• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Strome Out With Undisclosed Lower-Body Injury

Phil

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm wondering if that injury was lingering for a little bit before he went out of the lineup, Josh.  He kinda just disappeared without any real sign that he got hurt in a game.  I don't remember seeing him down on the ice, or a shot of him in pain on the bench.

Rumor is Kakkos feelings got hurt while reading BSBH and he has been in counseling trying to get the courage to lace em up once again. (The brace/cast is all a ruse.)

• LMFAO 1

Just now, jsm7302 said:

Rumor is Kakkos feelings got hurt while reading BSBH and he has been in counseling trying to get the courage to lace em up once again. (The brace/cast is all a ruse.)

If Kakko's that damaged, Chytil must be in mental traction!!!  LOL

1 minute ago, josh said:

They both have a career best of 23 points.

Yes and Kakko has had the benefit of more minutes and top 6 linemates on many occasions. Red carpet treatment because be was #2.

Anyway, I’m talking about flashes of explosiveness on ice. Chytil is faster, stronger (even at 20), better shot. Kakko is a better defender and at contesting pucks for possession.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

Yes and Kakko has had the benefit of more minutes and top 6 linemates on many occasions. Red carpet treatment because be was #2.

Anyway, I’m talking about flashes of explosiveness on ice. Chytil is faster, stronger (even at 20), better shot. Kakko is a better defender and at contesting pucks for possession.

flashes of explosiveness mean nothing when you are in your 5th season and havent topped 23 points.

• VINNY! 3
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Gauthier has flashes of explosiveness and he may be the 2nd worst player on the team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, josh said:

flashes of explosiveness mean nothing when you are in your 5th season and havent topped 23 points.

That’s too minimalistic of a recap when you don’t consider games played. Or I can say Chytil has outscored Kakko this year 😝

But I agree production matters more than flashes. That’s why I’m not tied to either of them, nor do I view Kakko as untouchable.

It's all about how much risk you're willing to take walking away from young players, but I would be willing to bet that Kakko > Chytil by the time Kakko is in his 5th season. He just seems to be a much more intelligent player. He knows what to do, situational. Chytil is like...who the fuck knows what he's doing?

• VINNY! 1