• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

10 Goals in 15 Games — Can/Will Kreider Break Jagr's Franchise Record?

Phil

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

PeteHateJagr.jpg?raw=1

I've grown to appreciate the Jagr era of the Rangers, however that guy didn't give a shit about playing here, or the franchise, or anything but a paycheck, so fuck him.

Krieder would be a worthy holder of that record, should he grab it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew a Penalty said:

They still play the Flyers twice, Detroit twice (including tonight) and Montreal once. All of those teams are among the worst in goals against in the league. He’ll have some opportunities against bad teams to pad his stats.

I was just going to go look at this, but also PK%.

Wings' PK% is dead last. Habs are 28th. Flyers are 25th.

He absolutely has a real shot at it.

• VINNY! 1

6 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

It will be tough unless the Rangers start getting PPs again. They are getting none of them right now.

Yeah, they've struggled to draw lately. In the span of their last 5 games they're second worst in the NHL with just 6 powerplay opportunities. Over the course of the season they're seventh worst, but one short of a tie for 9th worst. This is oddly where they miss Kevin Rooney whose 16 drawn penalties are the second highest on the team. Strome is fourth with 14. Playing without the two of them definitely hurts their ability to get calls.

I say he falls just short, but will definitely get at least 50. It would be cool if a homegrown Ranger had the record, but I really have no issue with Jagr having it. He's one of the best players of all time, no shame in that. I don't think he ever hated it here or really didn't like the organization. He has said in the past that the Rangers helped re-invigorate his love for the game and I think he took it personally when people were picking the Rangers to finish in the basement coming out of the lockout. The Jagr years are some of my favorite Rangers teams and watching him here was great.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Chris “overpaid at 6.5M” Kreider. There’s still fans (not really here, but out in the wilderness) who still believe that.

I'll stand up and say yes, that was me, RMC!!!!  ...I hated that deal when he signed it...I admit it!!!  I also think I had a seizure that day!  ...even went to the doctor because I was sick!!!  LOL

I can fully say with great pride:  I WAS WRONG!!!!   ...and I'm very grateful to say that!  He's been fucking FABULOUS this year!!!

Edited by Ozzy