• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#61) Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Hello There, Little Brothers

Phil

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

Yeah, officiating is a problem but geez, Rangers shouldn’t be 1-1 late to a team of the Islanders’ caliber.  Period.  Second time they’ve dropped points to a team they should beat handily if they expect to go deep in the playoffs.  Shoulda been able to get up for this one.  They didn’t.

Thank you. When you are a playoff team you don't get moral victories against crappy division opponents.

• VINNY! 1

Listen, bad refereeing for sure, but sometimes you also just get "goaltended". That save on Panarin in the first period was kind of a precursor for how Sorokin was going to play. He was brilliant.

The Rangers don't have a habit of scoring 1 or fewer goals. If my quick count is correct, they've only done so in 11 out of 61 games now. This is the NHL. It happens, and the Isles are playing well now the past 5 or 6 games. I thought the Rangers looked good. Dust it off and move on.

• Like 3
  • Keeps it 100 4

29 minutes ago, Karan said:

Totally fixed result by the refs. The last 5 mins of this was not a hockey game. 

I don't think it was like a fix on purpose obviously. None of us do including you. But I have this feeling after the 2nd the referees said to both teams in that huddle that they didn't want to decide the game, then call a bs penalty on Alf. Then ignore a legit elbow to the face right in front of the play. 

That's asinine. And it indirectly leads exactly to the game winning goal right after. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Listen, bad refereeing for sure, but sometimes you also just get "goaltended". That save on Panarin in the first period was kind of a precursor for how Sorokin was going to play. He was brilliant.

The Rangers don't have a habit of scoring 1 or fewer goals. If my quick count is correct, they've only done so in 11 out of 61 games now. This is the NHL. It happens, and the Isles are playing well now the past 5 or 6 games. I thought the Rangers looked good. Dust it off and move on.

The Rangers may need more than dusting it off, when they will play two of the best teams in the NHL in back to back games. It's not getting easier from here on...

Can't even make a good defensive play in this league anymore without refs assuming you must've hooked. Goodrow and Lafreniere get called for bullshit calls because they make a play on a guys stick. 

i understand sometimes refs gotta call a game tight/strict but be consistent my god. Don’t call horseshit both ways and then decide you gotta put the whistles away last couple of minutes 

Turk was complimentary of the refs and then said he did not like the klast 2 calls vs. the Rangers.

The call vs. Laf was soft and then they let the elbow on Lindgren go; total incompetence.

While this was an even game think this team has to be more offensive. 1 goal no matter how good Sorokin was is not enough. 

24 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Turk was complimentary of the refs and then said he did not like the klast 2 calls vs. the Rangers.

The call vs. Laf was soft and then they let the elbow on Lindgren go; total incompetence.

While this was an even game think this team has to be more offensive. 1 goal no matter how good Sorokin was is not enough. 

They also missed a cheap cross check by Barzal on Mika, while not bad ,you wonder why that was let do but other stuff was called.Maddening.

1 hour ago, ausman said:

Yeah, officiating is a problem but geez, Rangers shouldn’t be 1-1 late to a team of the Islanders’ caliber.  Period.  Second time they’ve dropped points to a team they should beat handily if they expect to go deep in the playoffs.  Shoulda been able to get up for this one.  They didn’t.

Islanders caliber ? Its the team that went to game 7 of the semi finals last year. They aren't having thebgrewtest year but it's our biggest rival. Records mean nothing.  And the Rangers were "up for this one." Sometimes you just don't win. Zero probel with their effort tonight.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Costa said:

Don't you mean "Beat your wife Pot-vin, beat your wife"... 😛 

Both beats his wife variants were staples in the day.  Fond memories!

And why not a little reprise of "Potvin takes it up the ***, do-dah, do-dah"?

Tough loss.  Not sure how refs miss the cross check on Zibs and the elbow on Lindgren.  Only thing Lindgren can do different is flop to the ice when he gets hit like a little girl like Crosby would’ve done.  Still might not get the call but might’ve gotten a whistle at least.  

It felt like a playoff game out there last night, fellas.  Seems we got "Shestied".  I still think Sorokin pretty much set the tone with that 10 bell highlight save for the ages.

........And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by The NY Bridge & Tunnel Authority, who reminds us: "There's still work to be done"!

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Finally a fiery Italian #77 we can all get behind

How many of you are going to do a double take thinking it's Ada out there for a few minutes ?

12 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Time for us to hit something…like the back of the net!!

12 hours ago, Karan said:

Ugh. Starting to feel like at this rate Sorokin would stop a ballistic missile...

12 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m blasted and admit it but I feel we should be up a few

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

My god every Islander fan is ugly lol 

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

GUYS. SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

MY FAVORITE SONG IS ON. 

12 hours ago, Karan said:

Poor kid's probably in the tunnel right now hooked up to oxygen. 

12 hours ago, Dunny said:

There's a lot of things that piss me off about Strome, but his helmet is really the icing on the cake. It's simply unacceptable.

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

I’m convinced that if you threw a tennis ball at Trotz head it would go into orbit rather then hit him in the face. 

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

Chytil missed the net. In other breaking news, water is wet. 

Yeah the refereeing was fucking brutal in the last 7 minutes of the game, but we have to be able to pot more than one goal against those shit bags!

On the good side of town, Kreider gets #40 and a solid showing from Frankie V!

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn, with his take on the Isles coach!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1

Having had a chance to cool down a bit from the result, the refs were understandably the immediate source of frustration in the aftermath of the loss, just cause we're all so passionate about beating the fucking Piles. But in hindsight, feel like the Rangers didn't really adapt their style to the Isles tight checking, shot blocking style of defense. Tried too many times to get the perfect play and thought they could win this game based on skill alone. That doesn't always work against teams like the Piles especially when they have a hot goalie in net and you've got to tip your hat to Sorokin last night. 

• Keeps it 100 1

24 minutes ago, Karan said:

Having had a chance to cool down a bit from the result, the refs were understandably the immediate source of frustration in the aftermath of the loss, just cause we're all so passionate about beating the fucking Piles. But in hindsight, feel like the Rangers didn't really adapt their style to the Isles tight checking, shot blocking style of defense. Tried too many times to get the perfect play and thought they could win this game based on skill alone. That doesn't always work against teams like the Piles especially when they have a hot goalie in net and you've got to tip your hat to Sorokin last night. 

Yup...I thought it was a really good game by both teams.  I try to keep in mind that the Isles were 1 goal away from the Stanley Cup finals last season, so there's that.  But we played a tough game and didn't get bounced around.  We're looking like we're starting to "belong"...and this is just the beginning.

15 hours ago, Pete said:

Thank you. When you are a playoff team you don't get moral victories against crappy division opponents.

Good point. They needed this one with @TB and @CAR up next.   

OTOH, It's going to be tough down the stretch for the Rangers because the schedule is loaded with division games and (a) they are in a tough division and (b) the three bottom feeders in their division, games that they should expect to handle, happen to be long time rivals that hate them (Philly, NJ, NYI).