• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Frank Vatrano from FLA for 4th-Round Pick

Phil

21 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Not really if they are clearing cap space since they are one of the front runners for Giroux

Well yeah. Why help them unload space for the guy the Rangers should be targeting with their endless amount of cap space? 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well yeah. Why help them unload space for the guy the Rangers should be targeting with their endless amount of cap space? 

B/c obviously 

A: The Rangers need a lot of help in the bottom 6

B: Didnt cost a prospect

C. Giroux doesnt want to come here, nor the Flyers probably wanting to trade him here either

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

B/c obviously 

A: The Rangers need a lot of help in the bottom 6

B: Didnt cost a prospect

C. Giroux doesnt want to come here, nor the Flyers probably wanting to trade him here either

C) He doesnt? I must have missed that.

The Rangers are the only team that can give a decent package and take on most if not all his salary. Anyone else would have to give up a shit ton not just for the player, but for the retention. The Rangers might be their only option.  Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st. Not sure who can afford to give up more than that. Who are the Panthers or Avs giving up? Avs may not need retention with Landeskogs injury, are they willing to go all in without Landeskog on the roster? Doubt it. 

Was a good trade none the less. But everyone talking about Florida cleaning cap space... Why help the competition when they should be in on Giroux. They have to be. 

Edited by The Dude

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

C) He doesnt? I must have missed that.

The Rangers are the only team that can give a decent package and take on most if not all his salary. Anyone else would have to give up a shit ton not just for the player, but for the retention. The Rangers might be their only option.  Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st. Not sure who can afford to give up more than that. Who are the Panthers or Avs giving up? Avs may not need retention with Landeskogs injury, are they willing to go all in without Landeskog on the roster? Doubt it. 

Was a good trade none the less. But everyone talking about Florida cleaning cap space... Why help the competition when they should be in on Giroux. They have to be. 

Why would a team need retention?  he's an UFA after the season, any team will pay for like 1/4 left of his salary.  

If the Rangers were involved in getting Giroux you'd hear about it, but all you hear is crickets about Giroux, which tells me he doesnt want to come here.....but you hear Giroux to COL, Giroux to FLA.  

Owen Tippett > Chytil 

But yet you'd be ok with "helping the competition in your division" for far longer than what the 4th round pick to Florida and their cap space clearing.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

3 minutes ago, fletch said:

Rental, but only gave up a fourth round pick.  If he's a good fit maybe we can extend.  Helps, but certainly isn't a blockbuster deal.

considering the upgrade this represents over greg mckegg its a blockbuster

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He’s nothing like Vesey. Vatrano is fast, hits, and has an nhl shot. Vesey is none of that. 

yet they couldn’t get anything better than a 4th from a potential conference opponent? 

he hits as much as Zibanejad and hasn’t been killing penalties.

im ok with the move, but it’s pretty blah. Mostly because mckegg is still in the lineup 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Vatrano Gourde Goodrow 

that’s a third line ! 🙂

Where do I sign up for that one??  LOL

44 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Nice pick up by Drury

Yessir!!  Chris Drury: Our man!!

• Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

RIP Brodzinski on the 3rd line, or in the lineup at all. Thanks for the goal last night.

Instant upgrade in the lineup over Brod, McKegg, or Gauthier. Happy with it.

I'd put Brodzinski to Panarin line and Hunt to the bread line. 

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, josh said:

yet they couldn’t get anything better than a 4th from a potential conference opponent? 

he hits as much as Zibanejad and hasn’t been killing penalties.

im ok with the move, but it’s pretty blah. Mostly because mckegg is still in the lineup 

You're taking the.trade in a vacuum though. Twice Vatrano has had over 100 hits in a season. Saying he hits as much as Ziby really doesn't mean much to me. 

Florida is a stacked team. They can't play everyone and Marchments development made Vatrano spot expendable. He's just not even remotely close to Vesey though. 

It's a good trade. We want even strength goals. He can bring that. We want depth. He can bring that. It's not a ground breaking trade but it's along the lines of addressing a need. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

You're taking the.trade in a vacuum though. Twice Vatrano has had over 100 hits in a season. Saying he hits as much as Ziby really doesn't mean much to me. 

Florida is a stacked team. They can't play everyone and Marchments development made Vatrano spot expendable. He's just not even remotely close to Vesey though. 

It's a good trade. We want even strength goals. He can bring that. We want depth. He can bring that. It's not a ground breaking trade but it's along the lines of addressing a need. 

I already said the trade is fine, not sure what a vacuum has to do with anything.

this is another average player added to an average bottom 6. 

Hes Vesey, with a ceiling of Reilly Smith, or at worst… well, what they already have in the bottom 6. 

i think it’s worth a shit with the low cost, but I’m not expecting much. 

• Cheers 1