• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — New Players, Same Me

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

That means absolutely nothing to me though. Copp is a center. I odntcsre what other positions he CAN play when they are moving him for a guy who CAN'T play. We are paying 2.3m cap hit for a 20 ppint player that's regressing. We upgraded depth largely because guys like Chytil suck so much and add nothing on a daily basis. 

Game day form, I see 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can we call it a board narrative if it's supported by fact? No, we just call it fact, and move on.

Eh, in this case, both things are true at once. There is a narrative here that Chytil sucks and it's supported by stagnating offensive production and the eye test of many.

• VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Eh, in this case, both things are true at once. There is a narrative here that Chytil sucks and it's supported by stagnating offensive production and the eye test of many.

Not the first to say it, but I think Chytil's future in NY will be determined in the next 2 months. It's going to be sink or swim and I hope he's packing some water wings.

• Applause 2

Just now, josh said:

2 good months from Chytil isnt going to be enough to displace 3 seasons of proven Strome

Correct, but the two aren't competing for the same role. Chytil and Copp are, and Copp's performance may very well end up serving as an audition for backfilling Strome's role.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Phil said:

Correct, but the two aren't competing for the same role. Chytil and Copp are, and Copp's performance may very well end up serving as an audition for backfilling Strome's role.

This season, probably not. Next season, yes, they're all in competition for a middle 6 spot, whether C or W.

9 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Not the first to say it, but I think Chytil's future in NY will be determined in the next 2 months. It's going to be sink or swim and I hope he's packing some water wings.

I'd throw him an anchor just to finish up the 4 year slow death 

• LMFAO 2

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can we call it a board narrative if it's supported by fact? No, we just call it fact, and move on.

What’s Chytil’s production rate per 60 at 5v5 and where does it rank amongst Rangers forwards? What about xGF%? What’s his shot percentage compared to his career average (is he potentially snakebitten)?

Chytil deserves some critique, especially given where this team is at in terms of competing, but the board’s obsessive Chytil bashing is a good example of hive mind.

13 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

What’s Chytil’s production rate per 60 at 5v5 and where does it rank amongst Rangers forwards? What about xGF%? What’s his shot percentage compared to his career average (is he potentially snakebitten)?

Chytil deserves some critique, especially given where this team is at in terms of competing, but the board’s obsessive Chytil bashing is a good example of hive mind.

And what percentage of the crowd at the rock tonight is ranger fans wearing liberty jerseys?

13 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

But none of that would change that he's under performing here and regressing in terms of production. We can try to look inside the numbers for a silver lining but he's played the 3rd most games in this league from his draft year and is being out performed by most outside of Nolan Patrick. 4th year in the league and there just isn't a large stretch over most of that time where you can hang your hat on to say he's finally "getting it."

And considering what they actually get from him, he is vastly overpaid too. 

• VINNY! 2

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If they replace Chytil, Nemeth & Georgiev with players making less than a million can they afford Copp & Strome?

The short answer is they might if they trade Kakko, but it would be super close. Might not be enough. Outside shot Kakko is dealt, but unlikely. Or they need to trade one of the bigger contracts (Kreider, Trouba, Panarin?). I would think the chances are pretty nil on any of those guys moving.

51 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I mean, so is the Strome bashing, but it doesn't seem to stop anyone.

You think you want Strome gone? No one wants him gone more than me...Fighting the constant campaign of disinformation is exhausting. Especially for a player who's production is right there in front of us, we don't have to look into his shooting percentage in away games against goalies who's names start with consonants and catch backwards. 😅

That said, when I'm being hyperbolic I'll say he sucks, for brevity. In serious discussions I just say the same thing over and over...He has no role on the team, because he doesn't.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, josh said:

2 good months from Chytil isnt going to be enough to displace 3 seasons of proven Strome

No, it won't. But Chytil has been hard to nail down because long stretches of of busy futility are punctuated by short stretches of appearing to start to really get it, which seem have more than once been cut short by injury. But it's all been regular season stuff and they haven't had better options to use. If he doesn't distinguish himself in the playoffs not only won't he be 2C, Drury may decide the experiment has run its course. It's just a different test of mettle.