• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#63) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes — The Jerk Store Called....

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's gotta be someone in managements nephew. No team would put up with his overall uselessness over the course of a season in the top 6 and continue to play him. 

Ok he did something last night. Great. I'm tired of seeing him and I'm tired of people propping him up. He's not very good. 13th forward on any other team, but here he is on the 3rd line after months of getting a top 6 role. He doesn't bring enough to warrant playing time.  I'd rather see Gauthier. 

Is Gauthier your nephew? He’s fucking terrible. He skates fast. That is his only use.

• LOL 3
  • LMFAO 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's gotta be someone in managements nephew. No team would put up with his overall uselessness over the course of a season in the top 6 and continue to play him. 

Ok he did something last night. Great. I'm tired of seeing him and I'm tired of people propping him up. He's not very good. 13th forward on any other team, but here he is on the 3rd line after months of getting a top 6 role. He doesn't bring enough to warrant playing time.  I'd rather see Gauthier. 

Maybe Strome and Panarin like having him on the line?

2 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Is Gauthier your nephew? He’s fucking terrible. He skates fast. That is his only use.

What if he was?

Actually he carries the puck great, will park infront of the net,  is solid on forechecks, takes the puck to the net and has become pretty good defensively. None of which can be said for Hunt.

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, AliveIn94 said:

Maybe Strome and Panarin like having him on the line?

Maybe, but he produces nothing when there. Literally.  The Rangers needed to bring someone in that has A hockey skill to play on that line.

Vatrano will be pretty good in that spot. I can't say enough how good of a trade that was. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

What if he was?

Actually he carries the puck great, will park infront of the net,  is solid on forechecks, takes the puck to the net and has become pretty good defensively. None of which can be said for Hunt.

Gauthier carries the puck only to immediately lose possession. He’s not good at all.

If he was your nephew, disinherit him. Excommunicate him.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • VINNY! 1

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Break out the hard stuff too. Georgiev in goal.

What a truly awful decision.

I’d honestly think it puts to bed a trade involving Geo as well. I can’t imagine 24 hours before the trade deadline them playing him and risky pulling his groin when he gets deked out of his jock. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I’d honestly think it puts to bed a trade involving Geo as well. I can’t imagine 24 hours before the trade deadline them playing him and risky pulling his groin when he gets deked out of his jock. 

It should have been done over the summer. Now, it most definitely should

happen this coming summer. To me, it’s been really the only black eye on an otherwise impressive season. His attitude and inability to perform well as a backup has been my biggest gripe about the Rangers this season, and now, it looks like it’ll continue to be.

Just now, phillyb said:

What choice do they have though? Typically you give your backup one of the back-to-backs, you just happen to have TBL and CAR as your b2b games which sucks. 

Idk, I'm sure Shesty wants to start though, so idk...

It’s not though. There is no reason Shesterkin can’t play tonight and then give Georgiev the easier assignment in NJ on Tuesday.

• VINNY! 3
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s not though. There is no reason Shesterkin can’t play tonight and then give Georgiev the easier assignment in NJ on Tuesday.

Yeah seriously man, it's not like we're trying to nurse an aging Lundqvist or Brodeur through a season here. Shesty's young and surely capable of handling at least one back to back this season particularly against a tough opponent such as this. 

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Big sports day today:

F1 - Ferrari 1-2 win earlier

Red Bulls MLS - we went to the game and where decimated when our boys allowed Columbus to equalize in extra time. 
Mets - Lost

NYR - ??? We need a win tonight. 

Let’s go! Wings delivered. Beers chilled…we are set. 

And March Madness!

28 minutes ago, phillyb said:

What choice do they have though? Typically you give your backup one of the back-to-backs, you just happen to have TBL and CAR as your b2b games which sucks. 

Idk, I'm sure Shesty wants to start though, so idk...

The choice is to treat tonight like a back to back playoff game which happens from time to time. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1