• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning — #1 Bullshit

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

what a game.

what the fuck is up with the refereeing last two games though? Just calling soft nonsense both games while letting actual penalties go. I just don’t get it. To be honest the reffing this season has been better than normal because this is the first time I remember a couple games where it’s just actively horrible.

Having a real third line is going to be the difference between this team winning and losing a series this postseason. Last two games they’ve been good led by chytil learning hockey again but unfortunately I just didn’t have any confidence in him.

I love the economics of the vatrano deal but I’m still not convinced that he’s any better on that line than hunt was. It’s only two games though.

mika had a phenomenal game all over the ice tonight and deserved the game winner. How did we wind up with that guy?

The eye test imo isn't even close. Effort from Hunt only goes so far. Vatrano has showed some flashes in two games that Hunt couldn't muster in 15 games. Kid needs a finish and it will be the start of something good. 

• VINNY! 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Solid win.

Let the word go forth; fuck with Igor, get beat up by Reaves. Maroon is a big guy and respected vet, and this team is taking no shit when it comes to Igor.

There were too many painful years when something like that would just go unanswered. RR did what had to be done, even if it wasn't exactly artwork. If I have a feeling like we're "back," it's at least partly for that willingness to do what is required. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Winning goal: only two elite players make that play.

Nice to see another good third line outing.  4th held its own as well.

Another pretty weak performance by LaF

TB's PA lady sounds like she's announcing the results of school figures in a figure skating competition in Olso, not goals in an NHL game.

44 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

The eye test imo isn't even close. Effort from Hunt only goes so far. Vatrano has showed some flashes in two games that Hunt couldn't muster in 15 games. Kid needs a finish and it will be the start of something good. 

Vatrano hasn't been aided by Panarin and Strome performing well below their best. Once they start playing at their normal level I'm sure they'll find ways to set him up. 

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

@joshstarted the chant, $135 deep in beer money

TB crowd was over powering at first, rangers fans eventually took over. 

so fucking pumped!!!! What a finish. 

hope you see Shesterkin tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Any excuses here? Did Vasilevskiy just come back from injury? No backup. Any reasonable argument we didn't just beat a top 5 team in the NHL? 

It’s just time to start believing is us. We can’t control every other team but we can look at our own game. Please, anyone, tell me you expected more this season . We battle, we rarely lose, and we beat teams that are left saying “wtf just happened” while we celebrate. Sometimes it’s our pp. sometimes it’s our god in net. Sometimes it’s a combo of both.  Sometimes it’s just clutch play. But always it’s because this team believes they are a team that should not lose. It’s amazing. I know we all k ow how similar this is to the beginning of our last window. 

I’m not saying we win a cup this year. I hope we do. We all do. But we all know this is the beginning of something beautiful. Don’t shy away from that. Trust. Believe. And fucking celebrate this. Our window opens today. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

45 minutes ago, josh said:

TB crowd was over powering at first, rangers fans eventually took over. 

so fucking pumped!!!! What a finish. 

hope you see Shesterkin tomorrow. 

Get laid my friend, go crazy ! 

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It’s just time to start believing is us. We can’t control every other team but we can look at our own game. Please, anyone, tell me you expected more this season . We battle, we rarely lose, and we beat teams that are left saying “wtf just happened” while we celebrate. Sometimes it’s our pp. sometimes it’s our god in net. Sometimes it’s a combo of both.  Sometimes it’s just clutch play. But always it’s because this team believes they are a team that should not lose. It’s amazing. I know we all k ow how similar this is to the beginning of our last window. 

I’m not saying we win a cup this year. I hope we do. We all do. But we all know this is the beginning of something beautiful. Don’t shy away from that. Trust. Believe. And fucking celebrate this. Our window opens today. 

I am with you. At the end of the day, they have made a quantum leap in learning how to win. And we can fret about the fancy stats and we can conjure all sorts of reasons we're not as good as our record indicates. But both the will to win and the confidence that they can win have both grown massively this season. Without that, you won't ever have a genuine contender. And in a month or so, we'll see if this horse can run and we'll know more about where we are.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Welcome back once again, folks!!  Good thing our good luck charm @Keirikshowed up at the bar and helped us reel in a BIG Victory!!!

....And here are the Top "Dirty Dozen" nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Miller Lite, @josh's beer of choice at the game last night! 

21 hours ago, The Dude said:

Marty Straka for trivia.  

Dryden Hunt hat trick 

Georgiev shutout 

Nemeth Gordie Howe hat trick

Sam says slutty cunt twice. On purpose

16 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Marks head is extra shiny tonight

16 hours ago, Pete said:

Hagel compared to Gourde so we'll immediately be subjected to trade proposals for the next 5 years.

cc: @Keirik

16 hours ago, Keirik said:

ESPN reads our board lol 

16 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

So much for being better than Goodrow. A take so bad the poster went into hiding.

16 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Good power play. Would have been real nice if we didn’t have to watch it from fucking space. These camera angles suck.

16 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

"Save! No, it's in."

15 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

We are at Irish Times.  There’s 2 periods left and you always miss the 1st any way

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Seriously. Callahan school of accuracy.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Are we sure that's not Greg McKegg in Panarin's jersey?

14 hours ago, Phil said:

That's what forty years of tanning beds will do to you.

14 hours ago, rmc51 said:

@joshstarted the chant, $135 deep in beer money

So we lay down the law a little bit and sweep the Stanley Cup Champs in the season series.  "One small step for man..."

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @RichieNextel305.  Yeah dude, I hate when we play on National TV.  I need fucking Dramamine to watch some of those camera angles!

Let's take these Hartford Whalers tonight just for shits and giggles!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• Phil unpinned this topic