• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — New Players, Same Me

Simply fucking atrocious!!  After a glorious 1st period, and getting visions of a playoff run that could be magical, the clock strikes 12 and we get a performance worthy of a dumpster fire.

Flat out; that was Shesty's worst effort I've seen.  But hey, the guy was overdue for a stinker.  He's basically saved this team's ass all season.  The rest have no excuse.  They were downright worthy of a barf bag!

........And here are the Top 12 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by...ahh fuck it ....no sponsor is going for that puke we watched.

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

I think trivia is Girardi and Roszival

Nice job, man!! 

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

A center playing center! WHAT IS THIS EVEN!?

13 hours ago, Karan said:

Man, it's so good to see Staalsy playing center with that tinted visor. 

12 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

What the hell just happened.  Got out of my truck, checked the mail, it was 2-0.  Get int the house and now it is 3-2.  Who the hell told the Devils they could score?????  Now as I type this, 4-2.  WTF????

12 hours ago, josh said:

Abortions aren’t this messy and disappointing. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Braun and Nemeth are an awesome pair 

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Bitetto was the glue

11 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Putin put a hit out on Panarin or something?

11 hours ago, josh said:

Misspelled vagina 

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

Long overdue, but it's time for whiskey.  Leave this one in the swamp where it belongs.

11 hours ago, br-avery said:

Gauthier would have almost scored a goal tonight

11 hours ago, Phil said:

They gave up seven goals against and you think a depth scoring winger was going to fix this? Lemme guess, Fat Kessel?

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to The G Man @G1000.  You got it, my man!!!  This one is best left on the cutting room floor!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

For the record:  RJ called a timeout for us, like 5 times at the bar...that's why Gallant didn't have to.  LOL

What a fucking mess last night!  Jesus! 

What happened to the team that left the ice after the first period??? 

I'm sitting there thinking, "Holy shit!  This team looks great!!  We're gonna be a force in the playoffs!!!"

Yeah huh??

• VINNY! 1

36 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

They’ve had numerous instances this season where they’ve just collapsed and given up multiple goals in super short periods of time…

Maybe I have missed this but, has Gallant called his time out in any of these instances?

Yeah he's done it successfully a couple times this season.

I don't know. Maybe he was just as surprised as we were over that 2nd period. Maybe this was his way to teach them a lesson. Can't rely on a timeout and the coach to wake them up every game. I guess he wanted to see who, if anyone, would step up and turn things around.

My takeaways from this disaster (and I'm not as in tune to some of the finer stuff as some of you are, I'm learning but not quite there yet):

- New guys looked good and will need a game or two to get their feet under them, all are welcome additions.

- Seems like after a back to back or 3 games in 4 days type deal, it's that second period where the fatigue sets in.

- Trap game? That Pit game on Friday is alot more important than this one was.

- Fox/Lindgren don't look the same as they did a few months ago. Fox is still hurt and Lindgren is dinged up too.

- Panarin is dinged too, went off the ice after that collision, played a few shifts and went off again. Concussion?

- Second time in the last few weeks Igor has been pulled, and not the first time he's let them in in bunches (granted not all his fault), either he's getting worn down or reading too much of his own press.

- Don't understand benching Laffy (or Hunt for that matter) that game was lost, just get him some minutes. Reaves I can see, as he's pretty much useless.

- 82 games, there's bound to be a stinker or two, we have been/will be on the other side of it.  It happens, move on.

• Cheers 2

In a way I'm glad they had that brutal loss playing like shit. Not sure if it was just excitement from the deadline or taking their foot of the gas with all the new guys in the line up.

I'd be a lot more disappointed if they got blown out by the fucking Devils while playing solid hockey. 

17 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between this dissalowed goal and the two goals we've had against in the last 3 games where the players poke at Igor's pads so the puck that's locked in his pads drifts into the net?

nothing its more bullshit engineering

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between this dissalowed goal and the two goals we've had against in the last 3 games where the players poke at Igor's pads so the puck that's locked in his pads drifts into the net?

The goal by Point in Tampa isn't remotely similar. You can argue there should've been a whistle, but the puck gets poked in when Shesterkin opens up from his butterfly to look for the puck. That's completely legal.

Graves' goal last night isn't as clear. Tatar's stick pokes into Shesterkin's pads which causes him to open up and the puck to trickle through. It would be better to tell how loose the puck was with an in-goal cam. 

Where the Graves goal differs from the Wild goal is intent. Tatar is poking for the puck whereas Strome's intent seems to be hyperextending Talbot's pad/leg as opposed to attempting to score. One is impeding the goalie while the other is attempting to score.

• Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

56 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Joe and Sam seemed to be giving the devils way too much praise.They're great announcers but lets be real,The Rangers stopped playing and devils took advantage.

They always do.  The Devils and Islanders have separate feeds and homer announcers.  There is no need for Sam and Joe to suck up to them.

• Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

They always do.  The Devils and Islanders have separate feeds and homer announcers.  There is no need for Sam and Joe to suck up to them.

I actually prefer that Sam and Joe aren't absolute homers. They're typically knowledgeable about other teams and players which makes for varied commentary. They sometimes overdo it, but how well can you speak of your own team when they absolutely implode. It's not like they have the ability to rip on them on a Dolan-owned network.

Do you really need to hear your announcers just pumping your team's tires under any and all circumstances? That's boring to me. I'd hate to have the Bruins or Penguins announcers who just whine in favor of their team.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Do you really need to hear your announcers just pumping your team's tires under any and all circumstances? That's boring to me. I'd hate to have the Bruins or Penguins announcers who just whine in favor of their team.

Having to watch the other teams broadcast in 90% of the away games, there's nothing worse than this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I actually prefer that Sam and Joe aren't absolute homers. They're typically knowledgeable about other teams and players which makes for varied commentary. They sometimes overdo it, but how well can you speak of your own team when they absolutely implode. It's not like they have the ability to rip on them on a Dolan-owned network.

Butch Goring anyone??  LOL

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Karan said:

In a way I'm glad they had that brutal loss playing like shit. Not sure if it was just excitement from the deadline or taking their foot of the gas with all the new guys in the line up.

I'd be a lot more disappointed if they got blown out by the fucking Devils while playing solid hockey. 

Agreed. Sometimes you need a bad loss to recalibrate and refocus. Now you just throw out the tape from last night, get back to practice, and try to take out frustration on the pens on friday

Edited by I am Scags
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, I am Scags said:

Agreed. Sometimes you need a bad loss to recalibrate and refocus. Now you just throw out the tape from last night, get back to practice, and try to take out frustration on the pens on friday

That was a "bad loss"? It was more likely they were bitch-slapped for two periods by the NJD....

8 hours ago, Karan said:

What was the trivia question? Missed the entire 1st and only started watching the 2nd onwards (sorry I probably shouldn't have bothered eh). 

Q: What number did Kravtsov wear?

A: Check the scoreboard

12 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I actually prefer that Sam and Joe aren't absolute homers.

I agree.  Most, but not all, of the opposition announcers are obnoxious homers, and Sam and Joe's typical approach is a good balance between sympathy for the Rangers and respect for the opposition.  It just seems that Sam and Joe feel somehow compelled to fawn over the Islanders and Devils more than they do other opposition squads.  

Edited by Sod16

4 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I agree.  Most, but not all, of the opposition announcers are obnoxious homers, and Sam and Joe's typical approach is a good balance between sympathy for the Rangers and respect for the opposition.  It just seems that Sam and Joe feel somehow compelled to fawn over the Islanders and Devils more than they do other opposition squads.  

That IS sympathy for the Rangers. They have to reconcile why the Rangers are whipping those teams, so they just talk about how good they are to justify why the Rangers aren't beating the piss out of them. 

20 hours ago, Karan said:

What was the trivia question? Missed the entire 1st and only started watching the 2nd onwards (sorry I probably shouldn't have bothered eh). 

Last time the Rangers had 2 defensemen score 10+ goals in same season.

Answer was 2007-2008 with Rozsival (13) and Girardi (10).

• Thanks 1