• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#57) Rangers at Minnesota Wild — Streaking Down the Road [Trip]

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're missing the point. The point is that Igor is so good that even if he played to the level of other Vezina contenders...The Rangers would likely be bubble. Think about that.

Baseball analogies LOL. Come on.

No, I get it. You're late to this train.

Over 1000 shots, Shesterkin makes 60 more saves than his back up, and 20 more than the guys he's competing for Vezina against.

With any other goalie we're looking forward to drafting the next guy who can step right in and put up 60 points.

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This has to be his last start here, right?

I get Kinkaid isn’t better. But he may be better suited to be a backup. If Igor were to ever go down and we needed someone to step in for several starts, Georgiev is fine then. When he gets in a rhythm, he is serviceable. But as a backup? He is absolutely horrendous. 

Honestly I don't think it matters if Igor goes down I think this team is toast from here on out if he does. 

Edited by jsrangers

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Over 1000 shots, Shesterkin makes 60 more saves than his back up, and 20 more than the guys he's competing for Vezina against.

With any other goalie we're looking forward to drafting the next guy who can step right in and put up 60 points.

I don't think I'm late to the train at all. I've been one of like 3 people willing to say the team is a product of fortunate matchups, sick PP, and otherworldly goalie. I'm been saying that since they started really bad, and then their record said they got better but the eyeball test never really said they did, nor did the advanced stats.

Not sure how you can be late to something you're said all season, but whatever makes you feel super.

Edited by Pete

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

If we have a backup that’s say, a .910 or so goalie, we probably are losing 3-2 or at worst 4-2 going into the third. That’s at the very least much better than 5-2 

11 minutes ago, pws85nyr said:

For you perhaps lol.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/deal-with

When you deal with something or someone that needs attention, you give your attention to them, and often solve a problem or make a decision concerning them”

Dude are you for real? Lol my god. 

youve never in your life heard someone say “yeah, it is what it is. Im just going to have to deal with it” when discussing a shitty situation dealt to them .

you’re making a much bigger thing of this. I wasn’t thinking in the Tony Soprano mindset of “dealing with it” as if I’m wacking the dude 

Edited by Keirik

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't think I'm late to the train at all. I've been one of like 3 people willing to say the team is a product of fortunate matchups, sick PP, and otherworldly goalie. I'm been saying that since they started really bad, and then their record said they got better but the eyeball test never really said they did, nor did the advanced stats.

Not sure how you can be late to something you're said all season, but whatever makes you feel super.

I used to hope that you were wrong, but by now, you convinced me…

With a .607 SV%, Georgie wouldn’t even start in Hartford. Bring in Kincaid, at least he has a good attitude…

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

I used to hope that you were wrong, but by now, you convinced me…

With a .607 SV%, Georgie wouldn’t even start in Hartford. Bring in Kincaid, at least he has a good attitude…

"I'm tired of having lung cancer. Let's trade it for heart disease."

There are no goaltending options coming from within. They'll trade Geo, at the deadline or the draft, and bring in a veteran who is used to the role.

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Phil said:

"I'm tired of having lung cancer. Let's trade it for heart disease."

There are no goaltending options coming from within. They'll trade Geo, at the deadline or the draft, and bring in a veteran who is used to the role.

Do you always have to be right?🤣

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

LOL. All I'm saying is Kinkaid is in the AHL for a reason. He may be a great guy, but he's a garbage NHL goalie.

I know…

Shesty in goal wouldn’t had made much difference today. Maybe lower scoring, but a loss nonetheless…

Last 10 games before tonight we are

7-3 with one win being in the shootout

we have scored 21 even strength goals and 7 power play goals.

In 4 of those 7 wins,  we beat Florida, Boston, Washington, St Louis. But yeah, it’s all smoke and mirrors for our team. Suuuuuuure. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Gonna say it again: this team needs multiple forwards at the deadline. Upward of three. 2RW and two third line players to allow them to build an actual checking line that won't get caved the way any of the formations they have now do.

Get the AHLers back to the AHL, or onto other NHL rosters as soon as humanly possible. Chytil, Gauthier, Hunt are utterly unreliable players. Brodzinski, Gettinger, and probably Barron are still AHL players.

Lehkonen-Tierney-Goodrow or Lehkonen-Goodrow-Connor Brown would do real fucking wonders to balance shit out once the team gets healthy again.

I'm not opposed to getting someone like Ryan Carpenter for the fourth line, either, though I understand there's probably a breaking point where too many in and out at once can fuck up team chemistry.

I think this works best the earlier you do it. I hate this waiting til the day. I want the extra 5-6 games to build chemistry. Obviously it’s not just so easy as I’m making it oit to be but if it means an extra little bit to get it done earlier then so be it. 

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Gonna say it again: this team needs multiple forwards at the deadline. Upward of three. 2RW and two third line players to allow them to build an actual checking line that won't get caved the way any of the formations they have now do.

Get the AHLers back to the AHL, or onto other NHL rosters as soon as humanly possible. Chytil, Gauthier, Hunt are utterly unreliable players. Brodzinski, Gettinger, and probably Barron are still AHL players.

Lehkonen-Tierney-Goodrow or Lehkonen-Goodrow-Connor Brown would do real fucking wonders to balance shit out once the team gets healthy again.

I'm not opposed to getting someone like Ryan Carpenter for the fourth line, either, though I understand there's probably a breaking point where too many in and out at once can fuck up team chemistry.

Kakko could up his play if he's healthy, that's at least a top 9 guy.

17 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Dude are you for real? Lol my god. 

youve never in your life heard someone say “yeah, it is what it is. Im just going to have to deal with it” when discussing a shitty situation dealt to them .

you’re making a much bigger thing of this. I wasn’t thinking in the Tony Soprano mindset of “dealing with it” as if I’m wacking the dude 

Lol dude it was a joke, hence the fact I laughed ffs.

I said something, you interpreted it the wrong way which is absolutely fine and I get why might have though that, I then clarified basically saying what I said is exactly the same as you, as in we agree. Then you tell me to be less vague when you

interreted my comment wrong, even after I explained it, so I just wise crack I’m not wrong.

But sure I’ll try and be less vague.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I think this works best the earlier you do it. I hate this waiting til the day. I want the extra 5-6 games to build chemistry. Obviously it’s not just so easy as I’m making it oit to be but if it means an extra little bit to get it done earlier then so be it. 

Yup. The reason most teams wait to the deadline itself is due to cap room accrual that makes it easier to accommodate the later you wait. They don't have this problem.