• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Andrew Copp From WPG for Morgan Barron and Two 2nd-Round Picks

Phil

Just now, Pete said:

Using Kakko as bait to trade for a Strome replacement would be a very Rangers thing to do.

Yes it would.  There are all kinds of moving parts to the cap.  Players become expendable when better players join your team.  I would rather keep Kakko but moves are going to happen and nobody should be untouchable.  

Just now, Keirik said:

Why? Quantify that, not just throw a statement 

Career high of 39 points, more of a north-south, physical and fast guy than a scoring center. Don't know if he meshes well with Panarin. Seems like he'd be better as the third in that trio with Strome/Panarin as a better Fast/Blackwell type than a true Strome replacement, and we're already tied up in cap space to risk that.

Just now, Dunny said:

Mieh. Not a lot of creativity, there 

Maybe, but production wise they are fairly close. I like Strome but  I hate his  faceoffs. Production wise they are a 10 point difference from each other, or in other words, a Panarin of a difference. 
im not suggesting 100% to do it, but if Strome prices himself out?

I love the Copp acquisition. But his true value is as a 3C IMO. I view him more there than on a 2nd line. Brings more to the table in that role as a defensive presence who can chip in offensively than in a primary scoring role centering someone like Panarin.

A 3rd line with Goodrow, Vatrano and Copp is solid as hell.

1 minute ago, Capt said:

Yes it would.  There are all kinds of moving parts to the cap.  Players become expendable when better players join your team.  I would rather keep Kakko but moves are going to happen and nobody should be untouchable.  

Yeah but that career high is in 56 games. Unless he flops here he’s going to surpass that and if he flops, it’s an easy decision to walk away anyway

Copp as a third line staple is great as your second line center not so much.  Copp will define a role for himself here, pretty quickly too.  Drury seems to building a team not just collecting talent.  It's great to see who he targeted.  Hopefully that means something when dealing with the cap next year.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Being a good 3rd liner doesn't make you a 2nd liner.

Worked well for Strome who perennial had 35 point seasons, sans his first full year, until he found a guy named Artemi.

I’m not sure we can just dismiss it so easily. That’s all.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1