• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Frank Vatrano from FLA for 4th-Round Pick

Phil

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He does most of his scoring at EV too so there’s that. Very good trade while giving up very little. 

Last 4 years

24 goals in 81 games, 22 at EV

16 goals in 69 games, 12 at EV

18 goals in 56 games, 16 at EV

10 goals in 49 games,  9 at EV 

no brainer trade. Has played both wings I believe too

Which is good because he ain't gonna see the PP at all lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Having cap space is a beautiful thing. I doubt we were Florida’s ideal destination to deal Vatrano, but probably no team wanted to commit the cap to cover him rest of year. Interested to see what Florida does as they shed a little cap.

Perfect “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” trade for two potentially competing teams in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

RIP Brodzinski on the 3rd line, or in the lineup at all. Thanks for the goal last night.

Instant upgrade in the lineup over Brod, McKegg, or Gauthier. Happy with it.

If this doesnt knock McKegg out of the lineup then nothing will. 

18 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He does most of his scoring at EV too so there’s that. Very good trade while giving up very little. 

Last 4 years

24 goals in 81 games, 22 at EV

16 goals in 69 games, 12 at EV

18 goals in 56 games, 16 at EV

10 goals in 49 games,  9 at EV 

no brainer trade. Has played both wings I believe too

Laf fanboys livid they wont be able to use that 5v5 goals leader stat anymore

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. Playing LW for Florida, so probably a third line player for them, but if he can play the right, he can easily bump Hunt out and ride shotgun to Bread and Butter.

Vatrano past 4 seasons:

18-19: 24 goals (81 games)

19-20: 16 goals (69 games, 19 goal pace)
20-21: 18 goals (56 games, 26 goal pace)

21-22: 10 goals (49 games, 17 goal pace)

This guy is low key a 18-25 goal guy, almost exclusively even strength, all while playing 12-15 minutes a night. For a 4th round pick.

How long have we been saying the Panarin-Strome line needs a guy capable of finishing and scoring goals? If Vatrano doesn’t get a crack at it with those guys, it will be borderline infuriating unless Chytil-Vatrano have immediate and undeniable chemistry.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

If this doesnt knock McKegg out of the lineup then nothing will. 

He takes faceoffs and kills penalties, but we have plenty of bottom 6 players rotating in and out that play a similar game. Chytil seems to work well with shoot-first players as well, Vatrano could be that guy.

• Like 1

The numbers look outstanding.  Can anyone describe his game? I know nothing of him. Never even heard of him.

Grinder? Soft? Physical? Puck skills? 

Very low key. I told everyone to aim lower, but I wasn't thinking a trade involving a 4th round pick low.. 

But those numbers look really damn good. 

spacer.png

Who the hell IS this guy???  Those numbers are seriously good. Is he some kind of defensive disaster? Is he just not talked about because he was undrafted? 

I don't care if he works out here, but that's a damn good trade. For all I know he's Brendan Pirri part 2. But damn. He's gotta get minutes over Hunt, who will hopefully fall in a sewer hole and land in a pool of Dryden Hunt.  

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

spacer.png

Who the hell IS this guy???  Those numbers are seriously good. Is he some kind of defensive disaster? Is he just not talked about because he was undrafted? 

I don't care if he works out here, but that's a damn good trade. For all I know he's Brendan Pirri part 2. But damn. He's gotta get minutes over Hunt, who will hopefully fall in a sewer hole and land in a pool of Dryden Hunt.  

He’s Jimmy Vesey, essentially.