• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

FLA Acquire Claude Giroux From PHI for Like Nothing

Just now, Ozzy said:

Thanks Richie!!!  Kinda knew where this one was coming. 

I have a sneaky suspicion Giroux re-signs in Philly after this season's playoffs are over  😉

Wouldn't shock me at all. 

I would have liked to see him here for a stretch run. But, I understand not wanting to help a blood rival. It actually makes me like him more, believe it or not, that he would refuse to come here. Shows how heated the rivalry is and how much hatred there actually is. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I would have liked to see him here for a stretch run. But, I understand not wanting to help a blood rival. It actually makes me like him more, believe it or not, that he would refuse to come here. Shows how heated the rivalry is and how much hatred there actually is. 

I think the fact that he's refusing to come here is pretty significant evidence that he's going back to Philly. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Giroux is one of the "goods".  Old school player.  I would've loved to get him.  I'm curious to see what the Panthers gave up.  I don't think it's going to be a ton...the scuttlebut was a #2 pick or something like that...and maybe a prospect.

But yeah, he'll always be a Flyer! 

It would be like one of us rooting for the fucking Devils!  LOL

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Giroux is one of the "goods".  Old school player.  I would've loved to get him.  I'm curious to see what the Panthers gave up.  I don't think it's going to be a ton...the scuttlebut was a #2 pick or something like that...and maybe a prospect.

But yeah, he'll always be a Flyer! 

It would be like one of us rooting for the fucking Devils!  LOL

Tippett and  a 2024 first rounder ,they already traded the 2023 first rounder to the habs 

• Phil changed the title to FLA Acquire Claude Giroux From PHI for Like Nothing