• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Andrew Copp From WPG for Morgan Barron and Two 2nd-Round Picks

Phil

3 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I guess it’s possible if they clear Nemeth’s contract over the summer or maybe even as part of a deal here if Chytil is involved. They can’t outright afford Copp and Strome (or another 2C) with just Chytil going out.

There are likely to be 4-5 players moving out who are on our cap and not playing. Hajek, Gauthier, Rooney, McKegg I expect them all to be gone along with Chytil and Nemeth.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

There are likely to be 4-5 players moving out who are on our cap and not playing. Hajek, Gauthier, Rooney, McKegg I expect them all to be gone along with Chytil and Nemeth.

Rooney has earned his keep; I dont know that he goes?

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I just don’t see any place for Chytil here after getting Copp.

Depth. He can play wing.

If he isn't the guy going back, here, then you can trade him in summer, but as playoff depth, he's aight.

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to Rangers Acquire Andrew Copp From WPG

Any of Chytil, Kravtsov or Lundqvist going the other way is fine by me.  Now get Copp signed.  

Lawton made a claim that the Jets are retaining salary which makes no sense being the Rangers don't need that.  He said look for a bigger deal because of the retention.  Any chance this deal is bigger than just Copp?  55 maybe?  that would be a wet dream 

1 minute ago, Capt said:

Any of Chytil, Kravtsov or Lundqvist going the other way is fine by me.  Now get Copp signed.  

Lawton made a claim that the Jets are retaining salary which makes no sense being the Rangers don't need that.  He said look for a bigger deal because of the retention.  Any chance this deal is bigger than just Copp?  55 maybe?  that would be a wet dream 

Minimal chance that happens. We have $10.7mil of cap space next season for Strome/2C replacement, Kakko, Blais, a backup goalie, and 2-3 more roster players.

3 minutes ago, Capt said:

Copp AND Lowry would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Minimal chance that happens. We have $10.7mil of cap space next season for Strome/2C replacement, Kakko, Blais, a backup goalie, and 2-3 more roster players.

Sign Copp and figure out someone else to go.  Even use Kakko as the basis for a trade to get Stromne's replacement.  

Just now, Capt said:

Sign Copp and figure out someone else to go.  Even use Kakko as the basis for a trade to get Stromne's replacement.  

Using Kakko as bait to trade for a Strome replacement would be a very Rangers thing to do.

Just now, Capt said:

Losing Kakko doesn't make space for a 2nd line center, especially if you sign Copp anywhere around his $3.7mil. You'd have to dump one of Trouba or Kreider to make a realistic amount of cap space. 

Just now, Capt said:

To be honest, if you got Copp at under 5m per for 3-4 years he already could be Stromes replacement and we improve faceoff wise