• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#52) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — At Last We Meet for the First Time for the Last Time

Drew a Penalty

Disagree with ESPN (as usual), Jarry wasn't the better goalie this afternoon. I feel like he was barely tested with any quality chances unlike Shesty. Difference maker was a goal on a dubious penalty, whatever. Not the worst loss, Rangers hung in there toe-to-toe with a possible playoff opponent. 

8 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

The Penguins have great stickwork against the Rangers. They're giving them no chance to breathe and the Rangers aren't doing anything to adapt.

nailed it.

Not the end of the world but ffs too many passengers again in a tight game. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Don't understand; teams have scouted them doing that,and they keep doing it. You're doing the defense's job. 

Then what happens is the pressure mounts on shooting the puck, eventually resulting in an absolutely terrible shot selection (Lafreniere in this case). There were far better opportunities to one time it to the net, even if from the blue line, rather than limp-wristing it right into a defenders stick.

1 minute ago, ilkevinli said:

This is the type of game where you need your top guys to show up and the Rangers top guys didn’t. 

No one showed up. The Rangers only rely on their top guys. You can't blame them exclusively when the bottom six has been a black hole all season long. The Rangers are icing four AHLers on offense every game they play.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

We do need upgrades up front. $32 Million in space near the deadline and tons of assets to make upgrades. Sure Drury will.

The Strome-Panarin duo needs some assistance. 

It's not even a duo right now. It's just Panarin. Strome has been horrendous. Maybe 3 good games since New Years.

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

McKegg/Gauthier/Barron had 8 minutes. I don't think them not having an effective 8 minutes was why we lost.

Bottom 6 was noticeably worse with Rooney in elevated minutes, and no Chytil.

No. Them being unable to play more than 8 minutes is partly why they lost and why they’ve struggled for so long. The Rangers fourth line is being forced to play as a third line and their “third line” exists only to give the other players rest.

• Keeps it 100 1

Could we beat them in the playoffs, yeah anything is possible. Would I be confident, nope. Don't think they showed much at all today. I think they got smothered at times, well a lot.  We certainly were more physical that in the past, but just blah offensively from the guys who have to deliver. I don't see getting enough at the TDL to fix it all when the guys we have tend to shrink in these types of tighter games.  I also wouldn't sellout for rentals, still.

It is what it is, pittsburgh came in on a slide too.

Just now, jsrangers said:

Could we beat them in the playoffs, yeah anything is possible. Would I be confident, nope. Don't think they showed much at all today. I think they got smothered at times, well a lot.  We certainly were more physical that in the past, but just blah offensively from the guys who have to deliver. I don't see getting enough at the TDL to fix it all when the guys we have tend to shrink in these types of tighter games.  I also wouldn't sellout for rentals, still.

It is what it is, pittsburgh came in on a slide too.

Right now I don't think anybody would be confident in picking the playoff matchups. The East is tough. Lots of good teams, which is why the top 8 is already a pretty clear picture.

• Cheers 1