• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

TBL Acquire Brandon Hagel, Two 4ths From CHI for Two 1sts, Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh

Phil

I would have done a very similar trade for Gourde ( I know I know) with some retention. And before we start picking it apart, two 1sts from us likely yield a better draft position than two from Tampa. Kravtsov + Chytil I still think is a better talent than Raddysh and Boris. Maybe you throw in one other prospect to tip the scale. 

These are the kinds of trades we should be making. Value as well as talent. There’s only a handful of GMs going this route and they usually are the ones everyone else is watching late in the playoffs. Sooner or later it’s going to be harder because every gm will try this exact same thing. Do.it.now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

I would have done a very similar trade for Gourde ( I know I know) with some retention. And before we start picking it apart, two 1sts from us likely yield a better draft position than two from Tampa. Kravtsov + Chytil I still think is a better talent than Raddysh and Boris. Maybe you throw in one other prospect to tip the scale. 

These are the kinds of trades we should be making. Value as well as talent. There’s only a handful of GMs going this route and they usually are the ones everyone else is watching late in the playoffs. Sooner or later it’s going to be harder because every gm will try this exact same thing. Do.it.now. 

Yes I don’t understand why we’re not in on these. We have the asset volume and quality use it to pay fhe premium price for the cost controlled guys. Use it to our advantage just like drury used the space we have this season to our advantage in the vatrano deal

• Like 1