• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — New Players, Same Me

3 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I think I agree with all of that right this instant. I just like to keep the options open, and one of those is based on Chytil really showing some worth down the stretch and in the playoffs. I think his strengths are built for playoff hockey.

Sure, and I'm OK with that. They chose not to deal him. They're going to ride this out a while longer to see what they have. I'm fine with that. I think part of the philosophy in getting who they got was the ability to play multiple forward positions for exactly this reason. It lets them experiment down the stretch to see what works and what doesn't. But they're effectively on the clock starting now. They have, in essence, a calendar year to figure out what they are doing with him.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Sure, and I'm OK with that. They chose not to deal him. They're going to ride this out a while longer to see what they have. I'm fine with that. I think part of the philosophy in getting who they got was the ability to play multiple forward positions for exactly this reason. It lets them experiment down the stretch to see what works and what doesn't. But they're effectively on the clock starting now. They have, in essence, a calendar year to figure out what they are doing with him.

I like my roster options like my Thanksgiving sides. Plentiful. I hear Drury is a fan of the holidays too.

• LOL 1

Is Gallant really playing Copp at wing? He sure as shiy better be taking faceoffs at thr very least. But why cater to Chytil here ? Let Chyitl play wing. If he's going to be pedestrian regardless at least let him do it from wing where it hurts us less.

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Is Gallant really playing Copp at wing? He sure as shiy better be taking faceoffs at thr very least. But why cater to Chytil here ? Let Chyitl play wing. If he's going to be pedestrian regardless at least let him do it from wing where it hurts us less.

They have time to experiment. It's fine. As I understand it, Copp has played wing quite a bit this yea with Scheifele and Ehlers.

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I've been going through lineup postings for the Jets via this Jets reporter on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MitchellClinton.

Copp has been playing 3LW with Lowry at 3C. I went back through Feburary.

Just now, Phil said:

They have time to experiment. It's fine. As I understand it, Copp has played wing quite a bit this yea with Scheifele and Ehlers.

I guess? Bit thr Chytil experiment has been ongoing for years. Even this year it continues. At some point you can try every chemical compound but you aren't getting gold out of poo.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I guess? Bit thr Chytil experiment has been ongoing for years. Even this year it continues. At some point you can try every chemical compound but you aren't getting gold out of poo.

In spite of Phil's very correct point about 5 seasons, 300 NHL games, I'd be willing to bet that there is a team willing to say "ZOMG 22 YEAR OLD 1ST ROUND PICK CENTER" and give us another mid-six C or a piece that better fits our needs than Chytil does in the offseason.

6 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Shiny new toys tonight, I hope 👀

New for us, remaining to be seen just how shiny they'll be. Turk will probably need couple games to place them where they'll be contributing the most.

Drury did good for now, don't quote me weeks later... 😉

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I've been going through lineup postings for the Jets via this Jets reporter on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MitchellClinton.

Copp has been playing 3LW with Lowry at 3C. I went back through Feburary.

That means absolutely nothing to me though. Copp is a center. I odntcsre what other positions he CAN play when they are moving him for a guy who CAN'T play. We are paying 2.3m cap hit for a 20 ppint player that's regressing. We upgraded depth largely because guys like Chytil suck so much and add nothing on a daily basis. 

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

In spite of Phil's very correct point about 5 seasons, 300 NHL games, I'd be willing to bet that there is a team willing to say "ZOMG 22 YEAR OLD 1ST ROUND PICK CENTER" and give us another mid-six C or a piece that better fits our needs than Chytil does in the offseason.

I hope so but the fact that the most sense would have been Chytil for Copp in tjrnfirst place and that never happened has me worried more GMs are seeing what our organization doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

That means absolutely nothing to me though. Copp is a center. I odntcsre what other positions he CAN play when they are moving him for a guy who CAN'T play. We are paying 2.3m cap hit for a 20 ppint player that's regressing. We upgraded depth largely because guys like Chytil suck so much and add nothing on a daily basis. 

It should mean something if he's been playing the position for the last 2 months, maybe longer. It means he's comfortable there too and maybe he should stay there when joining a new team just yesterday. The lineup can always be changed, and it may even be changed in game if it's obvious something isn't working. Seems like a mountain being made out of a molehill here.

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Chytil is still the 3rd line center at the trading deadline next year does that mean I have to hear about Yanni Gourde for 3 months again?

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

You're lucky I'm not making it tonight !

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

You forgot about the 3-4 months this summer to talk about Gourde. Off-season move!

Hey!!!  That's our guy!!  LOL

Yeah dude, and by the way, I'll be there @6:30....you wanna get a table, or sit at the bar again?

oh and this:

National Hockey League Sport GIF by Seattle Kraken

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

It should mean something if he's been playing the position for the last 2 months, maybe longer. It means he's comfortable there too and maybe he should stay there when joining a new team just yesterday. The lineup can always be changed, and it may even be changed in game if it's obvious something isn't working. Seems like a mountain being made out of a molehill here.

What is Copp going to say joining a team ? No I only want to play center ? He already said he's more comfortable at C and by the fact he takes 500-600 faceoffs per year. He's a natural center. Meanwhile Chytil has like 5 goals since October but let's make sure he's comfortable. 

I want them to re-sign Copp before puck drop just so I never have to hear the name Gourde again.

On a related note, that guy has the most punchable face in the NHL, bar none:

yanni-gourde-2022-8981.jpg

I'm not even on the ice and all I can think about is caving it in.

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I hope so but the fact that the most sense would have been Chytil for Copp in tjrnfirst place and that never happened has me worried more GMs are seeing what our organization doesn't. 

I'm not sure this is the best way to look at the trade. Chytil is an NHL player. He's frustrating for his draft position, but he can clearly play an NHL game of some kind, and in spite of his tenure, is still quite young. We got Copp for 2 late 2nds and a 5th. The cumulative likelihood of those three picks playing 100 NHL games is probably around 50%. The likelihood of one of those picks being a player for 100 NHL games is around 30%. And if the pick upgrades - are we complaining that we made the ECF?

Chytil is far more valuable than the mystery box of draft picks between 52 and 64.

• VINNY! 2

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I want them to re-sign Copp before puck drop just so I never have to hear the name Gourde again.

On a related note, that guy has the most punchable face in the NHL, bar none:

yanni-gourde-2022-8981.jpg

I'm not even on the ice and all I can think about is caving it in.

I'm fine with keeping Copp. He's Gourde lite. Perfect for me. 

• VINNY! 1