• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#61) Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Hello There, Little Brothers

Phil

Hopefully we do to them what we did to the Flyers last Paddy’s Day. What a massacre.

Isles have been playing good hockey lately. The playoffs are beyond a pipe dream for them. They would virtually have to win out. It’d be nice to shove a nail in their coffin with a big, statement win tonight. Let’s go.

• Like 1

I wanna see a 5-0 demo-derby. Just an absolute shitkicking out there. I want Igor to have the easiest shutout of the season. I want the islanders fans who think that, despite their rough season they can at least celebrate a win at the garden to get on their sad little LIRR to Ronkonkoma knowing that they wasted their money on an overpriced ticket to see their team utterly embarrassed 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

14 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hopefully we do to them what we did to the Flyers last Paddy’s Day. What a massacre.

Isles have been playing good hockey lately. The playoffs are beyond a pipe dream for them. They would virtually have to win out. It’d be nice to shove a nail in their coffin with a big, statement win tonight. Let’s go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Isn’t it funny how moving to Long Island doesn’t increase your odds of meeting a fan of that shit organization? 

They’re all quiet right now since they suck 

there were plenty of isles jerseys all over the place last year and they were all annoying 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Isles have asked in light if the passing of Jean Potvin, Rangers fans out of respect refrain from their favorite chant, regarding his douchebag brother Denis breakingUlf Nilsson's ankle , thereby costing our beloved  team the 1979 Stanley Cup. 

Good luck with that

i was at a Flyer game after Lindbergh crashed his Porsche into a wall and the Blues were slowly chanting  “ Pellllllleeeeee “

a tad indelicate 

Edited by Go Blue
  • VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, Go Blue said:

Good luck with that

i was at a Flyer game after Lindbergh crashed his Porsche into a wall and the Blues were slowly changing “ Pellllllleeeeee “

a tad indelicate 

Most modern day Ranger fans probably don't even know who Jean Potvin was!! 

Some are lucky they even know who Denis Potvin is!!!    LOL

Great job by Islander PR giving us "bait"!!!  They'd have better chance of holding back high tide, than that chant at an Isles/Rangers game!!!

• Keeps it 100 1

Yes, the current/past records between these team do not mean much, but...

Shesty had not have good games against them, posted a 1-4-1 record so far in his carrier in the NHL. Georgie on the other hand has a 7-3-0 record against the Fishsticks. Don't be too surprised to see Georgie between the pipes tonight, if that happens, especially with the back-to-back games coming up against top teams on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Georgi gets into the "grove" and wins both starts of his...

Don't get me wrong, I'd want to see Georgie in the goal as you do, but a well rested Shesty against Tampa would be great...

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

Yes, the current/past records between these team do not mean much, but...

Shesty had not have good games against them, posted a 1-4-1 record so far in his carrier in the NHL. Georgie on the other hand has a 7-3-0 record against the Fishsticks. Don't be too surprised to see Georgie between the pipes tonight, if that happens, especially with the back-to-back games coming up against top teams on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe Georgi gets into the "grove" and wins both starts of his...

Don't get me wrong, I'd want to see Georgie in the goal as you do, but a well rested Shesty against Tampa would be great...

If Georgiev starts Galant should be fired. He was in goal last game and Shesterkin hasn’t played in 4 days. Don’t care about previous record vs Islanders, unless he’s injured, Igor will play tonight.