• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Frank Vatrano from FLA for 4th-Round Pick

Phil

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because they are probably the favorite to come out of the east? The Rangers aren't a complete package and could get closer to being right up there with Florida as a favorite IF they can add Giroux themselves. 

Road to the cup is going through Florida, one way or another. 

I actually disagree. Gun to my head, if they and Carolina meet in the East Final, I actually think Carolina walks out on top. To me, that’s who the East is going to go through. Just my opinion obviously, but I’d be much more afraid playing them.

6 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

McKegg hasn't been killing penalties, Brodzinski is.

Right, but they're one injury or even penalty away from not having anyone else who can step in. It's why McKegg is still here.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

Right, but they're one injury or even penalty away from not having anyone else who can step in. It's why McKegg is still here.

According to Quanthockey 46 different times Vatrano has played over 1 minute of penalty kill in a game so there is that. Looks like the bulk of it was in 19/20 but I’m sure it’s something Gallant could tinker with. His speed alone could be enticing. 

44 minutes ago, Keirik said:

According to Quanthockey 46 different times Vatrano has played over 1 minute of penalty kill in a game so there is that. Looks like the bulk of it was in 19/20 but I’m sure it’s something Gallant could tinker with. His speed alone could be enticing. 

I'd rather just pick up a real penalty-killler. 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because they are probably the favorite to come out of the east? The Rangers aren't a complete package and could get closer to being right up there with Florida as a favorite IF they can add Giroux themselves. 

Road to the cup is going through Florida, one way or another. 

Do you mean through Florida in general ?Or Panthers specifically?

Cause as good as the Panthers are this season, they haven't won shit in the playoffs.

I'd say Tampa is still the Florida team to beat.

53 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Do you mean through Florida in general ?Or Panthers specifically?

Cause as good as the Panthers are this season, they haven't won shit in the playoffs.

I'd say Tampa is still the Florida team to beat.

In general.  

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I actually disagree. Gun to my head, if they and Carolina meet in the East Final, I actually think Carolina walks out on top. To me, that’s who the East is going to go through. Just my opinion obviously, but I’d be much more afraid playing them.

I just think Florida has a roster built entirely for the playoffs and Tampa is Tampa. The Canes are really solid too. I get why you're saying that.  Carolina owns the Rangers too. But, my gut says either Florida team is all. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I just think Florida has a roster built entirely for the playoffs and Tampa is Tampa. The Canes are really solid too. I get why you're saying that.  Carolina owns the Rangers too. But, my gut says either Florida team is all. 

Yeah, I mean listen, they’re all good. And it’s honestly going to be a dog fight and dice roll to see who comes out of it all. 

I don't understand why we're worried about helping Florida improve. If it wasn't us, somebody else would've. So why not pick up a solid 3rd liner instead of let Vatrano go elsewhere and help another team that isn't us? That way we help ourselves and Florida, instead of two teams that aren't the Rangers. Shouldn't even be a complaint.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 4
  • Keeps it 100 3

18 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I don't understand why we're worried about helping Florida improve. If it wasn't us, somebody else would've. So why not pick up a solid 3rd liner instead of let Vatrano go elsewhere and help another team that isn't us? That way we help ourselves and Florida, instead of two teams that aren't the Rangers. Shouldn't even be a complaint.

Yeah I said the same thing. 100% spot on my man. L

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

I wasn't complaining when I brought it up.  Mostly a gee-whiz / joke / side effect. 

This is a good trade. He immediately makes them deeper and better. And for an essentially insignificant cost

Vatrano is definitely an upgrade. Ideally he’s bottom-6

He’s not a top-6 guy though and asking him to play there may be a reach. 

We can’t fully asses though until any other deals might be done and we see how he’s utilized and deployed 

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

why is this board mentioning gourde?   does anyone really think he's getting dealt?

they love him there.

I think he’s a big time long-shot to be moved at any point in the next several seasons 

But they are an expansion team. If they felt like they’re return on him made them better moving forward in the long-term, they’d probably deal just about anyone