• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#67) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins — "We're Ugly and We're Proud!" - The Penguins (Probably)

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

The year we went to the finals we were 45-31-6

thus far this year we are 43-19-5 

14/15 we had 53. Most wins in franchise history (52 in 93/94 pre shootout).

15 more games right? Outside chance of matching a franchise record or at least get close. Wild. 

It's quietly been a great year.

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

Well we can clearly beat this team in the playoffs and probably Washington too. Carolina, not so much, but I’m happy to win a round this year and call it a day. Great experience for the team.

I don’t think I’m all in on the belief train yet but this team has all the ingredients so I guess why can’t they win? All it is going to take against the best teams is igor stealing one more game than their goalie. Could happen with Carolina. 

Trouba has really graduated to monster level this season. Actively happy to have him and his contract on the team this year.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Copp is obviously integrating well with the Rangers.  He now won't shoot, just like the rest of them.

I don't think his shot is all that great.

Copp is very useful, and I'm thrilled to have him, but it's been pretty easy to pick out his offensive limitations, so far, points aside.

• Cheers 1

last 6 games:

W vs Tampa
W vs Carolina
L vs Devils

W vs Pens
W vs Buffalo
W vs Pens

The "can't beat good team" narrative is dead now. Shesterkin didn't have to steal any of these games (althought Geo stole the one vs Canes), the 5v5 play has been a lot better and we're finally getting depth scoring.

Igor has obviously been amazing and carried the team through some rough games, but I have to give credz to Drury and Galant. Every time we notice something bad or something that needs to be adjusted, they get it done. The improvement from game to game is obvious to see. The way the team never gives up or very rarely shits the bed (fuck Devils) like they used to do all the time before. No more goals in the first or last minute of the game, a lot less stupid penalties.

I just feel like this team is always ready to play, something that was rarely the case under Quinn. They go into every game believing they can win and they just keeps on going no matter what happens during the game.

Still a long way to go, but this team really makes you believe, and I guess that's all we can hope for at the moment. Bring on the playoffs!

11 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

last 6 games:

W vs Tampa
W vs Carolina
L vs Devils

W vs Pens
W vs Buffalo
W vs Pens

The "can't beat good team" narrative is dead now. Shesterkin didn't have to steal any of these games (althought Geo stole the one vs Canes), the 5v5 play has been a lot better and we're finally getting depth scoring.

Igor has obviously been amazing and carried the team through some rough games, but I have to give credz to Drury and Galant. Every time we notice something bad or something that needs to be adjusted, they get it done. The improvement from game to game is obvious to see. The way the team never gives up or very rarely shits the bed (fuck Devils) like they used to do all the time before. No more goals in the first or last minute of the game, a lot less stupid penalties.

I just feel like this team is always ready to play, something that was rarely the case under Quinn. They go into every game believing they can win and they just keeps on going no matter what happens during the game.

Still a long way to go, but this team really makes you believe, and I guess that's all we can hope for at the moment. Bring on the playoffs!

Yea it's almost like plugging the holes by adding to the depth, getting a RW or 2 who can score, and playing better at 5v5 made a difference!

If only people pointed it out sooner. 

• LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yea it's almost like plugging the holes by adding to the depth, getting a RW or 2 who can score, and playing better at 5v5 made a difference!

I think everyone pointed it out, just that some people like to beat the dead horse more than others 😉

Seriously tho, everyone saw the holes in the lineup and knew it would be adressed at the deadline. I'm just saying Galant and Drury did a good job with it. They could've aquired 2-3 other players that wouldn't fit in as nicely.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think everyone pointed it out, just that some people like to beat the dead horse more than others 😉

Seriously tho, everyone saw the holes in the lineup and knew it would be adressed at the deadline. I'm just saying Galant and Drury did a good job with it. They could've aquired 2-3 other players that wouldn't fit in as nicely.

I hear you. It's just important nuance to realize that's THIS team can beat good teams and the pre deadline version not so much. 

I mean they only had to flip a quarter of the team to break the stigma...seems like that's worth noting. 

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hear you. It's just important nuance to realize that's THIS team can beat good teams and the pre deadline version not so much. 

I mean they only had to flip a quarter of the team to break the stigma...seems like that's worth noting. 

Quarter of the forwards - our d is the envy of the nhl

If you missed last night's game, you missed a beauty!!!  A really solid road win for the boys in blue!!  The top lines are now forming an identity; we have the "Bread and Butter" line, the "Turd Line", and now our newest sensation, "Frankie V & The Bro-mance"!!!

........And here are the Top 11 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Don Murdoch, who would like to remind us all that, "He wasn't into Cocaine...he just liked the way it smelled!!!"

13 hours ago, Pete said:

I disagree, clearly it's a roh noh game.

13 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

You were my first thought, won’t lie. Lol.

12 hours ago, fletch said:

I'm getting blue balls waiting for the Rangers to score

12 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Garden of dreams prize of a personalized message from Sam. I only want it if he messes up my name

12 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Do they ever say  hey you have a Bluegar on your jersy?

12 hours ago, Dunny said:

Isn't it wild how you meticulously plan a rebuild for years, base it around two blue chip wingers that Craig Button told you were A1, ready to go, and it turns out some undrafted Italian dude on the scrap heap was the missing piece.

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

That was me. I had a burrito for dinner. 

When Henrik looks me in the eye and asks me to donate, by god I donate! 

God, if you eat Tavaras’ cereal in Toronto do you automatically choke? 

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

The final 2:26 of this game brought to you by LensCrafters.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Seriously have to give @Pete his due!  He's been saying that shit all year.  This team looks fabulous, being able to play a solid 5v5 game.

….but the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Dunny, who spotlight's our top hit sensation of the week:  Frankie V & The Bro-mance!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, Gravesy said:

Only watched the last 10 minutes. Looked like Laffy got buried again? Seemed like the 3rd line to close out the game was Chytil centering Goodrow and Motte.

It looked like it yes.

I don't mind it tbh. Pens shortened their bench so I don't mind us doing the same for the last 10 minutes of a really important 1 goal game. Laf still needs to work on his D-zone game and there's better times to do that than last 10 vs Penguins.

I just don't hope it's gonna be a trend. Laf has been good lately and he's working hard, sucks if he's gonna be benched every other game.

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I don't think his shot is all that great.

Copp is very useful, and I'm thrilled to have him, but it's been pretty easy to pick out his offensive limitations, so far, points aside.

Didn't need a great shot to shoot at an empty net.