• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers' Pipeline Drawing Habs' Interest

Phil

6 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

How is it that the Stanley Cup runner up last year has so few players that people value?

Take away Weber, Price, Danault, Kasperi, and replace it with 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag...

Plus I think that team was playing last season knowing it was a lottery ticket and Weber's last crack at it...Maybe even some of them knew it was Price last crack, too.

Edited by Pete

11 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Over Chytil? I disagree. Chytil doesn't even have a position. It would lock in our center position for the next however many years, and if Habs retain money it allows us to keep Strome. Mika, Strome, Dvorak down the middle is very deep.

I dunno if it's possible, I'm just saying if there's one player on the Habs I'm even remotely interested in, it's him.  

Admittedly, I’m looking on paper mostly but I’m just seeing going from 5 goals to 7 goals or 12 points to 16 points and for more money. 

I do like the thinking though. It’s similar to what I was suggesting with Gourde but I personally think Yanni would be the real score. I’d do a similar package to what Cgy gave up for Toffoli to Seattle to get Gourde and find a way to have 2m or so in retention and make sure Chytil goes the other way.