• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Pipeline Drawing Habs' Interest

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers' Pipeline Drawing Habs' Interest
17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The only issue is that the Habs really don’t have much of what we’re looking for. I know Lehkonens name has been thrown around a lot, but meh.

Unless they’d look to deal Josh Anderson? I doubt it.

Makes way too much to be a target.

I'm sort of with you Ozzy. Wouldn't mind Lehkonen, Kulak/Chiarot is whatever. The rest I can happily ignore.

Can't help but wonder if they're thinking a little outside the box here and talking about a guy like Drouin, but even that wouldn't make much sense; he's not a center and while he's played some RW, he's a natural LW.

9 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I'm sort of with you Ozzy. Wouldn't mind Lehkonen, Kulak/Chiarot is whatever. The rest I can happily ignore.

Can't help but wonder if they're thinking a little outside the box here and talking about a guy like Drouin, but even that wouldn't make much sense; he's not a center and while he's played some RW, he's a natural LW.

Thinking at best that they would be used as part of a 3-way deal.  I'm not feeling the whole Montreal vibe for a player over there.  I'd like a 3C that helps us on our 5v5 play first...the rest is gravy to me, G.

4 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Dvorak please. Gorton probably likes our system more than any GM in the league. Krav, Lundqvist, 1st for Dvorak (money retained). 

Dvorak's contract is three more years and he's been god-awful since the pandemic began. At 50% it's palatable, but there's no way Montreal agrees to eat that salary for three more years.

I'm passing on him.

20 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Dvorak's contract is three more years and he's been god-awful since the pandemic began. At 50% it's palatable, but there's no way Montreal agrees to eat that salary for three more years.

I'm passing on him.

He's a good player. He'd be a great 3rd liner. I'd overpay in prospects to fit him on this team and keep his contract low.

38 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Dvorak has nearly a 4.5m cap. Even assuming Chytil goes the other way, it’s a clunky fit. We improve in faceoffs though I guess but it’s not a massive upgrade really 

Over Chytil? I disagree. Chytil doesn't even have a position. It would lock in our center position for the next however many years, and if Habs retain money it allows us to keep Strome. Mika, Strome, Dvorak down the middle is very deep.

I dunno if it's possible, I'm just saying if there's one player on the Habs I'm even remotely interested in, it's him.  

1 hour ago, ThirtyONE said:

Dvorak please. Gorton probably likes our system more than any GM in the league. Krav, Lundqvist, 1st for Dvorak (money retained). 

Holy shit no.  That's a crazy overpay for him.  He's been part of the problem there this year and is also hurt.  

2 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

How is it that the Stanley Cup runner up last year has so few players that people value?

Because all the important players from that run are gone. Weber is on IR for eternity, Price is on leave, Danault to LA, Perry to Tampa, Eric Staal's gone, Cole Caufield and Nick Suzuki have kind of disappeared, Toffoli's been dealt, Kotkaniemi is gone...

It's not even the same team. They lost everything.