• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#49) Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings — Bongo Time

Phil

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Greiss was just too good. He played a hell of a game. 

As usual against us. Now 6-0-1.

And I may be wrong here, but that one loss came on a game he came in cold either late in the game or even in OT and gave up a goal to McDonagh back in 2014. So take that one-off out, and he’s never lost a start against us.

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

Bread man single handedly lost that one…

I think you're going a little too hard there. The Zib line passed their way out of 2 goals, easily, and Strome had chances to score and also win it in the shootout. 

Panarin was being defaulted to the entire game by everyone.  They all looked like shit and said "give it to 🍞"

He was better than others and most were worse than him. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Big Picture; didn't play 60 minutes, didn't play hard enough early, didn't compete nearly enough 5 on 5, allowed an inferior team to hang, insisted on passing instead of shooting (Panarin needs a talking to).

This team needs to make a trade. Looks like some people are waaayyy to comfortable skating around the perimeter rather than shooting and going to the net. 

Strome is taking a torch to his big ass contract campaign. 

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
Just now, Pete said:

They've played a ton of sub par hockey outside the Florida game before the break.

The last 2 were a microcosm of all season. Be just as good (bad) in both games, win one lose one. 

Pretty much. It seems like almost every Rangers game this season has been the same. lol Good and bad, I suppose. They have too many lulls, but don't stop fighting and they're usually in it.

I thought the Rangers played pretty well. They had plenty if good chances, and 39 shots. Just couldn’t capitalize enough. That’s the opposite of how they normally win. They usually don’t seem to generate nearly enough chances, but capitalize at a high enough rate to make the difference. Greiss was really good.

Detroit also played pretty disciplined too. Only one penalty.