• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins — What the Chicken Mean?

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I don't need to see McKegg or Gauthier anymore. K, thanks.

It’s really a lot of addition by subtraction. We were really thin up front all year it’s an actual miracle we didn’t miss the playoffs with roughly three lines of hockey players.

Just now, Valriera said:

It’s really a lot of addition by subtraction. We were really thin up front all year it’s an actual miracle we didn’t miss the playoffs with roughly three lines of hockey players.

Yes. This team has done a great job of bouncing back this season anyway.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I don't need to see McKegg or Gauthier anymore. K, thanks.

McKegg yes. I think Gauthier could potentially see reps on the right of Motte/Brodz, rather than Hunt or Reaves. It'd be quite a lot of speed and quite interesting to watch to be honest.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

McKegg yes. I think Gauthier could potentially see reps on the right of Motte/Brodz, rather than Hunt or Reaves. It'd be quite a lot of speed and quite interesting to watch to be honest.

Yeah that's true. Hunt isn't great anyway and why is Reaves even here anymore now? lol But, their depth is so good now and Kakko will be back. It will be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Remember when everyone was pissed at Dolan for firing guys after we were shown to be easy to steamroll? 

How ya like us now?!?!!

Gorton sat on his hands too much. We probably could have been some version of this last year if he didn't do absolutely zilch the offseason before, other than lose a good player in Fast over pennies.

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

encourage cheer up GIF

Was looking for a cheer up gif. But I came across this. It's kinda unbeatable. 

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Remember when everyone was pissed at Dolan for firing guys after we were shown to be easy to steamroll? 

How ya like us now?!?!!

I wasn't mad about it then and I'm definitely not now. I still wish JD was here, though, but water under the bridge.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Applause 1

Big ups to Coach tonight. These were some interesting line moves. I liked it when I saw it, but I don't think anyone saw that kind of shakeup coming. Copp to 2RW, Laf back to 3LW, Reaves out, etc. Whatever he saw between games to get this combination together is off to a great start. Early indications say he pulled the right moves getting all of these pieces in the right spot.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 3
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Gorton sat on his hands too much. We probably could have been some version of this last year if he didn't do absolutely zilch the offseason before, other than lose a good player in Fast over pennies.

I will say this. He was just so overly committed to youth to a flaw.  He was way too overly concerned with not taking away playing tie, to youth over anything and everything else. What we are now is so much more ergonomic. 

15 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I will say this. He was just so overly committed to youth to a flaw.  He was way too overly concerned with not taking away playing tie, to youth over anything and everything else. What we are now is so much more ergonomic. 

Ironic because I thought Quinn was the opposite. Gorton wound up tossing Fast away and Quinn basically gave the ice time to Colin Blackwell lol

Anyway, happy with the guys we got leading the team now. Drury doing a great job so far. Not perfect, but pretty close to it. Same with Gallant.

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Ironic because I thought Quinn was the opposite. Gorton wound up tossing Fast away and Quinn basically gave the ice time to Colin Blackwell lol

Anyway, happy with the guys we got leading the team now. Drury doing a great job so far. Not perfect, but pretty close to it. Same with Gallant.

Well I’m just going on the fact that it didn’t seem like Gorton was very interested in obtaining guys that had roles or were situational players. He just seemed to want to throw young guy after young guy and just figure there’s no point trying to get a role player when we aren’t committing to compete.

he does have a big hand in our success now but I don’t think he would have made this offseason leap of toughness or even coach that consists of win now.