• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins — It's Been 84 Years

Phil

WE ARE BACK, BABY!!!   Looks like the regular script for the boys in blue; Start off slow and build to a crescendo!!!  Some great hits and some superior goaltending in this one.

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Barbasol, the shaving cream needed to shave the beard I grew between the last game and this one!! 

13 hours ago, josh said:

They really look like they could use some time off to get their game together. 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

You don't get to play the rust card after a 2 week vacation, wtf is Michelleti talking about. He and Rosen have brain damage from all the hair dye. 

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Ozzy probably has taken more shots tonight than the Rangers 

12 hours ago, Karan said:

Lafraniere doesn't look too bad. I mean, he looks about as threatening as Kakko tonight, so that's some progress I guess.

12 hours ago, josh said:

I haven’t seen this much favoritism since Bombay was banging Charlie’s mom 

11 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Name a worse duo than Laf and One timers.

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Laf and fitness

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

@Ozzy and wine spritzers.

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

They're the genital herpes of hockey.

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’m surprised the eyes in the sky didn’t stop Shesty from taking his 1st star skate around 

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

Trade me right fucking now ! Lol

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Dunkin Donuts Fears Lafreniere!

Oxygen, too. That's why it refuses to enter his lungs after every shift.

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Strome had at least 50 combined feet of misses this game he even missed the net on the shootout lmao

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @josh!  I gotta say, the Laffy exchange was pretty funny though!! 

The Playoff push marches on, fellas!!  2 points in the till, and Detroit on Thursday night!   Queue up the Georgiev quotes!

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not worried about them as the 3rd pair.

They have to do something about right wing if they want to entertain any playoff success.

That, and even though Chytil scored, I don't see him being effective in a playoff game or series, RJ. 

12 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t think the eyes have anything to do with the hit. It’s not like Igor knows they’re zooming in on him at that point in time on TV, and that would be the only way the spotters could see that. He always does weird shit with his eyes. Goalies are weird. That’s just a quirk he has.

No, he doesn’t know. I think that’s the point. Now he does know so he will learn to be a little less animated about it. I’m getting the eyes 100% had something to do with it. Camera zoomed in for quite a while. 

Central League Spotters are certified Athletic Trainers/Therapists with hockey expertise. Central League Spotters will observe Games from the NHL Offices via live game broadcast using multiple feeds. In-Arena League Spotters will be Off-Ice Officials who will be dedicated to observing Games live in the arena. In-Arena League Spotters will view games from the HITS area where space permits

If an Official observes a Player who is lying motionless, has motor incoordination/balance problems, or a blank or vacant look, after a direct or indirect blow to the head, the Official shall report it to the Club Medical Personnel and the Player shall be removed from the playing environment and evaluated. 

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/concussion-protocol.pdf

20 minutes ago, Keirik said:

No, he doesn’t know. I think that’s the point. Now he does know so he will learn to be a little less animated about it. I’m getting the eyes 100% had something to do with it. Camera zoomed in for quite a while. 

No, I see what you’re saying for sure. I just don’t think it’s something goalies can turn on or off. They all have quirks. One of Igors is his eyes doing that thing. For all we know, it’s him trying to fight sweat from getting in his eyes. Maybe the spotters should ask questions like that to the powers that be that would know the answer. “Hey, what’s he doing with his eyes there?” And they can explain that it’s a constant occurrence and not an isolated incident.

Either way, I’m really curious to see what would happen if a situation like this unfolds in a big spot. Can you imagine, for instance, (and not like it mattered because we lost anyway) if in that winner-take-all shootout game back in 2010 if Henrik got run like that and a spotter yanked him right before the shootout, and our hopes rested on the shoulder of an ice cold Alex Auld?

• Thanks 1

Exciting from the 2nd on. IGOR! IGOR! IGOR! sure is coming of age. Tough as nails; the rest of the team as well. This group is resilient and has plenty of moxie! showed mucho physicality. Consistency is key going forward.

Current OT formula is completely dumb as is the shootout. Yeah, good idea for teams to go all out for 60 mins. Then have a 3 on 3 OT. And if that fails to produce a victor go to a shootout. Must be many Naysayers that thought those were great ideas.

Bye ladies AND gents. TG

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No, I see what you’re saying for sure. I just don’t think it’s something goalies can turn on or off. They all have quirks. One of Igors is his eyes doing that thing. For all we know, it’s him trying to fight sweat from getting in his eyes. Maybe the spotters should ask questions like that to the powers that be that would know the answer. “Hey, what’s he doing with his eyes there?” And they can explain that it’s a constant occurrence and not an isolated incident.

Either way, I’m really curious to see what would happen if a situation like this unfolds in a big spot. Can you imagine, for instance, (and not like it mattered because we lost anyway) if in that winner-take-all shootout game back in 2010 if Henrik got run like that and a spotter yanked him right before the shootout, and our hopes rested on the shoulder of an ice cold Alex Auld?

My biggest problem with it is how ridiculously inconsistent it is. So I can punch the living crap out of a guy’s face and it’s just fine lol. But Igor gets brushed and we automatically need to come out. However,  when Marchand punched Jarry and he went flailing down then gets speared in the face, nothing?

They need to change the protocol. They should require the trainer to do a quick check on ice, and if the trainer sees something he doesn’t like,  then full concussion protocol. It’s nuts this way. 

• Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, Keirik said:

My biggest problem with it is how ridiculously inconsistent it is. So I can punch the living crap out of a guy’s face and it’s just fine lol. But Igor gets brushed and we automatically need to come out. However,  when Marchand punched Jarry and he went flailing down then gets speared in the face, nothing?

They need to change the protocol. They should require the trainer to do a quick check on ice, and if the trainer sees something he doesn’t like,  then full concussion protocol. It’s nuts this way. 

I agree. I think that’s fair. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Most goalies seem to have some kind of weird tick. Shesty's been doing that with his eyes ever since I've been seeing him play. I mean he probably does that while he's screwing his girlfriend as well. There had to have been more to it than that, probably just the way he landed, they may have thought the back of his head hit the ice.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

For all you wrestling fans:

Love that hah!

And the guy that tweeted that, is he Jimmy Vesey's younger brother or something? 😂

Which gives me an idea, we should do a thread on what would be the best pro-wrestling entrance theme for each of the current Rangers? What do you say @Phil? 😛

Edited by Karan
  • LMFAO 1