• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres — Time for a Cinematic Performance

10 minutes ago, Keirik said:

We always buy Sony so we pay a bit more just for the name but IIRC, it was a tad under 3k in or around January when our last one died. Got it at Best Buy. 

Wow. That is a LOT more for the name, but I'm sure it's worth it. Seeing LGs and Samsungs at just around 1300-1700 which are good. But I'm a Sony fan boy. Looks like I gotta wait on that purchase.  Congrats on getting what you want!

4 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Hot take: I hope he’s not in NY for us to see it happen. I’d consider moving him this summer to free up cap space.

Something like Lindgren for Gavrikov at 50%. Saves $1.6M in cap space and gives you someone who can actually play top matchups at least for next season. Lindgren has lost his touch.

I’m fine with that. I suggested it also a few days ago but I’d do it moreso to keep another forward like Copp and Strome since I’d really like the depth issue to end .

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Agreed, becoming very middle of the road and propped up by Fox. Guy is a warrior who lays it all out for us. But at $3mil cap hit, I could see him moved and one of our LHD prospects given a chance. Jones, Robertson, not sure if Reunanen has a future. 

I wouldn’t replace him with a prospect outright hence the Gavrikov suggestion. You’d get a quality defender in a stopgap role while you’re still down $3.5M in dead cap hit from buyouts and in a cap crunch. The $1.6M in savings you get from Gavrikov at 50% could be the difference in keeping some role players or getting a better 2C.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Drew a Penalty said:

I wouldn’t replace him with a prospect outright hence the Gavrikov suggestion. You’d get a quality defender in a stopgap role while you’re still down $3.5M in dead cap hit from buyouts and in a cap crunch. The $1.6M in savings you get from Gavrikov at 50% could be the difference in keeping some role players or getting a better 2C.

Ah gotcha. I meant for the last year of the contract and not necessarily next season

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Wow. That is a LOT more for the name, but I'm sure it's worth it. Seeing LGs and Samsungs at just around 1300-1700 which are good. But I'm a Sony fan boy. Looks like I gotta wait on that purchase.  Congrats on getting what you want!

We did go higher end of the spectrum so there is that too . I think it was the Z series