• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks' Trade for Dadonov Reversed Due to No-Trade Issue

Phil

Despite the Anaheim Ducks and Vegas Golden Knights agreeing to a trade involving Evgenii Dadonov, the deal appears to be in limbo because of issues with his no-trade clause

The Golden Knights released a statement saying they “have become aware of an issue with respect to the [Dadonov] trade” and are consulting with the league office.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/dadonov-trade-to-ducks-in-limbo-as-no-trade-clause-was-not-submitted/sn-amp/

7 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Really curious what happens if the trade is disallowed. Would Vegas have cap issues if it is denied? Potentially facing significant penalties?

I think that's exactly what will happen. They'll go into non compliance and have multiple draft picks seized by the league.

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I feel like Ottawa should be punished for this. Are Vegas still below the cap?

I m finding it hard to believe Vegas, who Dadonov has been on for the entire season, had no idea of a no trade clause on his contract when even websites list it.  Every GM in the league knows each of their players and their contract details. I don’t doubt a list wasn’t fully submitted on accident, but there is no way any GM of caliber wouldn’t look into it rather than try to pull a trade and claim innocence 

28 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I m finding it hard to believe Vegas, who Dadonov has been on for the entire season, had no idea of a no trade clause on his contract when even websites list it.  Every GM in the league knows each of their players and their contract details. I don’t doubt a list wasn’t fully submitted on accident, but there is no way any GM of caliber wouldn’t look into it rather than try to pull a trade and claim innocence 

I guess I just rather not trust the guy who just spent a 3rd round pick to acquire Hamonic 😆

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, Keirik said:

28 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

They aren't questioning if there was NTC, it's which teams were on it. Apparently Vegas and Anaheim were both on it, he waived to go to Vegas but didn't forfeit his right to block Anaheim.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

They aren't questioning if there was NTC, it's which teams were on it. Apparently Vegas and Anaheim were both on it, he waived to go to Vegas but didn't forfeit his right to block Anaheim.

OK I'll clarify. I'm saying there is no way any GM wouldn't do the homework to find out what the teams on his no trade list were before initiating a trade. If they believed it was expired, not filed properly, etc, then it's even more so on the GM to confirm in the first place. It was a cap dump so it's on the GM to verify EVERYTHING here. 

30 minutes ago, Morphinity said:

A lot of bad information in this thread...

Here's an authoritative source:

There was old information, and now there's new information.

Thanks for posting. 🍻

According to Marek's podcast, someone on Vegas thought that the protection expired when he was traded there, but someone else on Vegas received Dadonov's list and acknowledged to the agent it was received earlier this year.

Edited by Pete

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I thiught trades can still happen after the deadline but they aren't eligible to play in the postseason only?  

Apparently a misconception. CF just clarified this only applies to UFA signings, not trades.

• Thanks 1