• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Rangers at Detroit Red Wings — Brought to You by the Little Caesars Calzony

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, br-avery said:

Team don't quit! Copp is clutch!

Laffy had a strong game imo minus the one penalty

He had the faceoff win which lead to the goal. Other than that he and McKegg were the only two without a SOG. What did I miss, he missed the net a few times when he had decent looks.

Just now, Kick save and a beauty said:

Just two more back-to-back games on the schedule this year,  April 12-13 and 26-27....  So two more times for Georgie to suit up this season,  Maybe not that many.

Thanks God.  He was almost embarrassing out there tonight.

Three at most. They may want to rest Shesterkin a bit the last week there. I think they close the season with three in four nights.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Three at most. They may want to rest Shesterkin a bit the last week there. I think they close the season with three in four nights.

If we lock up a favorable playoff spot, you may see him a bit more to give Shesty some rest before the playoffs

9 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Panarin has 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points in the last 2 1/2 games without Ryan Strome.

Panarin could play with anyone and generate offense, he’s that good. He’s a generational talent he just gets it done in unorthodox ways. It doesn’t say anything about stromes value 

22 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Could wind up with almost 100 points and no one is really talking about it. lol I'll take the quiet production, though.

Not quite as explosive as his first season as a Ranger where it felt like he was putting up multi-point games almost at will, but I'll take the 'quiet' production over that as long as it's consistent in big games and into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Not quite as explosive as his first season as a Ranger where it felt like he was putting up multi-point games almost at will, but I'll take the 'quiet' production over that as long as it's consistent in big games and into the playoffs.

Right. That was his best hockey of his career right there.

5 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Panarin could play with anyone and generate offense, he’s that good. He’s a generational talent he just gets it done in unorthodox ways. It doesn’t say anything about stromes value 

Why yes, yes it does say a lot about Ryan Strome's value. He doesn't make Panarin go. It's not some equal partnership duo. It's Panarin. Always has been.

Strome is a $3-4M hockey player about to get $6, thanks to Bread.

Edited by rmc51
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Why yes, yes it does say a lot about Ryan Strome's value. He doesn't make Panarin go. It's not some equal partnership duo. It's Panarin. Always has been.

Of course there was a period last season where Panarin was out and Strome managed to produce without him.  Small sample sizes aside, Panarin is a great player and Strome is a good player.  They work well together, the only problem here is the salary cap.   

10 minutes ago, Karan said:

I think part of it is his lack of outward excitement around the game on the ice, the whole leg kick thing was electric.  I'll take his quiet production any day but it does seem like something has changed within. Wilson, Putin whatever, outwardly it doesn't seem like he's enjoying the game as much.  That said let's see what he does in the playoffs to see if the production carries over. Fingers crossed.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

2 positives coming out of this game: the 2 points and the fact that Igor will likely start at least the next couple. The rest you gotta squint pretty hard to find something to like.

What I take away from this game is that the team doesn’t panic. They looked a hell of a lot more veteran like than we give them credit for. A year ago this game is toast and we lose 5-2 or 5-3 because we give up. This year? Just keep battling. 

• Like 2

4th game in six nights, and it often looked like it.  

The "rusty" excuse no longer holds for Geo; he's been playing regularly of late.

I think this was the third time in a few weeks that the Rangers got a PP down a goal with around five minutes left and scored.  The first two times they called a TO to prolong the first unit's stay.  This time, Kreider was on the ice at the time of the penalty but they got a TV timeout.

With respect to the overused phrase "hard to play against," Detroit is the least "hard to play against" team that I've seen.

So many "I'll take the two's".  We didn't get those in the past.

I see only two games that call for a Georgiev start the remainder of the season, and both are against lousy teams on the back end of a back to back (Philly and Montreal). Unfortunately, I see him probably getting sprinkled in at least one other time in addition. So figure 3 starts left for him. And truthfully, they scare the shit out of me. We have been dominant at home this season; having home ice in around 1 would be huge, even with Pittsburgh being one of the better teams on the road this season.

I just don’t want to be in a position where overplaying this fucking hack costs us home ice. You just can’t trust him. It’s embarrassing. I know I have road him all season, and I did praise him during and after that brilliant performance in Carolina. But for every one of those comes 7 or 8 performances where you don’t know what you’re getting. He just play 2 games in 4 days (why? I don’t know) and allowed 8 goals on 43 shots, half of which at minimum can be deemed soft goals.

I just can’t wait for this experiment to finally end. He wants out as bad as we all want him out too, I’m sure.

6 hours ago, Keirik said:

What I take away from this game is that the team doesn’t panic. They looked a hell of a lot more veteran like than we give them credit for. A year ago this game is toast and we lose 5-2 or 5-3 because we give up. This year? Just keep battling. 

What I'm looking for is more defensive consistency. The Rangers have evolved from flailing around while Igor saves their ass to beating good teams with patience and  discipline. Last night, they were back to giving up a lot of odd-man rushes and coughing up the puck against a team they should dominate. On the other hand, NYR kept finding themselves behind when they shouldn't have, with the need to take chances to catch up. Looking at you, Geo.

So, I applaud the resilience and the ability to get it done when they need to - and have all year. The year-over-year improvement of this team remains mind blowing and I've never been in the we-suck-except-for-Igor camp. 

I just want to see them practice that methodical, physical, stingy D and make it the rule as they head into the playoffs. 

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I see only two games that call for a Georgiev start the remainder of the season, and both are against lousy teams on the back end of a back to back (Philly and Montreal). Unfortunately, I see him probably getting sprinkled in at least one other time in addition. So figure 3 starts left for him. And truthfully, they scare the shit out of me. We have been dominant at home this season; having home ice in around 1 would be huge, even with Pittsburgh being one of the better teams on the road this season.

I just don’t want to be in a position where overplaying this fucking hack costs us home ice. You just can’t trust him. It’s embarrassing. I know I have road him all season, and I did praise him during and after that brilliant performance in Carolina. But for every one of those comes 7 or 8 performances where you don’t know what you’re getting. He just play 2 games in 4 days (why? I don’t know) and allowed 8 goals on 43 shots, half of which at minimum can be deemed soft goals.

I just can’t wait for this experiment to finally end. He wants out as bad as we all want him out too, I’m sure.

They weren't able to go to get a backup at the deadline, at this point they're resting all their hopes on Igor. 

Now they are in a position where they have to play him because they can't afford him to be rusty.

That said, the only way he's playing is if there's a serious injury to Igor, in which case the team has no shot anyway.

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

What I'm looking for is more defensive consistency. The Rangers have evolved from flailing around while Igor saves their ass to beating good teams with patience and  discipline. Last night, they were back to giving up a lot of odd-man rushes and coughing up the puck against a team they should dominate. On the other hand, NYR kept finding themselves behind when they shouldn't have, with the need to take chances to catch up. Looking at you, Geo.

So, I applaud the resilience and the ability to get it done when they need to - and have all year. The year-over-year improvement of this team remains mind blowing and I've never been in the we-suck-except-for-Igor camp. 

I just want to see them practice that methodical, physical, stingy D and make it the rule as they head into the playoffs. 

I mean the Rangers have drastically cut down on shots against. They've drastically cut down on odd man rushes against. Last night should have been a 4-0 win. When your goalie saves a shot into his own goal, you are in trouble. Georgiev did nothing to relieve the team who was playing back to backs, and yet again, they bailed him out. 

IMO, this is the best defensive group this team has had in years. Is Igor the best goalie in the game? Yes. But the team defense has gotten much stronger over the course of the season, and right now they're very good. If you can continue to hold teams to 24, 25, 26 shots a night, they're going to win most of those games.

1 minute ago, ThirtyONE said:

IMO, this is the best defensive group this team has had in years. Is Igor the best goalie in the game? Yes. But the team defense has gotten much stronger over the course of the season, and right now they're very good. If you can continue to hold teams to 24, 25, 26 shots a night, they're going to win most of those games.

100%. 

The new forward depth is much faster and better at applying back pressure, so the odd mad rushes are defended better with the D being able to stand up a bit more and make a play. 

Cutting down the shots against was critical. 

Geo needs a crack as a starter somewhere. I hope he gets one just so we can see what he does with it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I mean the Rangers have drastically cut down on shots against. They've drastically cut down on odd man rushes against. Last night should have been a 4-0 win. When your goalie saves a shot into his own goal, you are in trouble. Georgiev did nothing to relieve the team who was playing back to backs, and yet again, they bailed him out. 

Definitely, especially the half way point or so. Early in the season, October, November, December, the narrative around the league that the Rangers were just winning with Shesterkin and kind of hanging on had merit. Obviously he's still a huge part of them winning, but there needs to be some credit given to the defensive play and the overall structure.