust off, but that will come with time.

Like others have said, it’s impressive they can win games in various ways. We can outscore teams. We can win tight games. We can rely on Igor (alittle too much). We can rely on our special teams. It’s a lot to like. Their 5v5 offense needs help, and I believe that is where Drury will go and get help.

• Like 1

Side note: a friend of mine, who’s a rabid Blackhawks fan, texted me right after Panarin went in the shootout and goes: “Is there a team in the history of the shootout who would be scarier in a shootout than a team that can throw out Zibanejad, Panarin and Kane with Shesterkin in net?”

I still think the Kane thing is fantasy. And obviously shootouts are shootouts. But man, imagine having him skating with Panarin on that 2nd line and pushing Goodrow back to the 3rd line and giving the lineup more balance.

I will say this: goal aside, tonight was one of Chytils better games in alittle while.

• VINNY! 1

27 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Side note: a friend of mine, who’s a rabid Blackhawks fan, texted me right after Panarin went in the shootout and goes: “Is there a team in the history of the shootout who would be scarier in a shootout than a team that can throw out Zibanejad, Panarin and Kane with Shesterkin in net?”

I still think the Kane thing is fantasy. And obviously shootouts are shootouts. But man, imagine having him skating with Panarin on that 2nd line and pushing Goodrow back to the 3rd line and giving the lineup more balance.

I will say this: goal aside, tonight was one of Chytils better games in alittle while.

Agree on Chytil. He was actually noticeable for positive reasons this game. 

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t think the eyes have anything to do with the hit. It’s not like Igor knows they’re zooming in on him at that point in time on TV, and that would be the only way the spotters could see that. He always does weird shit with his eyes. Goalies are weird. That’s just a quirk he has.

Sure he does. I don’t even think it’s the first time with him but who knows. He just has to learn how to focus and put his head down without being demonstrative 

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Jack Edwards, when Igor got pulled, said “that’s what you get for flopping.”

He got ran over. Jack Edwards is a fucking tool.

One of the biggest and most aggravating homer announcers in the league. I'm not sure how you managed to bear the Bruins broadcast for more than 30 seconds with Jack Asswards.

• Keeps it 100 2