• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Milan Lucic Crushes Philip Broberg: Clean or Dirty?

Phil

Milan Lucic Crushes Philip Broberg — Clean or Dirty?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Clean hit or dirty?

53 minutes ago, Phil said:

Mean =/= dirty. This is clean. It's just violent. They're ten plus feet out from the the boards.

Clean hit...more like a push.  12 feet from the boards...

Yeah, no way that's dirty!  He didn't even cross check him or use his stick for leverage.

Milan being Milan....and not in a bad way.

My initial reaction was dirty, but upon a second watch I think it's fine

Broberg initiates the contact too. it's a 50/50 hit and Broberg ends up taking 100 of it

He's trying to run a little pick play and give Draisaitl the chances to skate the puck around the net or wheel it up the boards. He's just not strong enough. Clean

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I mean he does hit him from behind. He was facing his back for a good 3-5 seconds before contact. But Bromberg almost fell too easily. I’d probably give him lucic a penalty for a hit from behind.

Hitting from behind isn't illegal. Boarding is. This isn't actually boarding, even though the boards end up a factor in the play. This is an open ice hit with an ugly ending.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hitting from behind isn't illegal. Boarding is. This isn't actually boarding, even though the boards end up a factor in the play. This is an open ice hit with an ugly ending.

Checking from Behind – A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed.

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/326142322/binary-file/file.pdf

fair point. 

I change my opinion- it’s clean. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

My initial reaction was dirty, but upon a second watch I think it's fine

Broberg initiates the contact too. it's a 50/50 hit and Broberg ends up taking 100 of it

He's trying to run a little pick play and give Draisaitl the chances to skate the puck around the net or wheel it up the boards. He's just not strong enough. Clean

This, Broberg stopped to try to interfere and got demolished. To be honest this is more his fault than Lucic - Lucic is just trying to straight line towards the puck. Not like he's going out of his way to hit a guy here. 

• Like 1

I mean, it’s kinda dirty. Broberg was being an idiot, but that doesn’t justify a crime. 

Also, standing in a spot isn’t interference. 
i don’t see broberg initiating contact, I see him getting to a spot on the ice trying to stop, while a reckless player comes and hits him in the numbers , sending him head first into the boards 

31 minutes ago, josh said:

I mean, it’s kinda dirty. Broberg was being an idiot, but that doesn’t justify a crime. 

i don’t see broberg initiating contact, I see him getting to a spot on the ice trying to stop, while a reckless player comes and hits him in the numbers , sending him head first into the boards 

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

16 minutes ago, josh said:

Oh it definitely is interference on Broberg. Neither guys have the puck. While Lucic is going for the puck, Broberg strops before touching it and instead is trying to interfere with Lucic from retrieving it. 

I understand why but if he’s worried about oncoming traffic, maybe he should stay off the freeway 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Oh it definitely is interference on Broberg. Neither guys have the puck. While Lucic is going for the puck, Broberg strops before touching it and instead is trying to interfere with Lucic from retrieving it. 

I understand why but if he’s worried about oncoming traffic, maybe he should stay off the freeway 

It wasn’t interference because he, uh, obviously didn’t interfere or impede the other player.

he also doesn’t go out of his way. He stops. Or tries to. 

He didn't impede the other player? 

My man you can't post up in front of a player who's en route to the puck when you are in no man's land and the puck is 15 ft away from you. 

Edited by Pete

Broberg thought this was a non-contact scrimmage apparently. I'll stop short of saying it was interference, because he didn't really change his line to the puck, he just significantly slowed down thinking Lucic would just adhere to it and stop with him to avoid contact. Good luck with that. I'm sure he learned his lesson. Next time go get the puck instead of being a little bitch.