• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — The Jerk Store Called....

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo
REGULAR SEASON GAME #63 — 3/20/22

NYR Logo Reflection vs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 6:00 PM
TV: MSG+, BSSO
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/hurricanes

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

39-18-5 (81 Points)

3rd — Metropolitan

20-6-3

19-12-2

4-2

6-4-0

W1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+27 (12th)

2.95 (18th)

2.55 (3rd)

26.6% (2nd)

81.9% (9th)

45.5% (29th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Chris Kreider (40)

Artemi Panarin (56)

Artemi Panarin (72)

Mika Zibanejad (+17)

Jacob Trouba (80) 

Adam Fox (24:12)

Mika Zibanejad (19:48)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A 🐎 / Mika Zibanejad A 🎧 / Alexis Lafrenière 🍞
Artemi Panarin A / Ryan Strome A 💩/ Frank Vatrano 🇮🇹
Barclay Goodrow A / Filip Chytil 💩 / Dryden Hunt💩
Greg McKegg 💩/ Jonny Brodzinski 💩 / Ryan Reaves 👊

Ryan Lindgren 🩸 / Adam Fox 🐐
K'Andre Miller 🔑 / Jacob Trouba A 🚂
Patrik Nemeth 💩 / Braden Schneider 📈

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

ALexandar Georgiev 💩

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

8-9-2

Healthy Scratches:

Libor Hajek, Julien Gauthier 🍁💩

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Sammy Blais [IR] — Knee surgery; Out for season

Kaapo Kakko [IR] — Upper-body injury; "Weak, too weak"

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

41-14-6 (88 Points)

1st — Metropolitan

23-4-3

18-10-3

1-1

5-3-2

OT1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+57 (3rd)

3.31 (9th)

2.38 (1st)

24.2% (7th)

89.1% (1st)

54.9% (3rd)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Sebastian Aho (27)

Sebastian Aho (34)

Sebastian Aho (61)

Tony DeAngelo?!?!?!? (+19)

Vincent Trocheck (69)

Jaccob Slavin (23:56)

Sebastian Aho (19:12)

Starting Lineup:^

Sebastian Aho A / Vincent Trocheck / Teuvo Teravainen
Andrei Svechnikov / Jesperi Kotkaniemi / Martin Necas
Nino Niderreiter / Jordan Staal C / Jesper Fast
Steven Lorentz / Derek Stepan / Seth Jarvis

Jaccob Slavin A / Ethan Bear
Brady Skjei / Brett Pesce
Brendan Smith / Ian Cole

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Frederik Andersen

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

30-9-2

Healthy Scratches:

Josh Leivo

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Jake Gardiner [IR] — Back/Hip Injury

Tony DeAngelo [IR] — "Mid-Body" Injury

Jordan Martinook [DTD] — Undisclosed

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“I think the confidence building is now we’ve played two games that we’ve had a pretty consistent effort from our whole lineup basically. There’s no passengers and that’s I think what we feel better about, is that we’re building our game in that way. We’re playing with good teams, we’re playing well, Igor’s playing great, we’re not giving up a ton of chances — we’re giving up some — but it’s going to happen. Finding ways to win and that’s the most important thing.”

— Jacob Trouba after the 2-1 win vs. TBL

GIF to HYPE :

season 8 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• LMFAO 2

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — The Jerk Store Called....

Love that there's 2 Dryden Hunts listed in the lineup. Both with poop emojis. Double the Hunt. Double the poop. God he stinks.

Mark Laforest for trivia. 

Lafreniere scores 5 goals

Sam talks about coke and hookers on the road when Joe brings up traveling with the team as a player. 

• LMFAO 1

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

With Panarin and Strome yes. As a bottom 6 energy player and forechecker, I haven’t seen enough to agree or disagree. Last night he was effective.

Well his equivalent in the other side tonight are perennial excellent hockey players Jordan staal and Jesper fast, alongside fifth overall pick and career 0.5p/g player nino neiderreiter. Any chance he ever gets as good as those guys? I think we all know the answer for our entire bottom six right now, not just hunt.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That roster... Stepan as the 4th line center. We have Mckegg.  Drury needs to get some real depth. 

Really hope it happens because we’re looking at another embarrassing evening tonight and in the playoffs without that unless our elite five or so guys magically turn into gods 

15 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Hunt was excellent last night along with Goodrow and Chytil. In fact, that 3rd line combo was excellent. Hope it continues tonight.

Indeed, they had a real good game. Chytil played real good, hope he can make it last but have doubts.

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — the Jerk Store Called....
  • Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes —The Jerk Store Called....
23 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Well his equivalent in the other side tonight are perennial excellent hockey players Jordan staal and Jesper fast, alongside fifth overall pick and career 0.5p/g player nino neiderreiter. Any chance he ever gets as good as those guys? I think we all know the answer for our entire bottom six right now, not just hunt.

Yes, Carolina’s 3rd line is obviously very good. I’m not sure why that’s the barometer for a solid 3rd line though. I would venture that 28-30 other teams fall short of matching their 3rd line. It might even be the best 3rd line in the NHL. The Rangers are better than they are in certain areas too.

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Yes, Carolina’s 3rd line is obviously very good. I’m not sure why that’s the barometer for a solid 3rd line though. I would venture that 28-30 other teams fall short of matching their 3rd line. It might even be the best 3rd line in the NHL. The Rangers are better than they are in certain areas too.

Well surely there's just one player on their entire third line that would seem like a fair comparison, right? I mean while we're talking about holes we need to fill in order to seriously think about winning this year, surely just one single third line player on the best team in the conference is a fair comparison, right? 

• Phil changed the title to [RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — The Jerk Store Called....
12 minutes ago, deejaid said:

The more I looked at it I think they just list Kinkaid in the scouting report section as he has the lowest GAA (2.00) on the team.

Had my hopes up for a minute that they were able to dump Georgiev on someone.

Yea.  Kinky started for the Pack on Friday, pulled after 12 minutes giving up 3 goals on 5 shots.  Then started again last night.  Even if Geo is traded, Kinky isn't starting for us tonight.

59 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

With Panarin and Strome yes. As a bottom 6 energy player and forechecker, I haven’t seen enough to agree or disagree. Last night he was effective.

He's gotta be someone in managements nephew. No team would put up with his overall uselessness over the course of a season in the top 6 and continue to play him. 

Ok he did something last night. Great. I'm tired of seeing him and I'm tired of people propping him up. He's not very good. 13th forward on any other team, but here he is on the 3rd line after months of getting a top 6 role. He doesn't bring enough to warrant playing time.  I'd rather see Gauthier. 

• Applause 1