• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#53) Rangers vs. Vancouver Canucks — It's Miller Time

Phil

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Damn. Empty net Jones you don’t chop at the puck and peel you make damn sure you get it and the man 

Don't think they've scored after pulling the goalie this season, and have given up a bunch of ENGs.  

The effort? It sucked. But man did Demko play good. We had hardly any chances, but honestly, almost all of them were Grade-A chances. Can’t remember a game like that in awhile where I felt we played so bad and generated so little, but still could have put a lopsided number on the scoreboard ourselves. Demko really, really played well for the Canucks.

For us? The obviously is Lafreniere. He has just been outstanding the last little while. Kreider had his chances tonight, and was stoned by Demko all night. The Schneider-Jones pair, though very young and inexperienced, I think has staying power.

Games like this happen to every team throughout 82 games. Crappy effort, but as always, they did show heart at the end. They definitely need help, I’m sick of this lineup featuring as much dead wood as it does. But all in all, they’ll rebound. We got beat by a good goalie tonight, something we’ve done a lot of this year ourselves.

• Cheers 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
42 minutes ago, br-avery said:

So with 3 mins left Gallant pulls the goalie and has Hunt and Reaves on there for offense>>????????

As opposed to, who, exactly — Gauthier?

There is no "good" solution to the right side right now, but Hunt was active throughout the third. So was Reaves. The Rangers were causing a ton of turnovers and generating a slew of rushes. They just ran out of time.

4 hours ago, Valriera said:

This is why you really can’t let in two softies in the first period. Leagues too good to just be 2-0 down for no reason. 

Maybe we bag another but this is another game we win or get a point out of with shesty in net that geo played this year. Guy really can’t do anything 

Rangers hadn't scored a goal in almost 2 games. Tough look blaming goaltending. 

It's been said many times...without a superhuman goaltending performance this team doesn't have much of a shot to win.

Igor is so much better than the next best goalies that even if he played down to, say, Vasilievski or Soros level...Rangers would have a real tough time beating anyone. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Pete said:

It's been said many times...without a superhuman goaltending performance this team doesn't have much of a shot to win.

Igor is so much better than the next best goalies that even if he played down to, say, Vasilievski or Soros level...Rangers would have a real tough time beating anyone. 

I didn't fully endorsed this view earlier, but do now. It also seems that the D has been regressing at times, especially with Geo between the pipes. The inconsistency is still an aspect that comes in waves, players disappearing during the games, turning into to "one trick ponies", etc. It's hard to imagine at this point, that couple of additional players via trade will make much of a difference. Old routines die hard...

Well, that sucked!!!  Back once again, folks, and there wasn't much joy in Mudville last night!!

........And here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Hoover vacuums.  The only things that sucked more than us last night!

19 hours ago, rmc51 said:

U-kraine do it Geo!

13 hours ago, josh said:

Georgiev with a new helmet and a new glove, but the rest of his shit is old. Fucking scrub 

13 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

By the end of the game, Sam and Joe will have his jersey retired and hanging in the rafters at MSG!

12 hours ago, josh said:

Myers first of the season. Drink! 

12 hours ago, josh said:

This has a “I’m falling asleep on the couch mid period” game written all over it 

11 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

They're going to lose 4-3 and im going to rage that this team woke up too late and lose my parlay.

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pistol Pete!!!  Yeah man, I think I've heard it all about JT Miller last night.  I think they left out his jock size, though! 

..."No relation to K'Andre though!!"   Fucking unbelievable!!!   LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

I didn't fully endorsed this view earlier, but do now. It also seems that the D has been regressing at times, especially with Geo between the pipes. The inconsistency is still an aspect that comes in waves, players disappearing during the games, turning into to "one trick ponies", etc. It's hard to imagine at this point, that couple of additional players via trade will make much of a difference. Old routines die hard...

The Rangers have been in the bottom third of the league all year in shots against.

They are not a great defensive team, they just have the best goalie in the world. 

There's a reason Igor is at the top of the league in goals saved above expected, the Rangers bleed high quality chances. 

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Rangers have been in the bottom third of the league all year in shots against.

They are not a great defensive team, they just have the best goalie in the world. 

There's a reason Igor is at the top of the league in goals saved above expected, the Rangers bleed high quality chances. 

You really have a knack for chilling Rangers fans enthusiasm for their team, mission accomplished... 😉🤣

• LOL 1

It was one of THOSE nights.  Shit happens!  But we do need to address that "Turd Line".  I forget who said it last GDT, but I'm starting to think they're right.  The fact that we have a 3rd line that only plays like 8 minutes a game, is starting to wear heavily on the top 2 lines, and also on the the 4th.  I don't know if maybe Gallant was sending a message to Drury by playing Reaves on the 1st line or what...but we're going to have to address our glaring weakness soon.

Last night's "uninspired" effort after 3 games in 4 nights, I think showed it a little bit more.

I'm sure the need to acquire a couple of "pieces" to avoid nights like last night are at the top of Drury's agenda. 

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

I'd personally prefer a 3rd line of Goodrow, Barron and Chytil and then have a 4th with Reaves, Rooney, and McKegg/Gauthier/other filler. Chytil might not be super useful but he has the odd goal where opponents stop defending him and give him that space.

Same. Goodrow is a good Swiss Army knife kind of player, but I think he just gets lost there on the fourth line. The third is where he belongs. 

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Unable to score at even strength consistently.

Not enough forward depth.

Not good late in games with a lead

These are 3 components you need to win a Cup which they so sorely lack. 

Hard to see them winning more than a round in the postseason unless this gets rectified. And even that may be a reach.