• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — New Players, Same Me

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's no one to do it. Reavo isn't gonna. There's no one else. 

Then what is Reavo here for?  

Vatrano/Motte/Hunt have jam, crash the net, cause some trouble....Trouba line someone up, which can lead to a scrum....Lindgren can muck it up.  

And im not necessarily talking about gooning it up, but throw some big body checks, pound the defensemen, crash then net, a face wash here and there.....if a fight breaks out, then that's a bonus.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

8 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Goat and his 3 goals would have made a huge difference

How many does Hunt have again? Top 6 minutes.  Use perspective and look who plays over him and their results. I prefer chances and setting screens over... the absolute nothing Hunt brings to a hockey game. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Then what is Reavo here for?  

Vatrano/Motte/Hunt have jam, crash the net, cause some trouble....Trouba line someone up, which can lead to a scrum....Lindgren can muck it up.  

Yea...I dunno. My feelings on that are, in order:

1. Never wanted Reaves

2. Vatrano and Motte don't care about hits to Reavo and Blais, they've been here 5 minutes

3. Trouba and Lindgren yes, but they'd have to travel pretty far to get to Subban.

Interesting the most favored "give him the C" Kreider wasn't mentioned and had a pretty quiet game overall, aside for garbage time goal. 

Alright. Tonight’s a big disappointment and a lost opportunity.  It’s over, I got to bitch about it. (Thank you.)  Time to move on and just hope it’s a one off serves as ab object lesson about whether this team is good enough to take a night off on the ice.  Embarrassment can be a good motivator.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yea...I dunno. My feelings on that are, in order:

1. Never wanted Reaves

2. Vatrano and Motte don't care about hits to Reavo and Blais, they've been here 5 minutes

3. Trouba and Lindgren yes, but they'd have to travel pretty far to get to Subban.

Interesting the most favored "give him the C" Kreider wasn't mentioned and had a pretty quiet game overall, aside for garbage time goal. 

My biggest problem with Kreider is the bonehead pass back shorthanded to a handcuffed Ziby. Thats criminal for our longest tenured Ranger and guy that should know damn better than that. For as shitty of a second it was, we just scored and we’re within two. Just shoot the fucking puck 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How many does Hunt have again? Top 6 minutes.  Use perspective and look who plays over him and their results. I prefer chances and setting screens over... the absolute nothing Hunt brings to a hockey game. 

Hunt brings a little more nothing than Gauthier nothing,is that better said?

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's not the 80's early 90's. I wish it was too.

They flat out laid down like dogs, not excuses, they jumped out 2-0 and could of run away (and should of) and hid. Away game with 70% our crowd, could of been a curb stomping.  Goes to show you on any given night we can beat anybody but are also capable of a dog shit performance too. 

While Panarin has continued to put up points this season, add another vote to there's something going on (even prior to tonight). 

Edited by jsrangers

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

I don't see any way you trade for Copp and not out him exactly where he fits perfectly right now. Gallant is too good of a coach to not. 

A good coach I guess, but not too good for that.

8 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Unfortunately it's not the 80's early 90's. I wish it was too.

They flat out laid down like dogs, not excuses, they jumped out 2-0 and could of run away (and should of) and hid. Away game with 70% our crowd, could of been a curb stomping.  Goes to show you on any given night we can beat anybody but are also capable of a dog shit performance too. 

While Panarin has continued to put up points this season, add another vote to there's something going on (even prior to tonight). 

Looked like they got a 2-0 and stopped respecting the opponent and thought they could mail it in; lazy BS overpassing, not taking the body i/f/o both nets. Never gonna mistake this team for Tortarella's 2012 black&blue squad, but they're at their worst when they forget the basics. 

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would've called one at 3-2 before it got to that point.

Yeah, me too. Up 2-0 and then they score 3 in under 5 minutes. Division rival, away game. Take a timeout, tell everyone to get their heads out of their asses and let the crowd cool down a bit. And give Shesty a breather.

Galant, together with the entire team, didn't have a good game.

• Keeps it 100 1