• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Justin Braun From PHI for 3rd-Round Pick

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers Acquire Justin Braun From PHI for 3rd-Round Pick
Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

I don't get the lukewarm reception. Really solid defensive defenseman with plenty of playoff experience that'll end up in a 6/7 role. They paid almost nothing for him. 

Yup...One down, and 2 to go!

-3rd line center

-(Cheap) scoring RW

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

I don't get the lukewarm reception. Really solid defensive defenseman with plenty of playoff experience that'll end up in a 6/7 role. They paid almost nothing for him. Good acquisition. 

Yeah he's a solid player, would be perfect if he was a lefty.

It's good to have a backup for Schneider anyway, he's been good, but it's also been just 25 regular season games.

• VINNY! 1

I'm good with this, but I kinda hope he can play both side. I like the idea of a safety net for Schneider but they can't go in with Nemeth as a regular.

Schneider didn't have his best games over the weekend.

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I don't get the lukewarm reception. Really solid defensive defenseman with plenty of playoff experience that'll end up in a 6/7 role. They paid almost nothing for him. Good acquisition. 

I think the hesitance is he's a RHD and that means replacing Fox, Trouba, or Schneider. Schneider has played well, but I could see wanting more experience in that slot. Unless he plays both sides, we're still gonna see Nemeth and I don't think any of us want that. More moves to come, fingers crossed, that don't involve Schneider going the other way.